Pattaya Weather

R123

Having been in Manila from a week yesterday to last Sunday, the effect of the typhoon on Pattaya is not even worthy of mention. We've had some rain and a bit of wind during the rainy season. It doesn't even compare to some of the flooding we have had here in the last two or three years.

Don,t know about you, but seems to me I cannot ever recall such bad weather in Pattaya, and I've been here more than a decade.

Feel sorry for all those affected by flooding etc, so best of luck to you.......

Don't any of you people remember '83 or was it '84 when Pattaya Klang road and houses were washed into the bay by the rain storms. Beach road was washed away as well. That was bad weather.....not like the little showers we have been having lately.

I would say, and I'm sure the statistics would back me up, that this has been one of the driest wet seasons to date for quite a few years!

How many years ago was it when we had so much rain the crocodile farm was flooded and all the crocs escaped? that was interesting!

• 1 month later...
I agee, a very violent thunderstorm has just hit Pattaya (November 17th) which is rather late in the year for such cloudbursts and electrical storms.

Agreed on that one, the mother and father of storms so far this year. It seemed to come over us from Rayong then stalled over Pattaya where it stayed for a long time, looked very scary indeed from Phoenix Golf Course.

Having been in Pattaya for just over two weeks (31/10 to 15/11/09) what I observed was, on Tuesday 3/11/09 woke to heavy winds that lasted two days but recall no rain, the temperature dropped below 20c at night and a day time high of 24c for a day or so before the temperatures soared so high I found last week so unbearably hot with the exception of last Saturday which was cloudy and cooler.

As for rain, Passed through a rain storm Saturday 31/10 en route to Pattaya outside BKK that lasted about 20 mins, when I arrived in Pattaya it was dry and hot, it rained the following Saturday evening lasted less than an hour and one afternoon early last week there had been a down pour but missed that as I had been out on a boat all day, many times I have been out on a boat out at Koh larn or the Far Islands where it has been sunny and watched Pattaya and Jomtien get a cloud burst.

As I always vacate first two weeks of November in Pattaya in my personal experience the last two week has been probably the best first two weeks of November for many year, now I am back in the UK, it is 5am near freezing outside, missed the gales of last weekend but getting weather warnings of more to come, one thing for sure I would rather be in Pattaya than the UK.

Having been in Pattaya for just over two weeks (31/10 to 15/11/09) what I observed was, on Tuesday 3/11/09 woke to heavy winds that lasted two days but recall no rain, the temperature dropped below 20c at night and a day time high of 24c for a day or so before the temperatures soared so high I found last week so unbearably hot with the exception of last Saturday which was cloudy and cooler.

As for rain, Passed through a rain storm Saturday 31/10 en route to Pattaya outside BKK that lasted about 20 mins, when I arrived in Pattaya it was dry and hot, it rained the following Saturday evening lasted less than an hour and one afternoon early last week there had been a down pour but missed that as I had been out on a boat all day, many times I have been out on a boat out at Koh larn or the Far Islands where it has been sunny and watched Pattaya and Jomtien get a cloud burst.

As I always vacate first two weeks of November in Pattaya in my personal experience the last two week has been probably the best first two weeks of November for many year, now I am back in the UK, it is 5am near freezing outside, missed the gales of last weekend but getting weather warnings of more to come, one thing for sure I would rather be in Pattaya than the UK.

I'll keep me upated on the weather here if you like :)