Daves Bar. Saturday Night. If You Are Not A Total

Jockstar

It is a live venue with class acts...Snowman and Laem etc...not a roadside karaoke joint....The price covers the entertainment as well...If its too much maybe you should relocate to Cambodia and if its too loud you are too old.... :D

I pay that much for a coke in a city where a club costs upwards of 60,000,000 Baht. But if it's ok with you well, good for Dave. :o

cv

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of bars charge alot for soft drinks, in some bars beer is even cheaper. :D

As some people know The Blues Factory is dead before 10pm ish.

I arrived in the bar at 9pm and i was sitting with my wife, uncle and his bird. I left the club at 11.10pm and went back in there at 12am, stayed for 15 mins and hit the gogo's again :o (nobody asked for me or ask staff for me :D )

Well that was a total waste of time. I was there from 8.15 till 9.00 then again at around 10 and didn't see anyone looking like a load of thai visa pissheads.Even if you were there lads you couldn't have introduced yourselves,I wouldn't have heard if Jockstar was Scottish,French or Eskimo.We was going straight back with the supplies but cause of the night out we booked in the Siam Bayshore till monday(cost a bomb,but it was close to the blues factory). I will be in The Pig &Whistle for sunday lunch tomorrow,so if anyones still around.................my number is 072427421

No Jockstar....well at least Dave saved on buying the first beer.. :o

They might have been there. There was about seven or eight farangs scattered around when I went back,although there was no sign of a farang running the show so I take it even Dave wasn't there.Mind you I didn't mind that much not stopping,I'm no tight wad,but at ฿190 for two small draught cokes, it makes it a bloody expensive evening when you don't have the sheer joy of crawling home at the end of it.

Lampard....were any of these farangs wearing kilts and shouting `Scotland` `Scotland`??......that might have given you a clue.... :D

It is a live venue with class acts...Snowman and Laem etc...not a roadside karaoke joint....The price covers the entertainment as well...If its too much maybe you should relocate to Cambodia and if its too loud you are too old.... :o

I realise that.....I don't mind how much I pay for a good drink. But coke. I hate the <deleted> stuff. And the music was very good until the girl singer came on.Not too loud at all. Unless you wanted to meet and talk to a load of guys that you had never seen before.Then it was a daft meeting place.No, while I was there I enjoyed the place for what it was meant to be for. A live music club. Mind you,when I get back to my new place I might put the coke up from ฿10. After all we got a class act as well. Or maybe you havn't met my customers.

It is a live venue with class acts...Snowman and Laem etc...not a roadside karaoke joint....The price covers the entertainment as well...If its too much maybe you should relocate to Cambodia and if its too loud you are too old.... :D

I realise that.....I don't mind how much I pay for a good drink. But coke. I hate the <deleted> stuff. And the music was very good until the girl singer came on.Not too loud at all. Unless you wanted to meet and talk to a load of guys that you had never seen before.Then it was a daft meeting place.No, while I was there I enjoyed the place for what it was meant to be for. A live music club. Mind you,when I get back to my new place I might put the coke up from ฿10. After all we got a class act as well. Or maybe you havn't met my customers.

And the music was  very good until the  girl singer came on

I'm hugely confused now??? You thought the singer (Mary) was'nt any good? :o

Dave - we obviously know that isn't true. :D Mary is tops!!!!

I thought she was decididly average. My wife didn't like her.\of course it's everyone to their own tastes.When the original 4 fella group were on she wanted to buy a tape of their music. When you say nobody asked for you,I take it nobody turned up then.What a shame,I was looking forward to meeting a few names.In fact we organised our trip round it. Even going as far as booking in a hotel nearby.Never mind. Next trip if we stay over I'll run in the bar and scream 'Where the fcuks Dave'?' It'll either get me introduced or thrown out.Btw Yorkie sends his regards. I was supposed to tell you that last night. In fact he neally came too.

The paddy's were a bit quiet also :o

4-0 :D

I thought 'Oh well,all is not lost. I'll go back to the hotel and watch the footie'..........................they didn't show it. I just couldn't be bothered to go out again so I went to sleep at 10.30.I dreamt england won 4-0. But then again I dreamt Scotland won 3-0. It was about that time I realised I was only dreaming :D

Edited by lampard10

Hey guys. I'm gonna defend myself here. I WAS in the Blues factory last night. I was in there from around 10.30pm. I saw Dave was a bit stressed. So i thought later i would speak to him. When i wanted to. He was no where to be seen. I asked the staff and they told me hes upstairs. So i said can you get him. They looked at me as if to Say FUKC OFF!. So i tried. Jai dee and tukyleith had problems of their own. But at least they called. So dont say i was't there. Lampard. I said i would be be there around 9-10ish. So why did nyou expect me to be there around 8.30-9ish? By the way Dave. I like your bar mate. Good music. Though the chick singer is not rocking enough. Some of the songs she sang. Really need a bloke singing to do them justice. Lam Morrison was cool though.

Though the chick singer is not rocking enough. Some of the songs she sang. Really need a bloke singing to do them justice. Lam Morrison was cool though.

Well, I for one think she's bloody good. However, as she starts at 9 ish or so, I am guaranteed to be at least 1/2 way to sh1tfaced.

Though the chick singer is not rocking enough. Some of the songs she sang. Really need a bloke singing to do them justice. Lam Morrison was cool though.

Well, I for one think she's bloody good. However, as she starts at 9 ish or so, I am guaranteed to be at least 1/2 way to sh1tfaced.

Never seen you halfssh1tfacedatninebefore.................come to think of it I've never seen you at nine

Gents, my apologies for not being there Saturday night.

Believe me, I wanted to go.

But I went out with my missus on Friday night with Tukyleith and his family and we all had a lot to drink, and we had a small problem that became a big problem, and the upshot was... I stayed home all day Saturday with my teeruk. Called in sick to work in the morning, cancelled golf in the afternoon, and asked Tukyleith to make my apologies for the evening.

I had to... my teeruk is number one in my life, and my concern for her comes before all else, even if it means giving up the opportunity to meet up with you guys.

So... I'm sorry... but I had other priorities... I sincerely hope you all understand.

:o

I hope there's another opportunity in the future... you all seem like decent blokes, and I'd really like to meet you all and share an ale and a tale together :D .

Gents, my apologies for not being there Saturday night.

Believe me, I wanted to go.

But I went out with my missus on Friday night with Tukyleith and his family and we all had a lot to drink, and we had a small problem that became a big problem, and the upshot was... I stayed home all day Saturday with my teeruk.  Called in sick to work in the morning, cancelled golf in the afternoon, and asked Tukyleith to make my apologies for the evening.

I had to... my teeruk is number one in my life, and my concern for her comes before all else, even if it means giving up the opportunity to meet up with you guys.

So... I'm sorry... but I had other priorities... I sincerely hope you all understand.

:o

I hope there's another opportunity in the future... you all seem like decent blokes, and I'd really like to meet you all and share an ale and a tale together  :D .

Understood matey - whipped comes to mind!!! :D Seriously it happens to the best of us - choose your battles wisely!!!

Understood matey - whipped comes to mind!!! :D  Seriously it happens to the best of us - choose your battles wisely!!!

Thanks britmaverick... I really truly ruly did want to go, but there was no way known to mankind that I was going alone (as my other half suggested to me)... my relationship would have suffered, and I'm not about to jeopardize that for anyone... even you guys. :o

Understood matey - whipped comes to mind!!! :D  Seriously it happens to the best of us - choose your battles wisely!!!

Thanks britmaverick... I really truly ruly did want to go, but there was no way known to mankind that I was going alone (as my other half suggested to me)... my relationship would have suffered, and I'm not about to jeopardize that for anyone... even you guys. :D

Jai Dee - first time I met w/Dave for an hour. I got all sorts of shi*e about going for a short time. :D Sometimes I think I might as well done it. Luckily I get passes now when I meet people from the website...she sort of trusts me after many talks. :o

Edited by britmaveric

Jai Dee - first time I met w/Dave for an hour. I got all sorts of shi*e about going for a short time.  :o Sometimes I think I might as well done it. Luckily I get passes now when I meet people from the website.

Actually, that's one of the main reasons for wanting to take my teeruk along... I wanted her to realise that there are real people out there, not just internet nerds of freaks that hide behind computer screens. As I mentioned somewhere else in another thread... you can get the measure of a person on TV to a certain degree by the content of their posts... if it's relevant or not... if it's informative and useful or not... or if it's just plain rubbish... post enough of the same stuff and you can recognize certain qualities in people.

That is why I wanted to meet up with you guys, and wanted my teeruk to meet up with you guys too... credibility counts... no ST's, no hanky panky, just meeting good people and having some fun. Talking helps, but actions speak louder than words.

Anyway, our problems I hope are over for now, and hopefully we'll have another opportunity some time soon.

Jai Dee - first time I met w/Dave for an hour. I got all sorts of shi*e about going for a short time.  :o Sometimes I think I might as well done it. Luckily I get passes now when I meet people from the website.

Actually, that's one of the main reasons for wanting to take my teeruk along... I wanted her to realise that there are real people out there, not just internet nerds of freaks that hide behind computer screens. As I mentioned somewhere else in another thread... you can get the measure of a person on TV to a certain degree by the content of their posts... if it's relevant or not... if it's informative and useful or not... or if it's just plain rubbish... post enough of the same stuff and you can recognize certain qualities in people.

That is why I wanted to meet up with you guys, and wanted my teeruk to meet up with you guys too... credibility counts... no ST's, no hanky panky, just meeting good people and having some fun. Talking helps, but actions speak louder than words.

Anyway, our problems I hope are over for now, and hopefully we'll have another opportunity some time soon.

hey Jai Dee. Got your text on Sunday morning. Spoke to Tuky on Saturday night. Seems like a nice guy. Bummer about what happened. Ah well. Maybe another time. ie If you are up in Bangkok then give me a shout.

hey Jai Dee. Got your text on Sunday morning. Spoke to Tuky on Saturday night. Seems like a nice guy. Bummer about what happened. Ah well. Maybe another time. ie If you are up in Bangkok then give me a shout.

Thanks Jockstar... I will.

I may be there on Sunday night... possible new job interview on Monday morning.

If we do catch up it will have to be a quiet one though... wouldn't want to give potential new employers the wrong idea if I rolled up reeking of achohol. :o

Thanks Jockstar... I will.

I may be there on Sunday night... possible new job interview on Monday morning.

If we do catch up it will have to be a quiet one though... wouldn't want to give potential new employers the wrong idea if I rolled up reeking of achohol. :o

We can do a quiet one . Maybe just a few beers. I got work on Monday anyway. Teaching kids with a hangover is not the best i can tell ya. Give me a bell if your up.

Thanks britmaverick... I really truly ruly did want to go, but there was no way known to mankind that I was going alone (as my other half suggested to me)... my relationship would have suffered, and I'm not about to jeopardize that for anyone... even you guys. :D

Sad to hear she controls your life :o

Jai Dee - first time I met w/Dave for an hour. I got all sorts of shi*e about going for a short time. :D Sometimes I think I might as well done it. Luckily I get passes now when I meet people from the website...she sort of trusts me after many talks. :o

And another sad sook :D

Edited by Terminator

Sad to hear she controls your life :o

She doesn't... I make my own choices. I love her and I respect her.

Simple isn't it?

So this pissup didn't quite happen. Though i was pissed! How about TV organising a pissup somewhere? Bangkok would be good as i THINK that more people live there? Come on George. Free pissup? Bangkok? Any chance?