City Or Jazz ?

Maigo6

Sheesh this would be a write off in the UK but in Thailand will it be repaired??

Safety in cars here isnt a high priority even the Jazz sv only has 2 airbags!

valid point! And only the VTEC has two of them. All others only one for the driver. The VTEC is also the only model with rear disk brakes instead of drums. I wonder that they still dare to offer such medieval technology!

The reason I settled for a High-Line Proton was because I wanted all the goodies that I wouldn't have unless I part with almost 700,000 for a City or a Vios.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pickup against Jazz? Lets try The jazz may look like sh-t, but passanger damage in pickup could be worse.

Pickup with a double weight will receive only half the impact force of the Jazz.

Comparing to concrete barriers - they'd have to crash the Jazz at double speed and then compare the damage to the pickup. At 140km/h there will be nothing left to compare - just a giant pancake.

I think this is the 73 post on City or Jazz, he-he

A friend of mine who didn't which to buy: a Viros or City, went to a rental and rented both cars (less than a year old) for a week to make sure he bought the right car.

Jazz folks are for Jazz and visa verse for City, we are thank Buddha/Good or whatever all different and therefore prefer different cars-girls-beers-clothe and so on, the list is infinity.

Oh yes, which car did my friend buy? He bought a City and told me that the Viros was a completely piece of <deleted> compared to the City :)

What do you reckon lads, any City owners wishing they had gone for Jazz ?

Any Jazz owners wishing they had gone for City ?

I'm thinking about buying one of these for the missus , but I'm not sure what model, I told her I'll give her my Fortuner and buy myself an Accord or Camry, but I can't justify it really, plus they lose a lot of money over the first 3 years.

To be honest, I feel the Fortuner can do anything The Camry or Accord can do, the same cannot be said of the Camry or Accord trying to do everything the Fortuner can do, but I'm still a big fan of both models!

So, I'll probably keep my Fortuner and maybe get a Jazz or City, I'm normally a Toyota man but I think the Jazz and the City have the upper hand over The Yaris and the Vios.

So, it's the City or the Jazz, what do you think ? :)

C'mon then Maigo whats it to be????

C'mon then Maigo whats it to be????

Still not sure, with me it will an impulse buy, if I walked into a showroom and they had one I could take away immediately, that would probably swing it for me.

The Honda dealership has said it's a 2 months waiting period, that's too long really.

I've looked on some sites and seen nearly new examples of both models, but there is very little price difference between new and used.

I'll have a better look around in a few weeks.

Edited by Maigo6

I feel with Maigo...I was in each and every showroom up and down Sukhumvit in Pattaya and there was no car that said "buy me". Something was always missing in the package.

Proton has cruise control but only 1.6 l engine. Same for the Chevvy Estate. Civic costs a lot of dosh, but has all I want except for the hatchback. Then why not paying some extra and going for the Mitsu...having said that, I haven't seen any in real life yet.

Choices, choices...How lucky were the people in old GDR....Wartburg or Trabbi... :)

Hey people! New to the forums here and considering buying a City or Jazz as well.

Hey, Keemapoot! Your city looked nice. Where did you order the customization? At the store where you got your car or somewhere else?

If I buy a city I too want to upgrade it a bit :)

Hey people! New to the forums here and considering buying a City or Jazz as well.

Hey, Keemapoot! Your city looked nice. Where did you order the customization? At the store where you got your car or somewhere else?

If I buy a city I too want to upgrade it a bit :)

Yeah, the dealer did all the customization and delivered the car perfect. Make sure you pick a good big dealer that can do everything. It's nice having a different front grill from everyone else, and the skirting and mags, running lights, really make a difference. One thing missing in the City I sorely miss is the center console. For the Jazz or Yaris, they sell them aftermarket in Chinatown, but I've asked around, and they do not yet make the console for the Jazz. So, I use a small pillow.

One other very small thing that takes getting used to. City uses some sort of fuel-efficient throttling or transmission shifting, whereby when driving slowly in town, it seems to shift prematurely, and feels a little funny. The dealer assured me this is normal, and on accelerating on open stretches of road you don't feel it. (I drove a few Vios before and never felt this) The car is very stingy on petrol, 800 Baht to fill it with gashol 95.

Keemapoot >** oh yeah, I forgot. Honda did something totally stupid with the SV too. They only have the radio and IPOD connection, no CD player. On my model the CD player also has an IPOD connection so I'm not sure what they hel_l they are thinking by doing that to the top model.

<

I am assuming you talk about the City because my 15 month old Jazz SV has not only CD and Ipod connection but an USB input, which is brilliant. I have permanently plugged in a 16 Gb USB memory stick, which houses hundreds of albums. CD is a car is old technology, messy to work.

Very happy with my Jazz, the adjustable chair makes it very comfortable to get in and out of, Spacey boot, folddown versatility, great around town, fine at rasoable speeds on the open road (I don't need to do over 140 at any time).

In short, brilliant car.

Kees5, yes, my point was that the SV did not have a CD player+IPOD+mp3. The lower models have all 3. Therefore, the SV is lacking. Speakers etc., seem to be the same on all models. I agree CDs are legacy, but most people still use them at the same time.

Sorry for not reading all the posts...I just jumped to the end.

As far as I know, you buy a Jazz for your teenage daughter and the hairdresser 'down the road' drives a city. So, the answer to your question is quite easy...do you have a teenage daughter or do you fancy the hairdresser down the road?

Visited the Honda dealer in Hua Hin just to look but ended up buying a Honda City SV!

Like yours, Keema, I changed the frontgrill and got the skirtsets and dark shaded windows. Got another steering wheel for it as well and parking sensors for the missy. Maybe some more things. Don't remember :) I think it will look very nice. Have to wait until dec/jan though as I got a white one which doesn't arrive until then. Maybe thats a 2010 model then?

A bit annoying with the lack of cd-player however. Converting old cd's to mp3 and put them on ipod or usb-stick is a bit stretching if you ask me. The mp3s on computer are not sorted and labeled in a good way to make it easy to play what I want to hear. However, if I may ask, maybe this is solved in a good way:

If you have subfolders on your usb-stick or have play lists in your ipod, are they manageable from the control unit in the car in a good way?

This whole MP3 thing is fine and good assuming everybody has a Nano with all their songs constantly updated. In reality, your Thai wife or partner probably is used to CDs or MP3s on CD discs. If you're anything like us, it's a hodgepodge of CDs, MP3s, Nano, which is not updated, etc.. And, unless everyone in your family has the same musical tastes, you can't get around having a CD player.

Insist that the dealer put one in for you. The SV really missed the boat on that one.

The dealer seemed rather reluctant to put in a Cd instead so I took it as it couldn't be done but I wasn't very persuasive as the missy for some reason likes the idea of an Ipod in the car :)

Ah well, either way it will be fine I guess. When her family visits and go in the car I don't expect to listen to my music anyway and other days she let me listen to whatever I want as she books the tv during some soap operas and music shows and we usually go to a place once or twice a week with a really good live thai band so guess we can continue taking turns :D

How's your car doing, Keema? =)

^The car is great. I bought it for my wife, as I have my own toys, but I like to drive it now too. It does not have a small car feel for some reason, though it is easy to park etc... Tell your wife she can still use an IPOD with the CD player they put in. You may have to have the player put in aftermarket though I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered a City S AT (2-3 months wait at Hua Hin) but was torn between the S and the V as I really wanted the adjustable driver's seat. I can still change my mind, but 45,000 baht is a hefty lump extra though when I only wanted the seat as an extra. Can an adjustable driver's seat be bought aftermarket?

Also would have loved the foldable rear seats too. Guess if I'm going to have what I want, what I really really want, I just need to swallow it and get the wedge out, but that's 120,000 worth of wedge to sit a bit higher and carry a bit of of oversized "stuff" once in a while :) . On the plus, not having the extra capacity may put friends off asking me to move house for them :D .

i bought the new city sv in june,got it from the honda dealer at ekami bangkok,i had to buy it cash didnt think i would get finance on it but never looked in to it either.did the usual asked for discount,5000 baht or i could have free extras.i got

new honda over mats

tinted windows

rear parking sensors

light up stainless steel sill protectors,says city in blue light

leather seats

big plactic boot tray

i also had the full modulo honda body kit and wheels put on and the sat nav(full english as well)dvd fitted helps me go anywhere.

love the car loads of room in it.paddle shift is great,mine has the centre arm rest,lifts up for storage.

anyway what gets me is when i picked the car up in the boot was the complete centre console with the original cd etc,the original wheels all boxed up and the front grill they replaced with the new one,couldnt believe it.that would never happen in the uk,i only paid an extra 3000 each for the wheels expecting it was the upgrade price like in the uk

all in all paid 800,000 for it

post-82095-1258707738_thumb.jpg

post-82095-1258707803_thumb.jpg

post-82095-1258707946_thumb.jpg

post-82095-1258708041_thumb.jpg

post-82095-1258708099_thumb.jpg

I know its a moot point now as he's gone for the City (hairdresser down the road), but I vote Jazz. I've driven both for extended periods on highways and metro. The Jazz can do everything the City except carry a little less luggage. It is zippy, nimble and attractive, by comparison the City feels and looks like a tank, interior as well. I have the pickup for the luggage, the missus wants a Vios, I haven't driven it yet.