Pattaya Weather

R123

Don,t know about you, but seems to me I cannot ever recall such bad weather in Pattaya, and I've been here more than a decade.

Feel sorry for all those affected by flooding etc, so best of luck to you.......

Don,t know about you, but seems to me I cannot ever recall such bad weather in Pattaya, and I've been here more than a decade.

Feel sorry for all those affected by flooding etc, so best of luck to you.......

A little bit of rain and wind is ok by me .It brings down the temperature .Its still the rainy season so i dont know what you are on about ?

I think the weather has been great the last few months. The rain mostly saves itself for late at night, and the days have usually been dry and often surprisingly sunny. As for floods, there aren't any here in Jomtien. There's a burst water main (again!) on Thappraya Road, and of course the area around the Hanuman statue is a mud bath (quelle surprise!), but floods? Where are they then?

I think the weather has been great the last few months. The rain mostly saves itself for late at night, and the days have usually been dry and often surprisingly sunny. As for floods, there aren't any here in Jomtien. There's a burst water main (again!) on Thappraya Road, and of course the area around the Hanuman statue is a mud bath (quelle surprise!), but floods? Where are they then?

Open your eyes it started more than a week or two ago and is getting worse:

http://pattayaone.net/news/2009/september/...3_09_52_4.shtml

While there are exceptions, most years the heaviest rain tends to fall from the middle of September until the end of October. I have told visitors for years that this is basically the Pattaya rainy season. The bad weather this year started, I believe, on 14th September. In other words, exactly as expected. You only need to take a quick look at both Chaknork and Mabprachan lakes (both of which are extremely low) to appreciate that, actually, we have not had that much rain compared to most years, and we need a great deal more if we are going to avoid a serious drought next year.

I find it quite normal. As one poster already mentioned, September and October use to be the worst months of the rainy season.

It's ok as long as I stay home. From the weather forecast it seems like next week will be drier though. 4 weeks to go and the waether will turn much better.

Cheers

I find it quite normal. As one poster already mentioned, September and October use to be the worst months of the rainy season.

It's ok as long as I stay home. From the weather forecast it seems like next week will be drier though. 4 weeks to go and the waether will turn much better.

Cheers

Good as my husband and i come out there in a month as we have done for the last 7 years and the weather has never let us down yet.

The usual suspects are

Second Road from South Rd to Klang

Klang from Second Rd to Third

The Soi out the back of the market on South Rd. and Soi VC as far down as Theppraya.

Sukhumvit outside the waterski lake

Sukhumvit outside Central Park 3

we have not had that much rain compared to most years, and we need a great deal more if we are going to avoid a serious drought next year.

But Pattaya City hall has recently assured concerned local businesses that there will be enough water for the high season !!!!

maybe Mr Mayor isn't expecting a very "high" high season this year. :)

"little bit of rain and wind is ok by me"- are you in Pattaya? it is and has bucketed down, large areas of flooding. Some days continuous downpours all night long. Hardly a 'little bit'!

I would rather it rain all night than during the day when I get soaked. The past two years I got dumped on every afternoon. I LIKE THE NIGHT RAIN... better than day rain.

i for one, welcome our new season. today was a little silly. there was a breeze or two that came around this morning and i think i could see my breath. i'd also like to mention that i still haven't found a forecast you can trust. it can rain cats and dogs on the beach and only get a sprinkle on the farside.

"little bit of rain and wind is ok by me"- are you in Pattaya? it is and has bucketed down, large areas of flooding. Some days continuous downpours all night long. Hardly a 'little bit'!

Where I live in Pattaya it has not been bucketing down all night long. I've just been around town on my bike and the roads are dry. Last night it rained a bit, but it wasn't particularly heavy.

I've seen much worse over the last 4 years.

C'mon, pussy weather. Cold season with a lowest of 13 centigrade (snow in C'rai), Water scooters providing transport services on 2nd and South PTY road, Beach road completely washed in the bay opposite Soi Post office, Soi Post office a really fast streaming river with kids with floating devices risking their health, Jomtien beach road washed away, Sukhumvit between South and Klang impassible by traffic except tour busses. All in various years though, but this is mild and pleasant weather by any standard.

The pertinent point of the headline being that it is the "TAIL END" of the storm. Everything is relative,and try telling people in the

Philippines that the weather here is atrocious !! The wave heights in the pictures shown wouldn't even raise an eyebrow to someone

who lives in,for example, Scottish coastal waters.

Last night I was walking along Jomtien Beach and the wind was right down,quite pleasant actually. It was quite windy the previous night

admittedly, but as said, hardly gale-force........merely mild "tail-end" stuff.

Open your eyes it started more than a week or two ago and is getting worse:

http://pattayaone.net/news/2009/september/...3_09_52_4.shtml

There's nothing wrong with my eyesight, thank you for your concern.

So there was heavy rain on one night that led to a bit of flooding at the usual places? Big deal. You claim to have lived here for 10 years and yet you seem scared by a bit of tropical rain. I'd suggest it's you who should get out a bit more. Try spending a few rainy seasons living up-country, or in Cambodia, and then come back and tell us about how bad the occasional minor flood in Pattaya is. Even Bangkok has floods much worse than anything in Pattaya, so please stop moaning.

Last year was far worse. This year is a constant night trickle - compared to torrential flooding. Pattaya does not have that great of a drain system as Bang Sary has about the same. The plants & trees & gardens are loving it. And the bonus round is we don't have to fry up like lizards year round. Enjoy the break while you can!