Blue Book

I heard a rumour that from tomorrow 1-10-09 a farang can have his/her name put on the blue book along with their Thai spouse as 50-50 co-owner and it's not going to cost anything.

Anyone know any truth about this??

Thanks

why 50 -50just put it in your name all my vehicles are registered in my name. Did someone tell you you cannot register it in your name?

I heard a rumour that from tomorrow 1-10-09 a farang can have his/her name put on the blue book along with their Thai spouse as 50-50 co-owner and it's not going to cost anything.

Thanks

In addition to having the yellow booklet issued, I was in the blue booklet for several years. In fact, Immigration (in BKK and not in Nan) insisted this year on my name being included in the blue booklet otherwise they would not have given me the annual re-entry visa I requested. Yes, it did not cost anything to include my name in the blue house booklet four years ago. Whether you are a 50/50% co-owner - in the case of divorce - depends on your signature, attesting that you gave the house to your partner as a gift during the house purchase formalities at the land office.

Thanks

In addition to having the yellow booklet issued, I was in the blue booklet for several years. In fact, Immigration (in BKK and not in Nan) insisted this year on my name being included in the blue booklet otherwise they would not have given me the annual re-entry visa I requested. Yes, it did not cost anything to include my name in the blue house booklet four years ago. Whether you are a 50/50% co-owner - in the case of divorce - depends on your signature, attesting that you gave the house to your partner as a gift during the house purchase formalities at the land office.

Sorry,don't understand how you can be on the Blue Tabien Ban.I thought it's only Thais.

Falls you have PR or are Thai,please excuse me.

Thanks

Sorry,don't understand how you can be on the Blue Tabien Ban.I thought it's only Thais.

Falls you have PR or are Thai,please excuse me.

Yes, I have a PR, hence, my request for a re-entry visa.

Whether you are a 50/50% co-owner - in the case of divorce - depends on your signature, attesting that you gave the house to your partner as a gift during the house purchase formalities at the land office.

The name(s) in the blue (or yellow) house book has nothing to do with ownership of the property. It is only a record those who live at the property.

This one actually may be true.

You need to search back through recent posts by Arkady, who tends to know about this stuff. He mentioned that anew reg. had been passed to allow entry onto the blue book by non-PR foreigners.

No indication of when that would happen, but Arkady isn't one to make this stuff up.

This one actually may be true.

You need to search back through recent posts by Arkady, who tends to know about this stuff. He mentioned that anew reg. had been passed to allow entry onto the blue book by non-PR foreigners.

No indication of when that would happen, but Arkady isn't one to make this stuff up.

In other words a foreigner can be listed on his spouses blue book as a house resident at that address only, but will not be the housemaster/housemistress.

Yellow or blue, nobody has been able to give a compelling legal reason why a farang needs to be in either. I get along just fine without one, as do thousands of other farang temporary residents in Thailand. I have never been able to understand what all the hypertension is over the house book for a non Thai. Now if the house book proved ownership of the house then it would be different, but it doesn't.

Whether you are a 50/50% co-owner - in the case of divorce - depends on your signature, attesting that you gave the house to your partner as a gift during the house purchase formalities at the land office.

Not so, you only attest to the that fact that the money used for the purchase belongs to your wife solely and is not Sin Somros (marital property). The gifting of property, land and/or house, by a farang to a Thai wife is a legal gray area. In a divorce, the division of Sin Somros is up to the judge. Foreigners have been known to get a 50/50 split even when the wife 'owned' the property, it all depends on the source of the funds.

Edited by InterestedObserver

Thanks

I am on my way in a few min's to register the house, if thats the correct term. I will get back to you as to whether my name will be included in the blue house book.

Cheers, Rick

Hi all,

Got to Banglamung office and the paperwork went through Ok, as it should for the missus. She asked for my name to be included in the blue book and we were told it can be, but.... I have to copy the photo page of my passport and have it translated into Thai. Bring along 4 passport size photo's and have the passport copy signed by 3 different people to confirm that I live at this address. Otherwise no go.

Don't understand why I must have the passport translated because when I do my 90 day reporting etc my UK identity is always used.

Is this the norm???

Cheers, Rick

Any document used at District Office must be in Thai. You had to do the same thing with your Embassy permission to marry paperwork. Only Immigration accepts Thai and English.

Thanks for the explanation Lop, you have taught me something new yet again. I will go with the flow as usual and hopefully have my name in the blue book on Monday.

Cheers, Rick