Non-o Based On Child In Penang

I have previously made a post regarding the requirements on getting a Non-o based on marriage. However as the paperwork have dragged out, including a letter getting lost in the mail, the marriage have yet to be registered. However, my girlfriend gave birth to my kid in the meantime, so my next visa will be based on that.

So the questions:

I will be going to Penang. Should that be any problem? I assume they only done a crackdown on touristvisas, but want to make sure.

I will bring the birth certificate. Original? Or is a photocopy enough?

Financial proof? I can get a statement from my European bank, will that do any good? Also I have made a bank transfer that will arrive a couple of days before, will that be sufficient? Or do they not accept it, if it haven't been in the account for a period of time?

2 passport photos.

Anything else, I should be bring or be aware of?

Will I be getting a multi-entry Non-o (3 month??) normally, or is the standard a single entry?

If I later want to do an extension, is the requirements the same as extension based on marriage?

Better off going to KL. Better chance of a multiple. Penang will only issue a single entry.

Get a pic of you and mother with baby together. Birth certificate copies and endorsed by her also.

I think you have everything else.

The future extension requirements I have no idea of. Since you are not married, that may be impossible to get.

I'm going to Penang, as it's cheaper.

Anyway, hopefully, we will soon be married. So just a single entry should be sufficient.

Can I then take the visa I get this time, and get it extended based on marriage?

A Non-o is 3 months, right?

All right, I'll do a couple of pictures, good idea.

Single entry Non-O visa will give you 90 day permission to stay on entry. You can apply for extension of stay based on marriage during the last 30 days of your permission to stay as long as you meet the requirements; 400k in Thai bank in your name for 2 months before applying or 40k/month income. If income from abroad you will need income letter from embassy; if income from within Thailand you will need to provide tax receipts.

Edited by thaiphoon