Rain

gotlost

About 8:30-9:45 this evening, steady moderate and up. S. of Maejo 3kms. A good 45 minutes worth around 3:30 this morning as well - thunder woke me.

This is way wonderful-weird. Blessings without disguise. ('Course, I don't know how well these last two months serve farmers.)

And it's started up again!

I hope the mods and other powers that be will rescind their banning of "gotlost". He was ceratinly the most valuable poster on this thread. I for one would like to know how the cumulative rainfall stands against prior years.

Anyone know, or got a link to a website that tracks this? TIA

I liked to read gotlost commentaries, although I didn't agree with him all the time. Have no idea why he is banned but miss his commentary here. Hope he might come back.

I hope the mods and other powers that be will rescind their banning of "gotlost" ... snip ...

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun LannaRebirth,

To slightly mis-quote Smokey Robinson: "we second that emotion."

best, ~o:37;

I hope the mods and other powers that be will rescind their banning of "gotlost". He was ceratinly the most valuable poster on this thread. I for one would like to know how the cumulative rainfall stands against prior years.

Why? I thought the Chiang Mai forum was entirely devoted to where to eat and what to eat? :whistling:

As for rain, I didn't get away from the rainy season by coming back to Canada. I"ve been home for 37 days and we haven't had 2 sunny days in a row since I've been back. :angry: And, the temperature is 15 degrees below normal for this time of year. :annoyed:

A full 3 inches yesterday in San Sai

Can't wait for rainy season, I am going to buy a submarine.

Isn't this rainy season ?

By my experience May is about as hot as April with only a little rain. But it's raining daily like it's August.

But I don't know what day rainy season begins officially, or if different areas have different designations.

I know the deep south gets most of their rain when the north is tinder dry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We had some termite problems recently where by they had entered our bedroom and started to build two , lets say houses one in the corner of the wall and one inside the wardrobe so we have had to vacate to another bedroom (due to the smell of that awful termite spray)that does not have any aircon, so it is a welcome relief that the rains are upon us to keep the temperature down, hope it lasts another few days (In our case) .

I look forward to the return of GOTLOST what a nice guy, I had the opportunity of talking to him a while back on a issue concerning the purchase of some furniture for the wife's house in Issan and his recommendation saved us literally thousands if not tens of thousands of Baht.

On the inquisitive/Curious/ Nosy side (1)does any one know when his ban ceases or come to that (2)why he was actually banned ?.

Forget (2) if it is against any forum rules to discuss,

TB

• 1 month later...

I can confirm consistent rainfall on the west side of the moat.

Your'e kidding?

No Iam not. It is still raining. In fact, it may have got slightly heavier.

You're right!

I thought it had cooled down and got darker.

I can confirm consistent rainfall on the west side of the moat.

Your'e kidding?

No Iam not. It is still raining. In fact, it may have got slightly heavier.

You're right!

I thought it had cooled down and got darker.

Nong Hoi just lost satellite reception because of the rain.