Khon Kaen Immigration Fully Operational

Khon Kaen Immigration is up and running and fully operational. They now have stamps and can do everything any other office can do.

The office covers Khon Kaen, Chayaphum, Mahasarakam and Chumpae. For some strange reason anybody living in Kalasin has to go to the Sakhon Nakhon Immigration office. KK is a lot closer to Kalasin than Sakhon Nakhon. T I T.

Telephone numbers,

08 45166653 The Boss lady formerly from Nong Khai.

08 41006339 A younger lady who has moved from BKK

Sorry forgot to get there names and no landline as yet.

Egghead

Kind of strange because when I did my 90 day report there on Thursday the young lady told me that they were only doing 90 day reports for the foreseeable future. When I asked when I could do a full 12 month extension there she said she didn't know. The office certainly seemed a bit sparse on Thursday considering they're supposedly "up and running" on Friday.

Seems highly unlikely to me but if it is operational then I'll sincerely apologize to the OP and eat an extremely large slice of humble pie. It'll be bloody handy too because I'm off to NK on Monday for my extension.

BTW where would Chumpae residents have to go if not to the Khon Kaen office? :)

Edited by mca

I was up at the Immigration Office on Friday talking to the staff there for an hour or more. It is definatly fully operational and they can do everything as I said in my earlier posting. A lot can change in a day in this country. Call the boss lady on her mobile if you want to confirm. Don't waste your time and money going to NK.

Egghead

Good News. My wife just talked to the immi in Khon Kaen and they said today (Monday 5th Oct) is the first day of being fully operational with regards to extensions. They did advise us to go down first and check that what we require (extension through marriage of a NonB) They want me to take my paperwork first to confirm that they can do it 100% rather than committing themselves over the phone. I'll try and get down there today with my paperwork and and report back later with what they're capable of and what docs they may require (or not) compared to Nong Khai.

My sincere apologies to egghead the OP for doubting him.

Edited by mca

They did advise us to go down first and check that what we require (extension through marriage of a NonB)

You will be extending your permission to stay. Not a Non B Visa. Your Non B Visa probably died years ago.

Thanks for the info. Us in KK have been waiting long enough for this.

My Non-B died in 1995 LB but I still can't get out of the habit of calling my extension a Non-B. I still call every vacuum cleaner a Hoover :)

I'll report back this evening with exactly what they can or can't do there.

Confirmed. Khon Kaen office up and running full service. Extensions, re-entry permits and 90 day reporting. I extended this afternoon. Be advised. For marriage extensions 6 photos of the wedding required and a hand drawn map showing where you live.

Confirmed. Khon Kaen office up and running full service. Extensions, re-entry permits and 90 day reporting. I extended this afternoon. Be advised. For marriage extensions 6 photos of the wedding required and a hand drawn map showing where you live.

:):D I"m married, but we don't have any photoes of the wedding, we just got the papers in bkk. and the

local amphure? So then what do I do,got all the other papers!VISA EXP. 111009 ? :D:D CO.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the postadress to Khon Kaen Immigration Office?

I am living in Mahasarakham province and should have gone to Khon Kaen yesterday to make extension of my retirement visa. But I went to Mukdahan like last year. And I had no problems with the extension.

However the officers did not know the adress to Immigration in Khon Kaen. So they recommended me to send my next 90 day reporting to Mukdahan. But sooner or later I have to use Khon Kaen.

Khon Kean Immigration Office Tel. No. 043 465242

This post gave two other phone numbers for the Khon Kaen immigration office, but I guess they got many numbers:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Immigration-...72#entry3050572

Has anybody got a postal address?

On Google Maps, I have it here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...d0c80516b5536f5

--

Maestro

Popped round last week,all fully functional..

It's not very welcoming with most "business" conducted via outside facing closed windows with openings - bit like buying a railway ticket !!

Which postadress?

(I need to send 90-days reporting).

• 1 month later...

I've looked at the maps to the new office that have been posted, but I can make no sense of them. Is the Police school actually on Mittrapap or a side road? I have tried to look on the main road as driving through, but it's suicidal to take your eyes off of the road more than fleetingly.

I need to go there soon, so would much appreciate it if somebody could post directions using something easy as a reference point.

I live North of Khon Kaen, so the 1st traffic lights I hit are at the 1st turn off for the University.

Thanks

If coming from the North it's about 50-100 (or so) meters prior to getting to the light / turn to the university. It will be on your left.

Take a look at the first photo in post #4. If you pass that entrance there is a second entrance just South of it, still prior to the turn to the university.

I went to extend my tourist visa on Friday and being used to the speed of the Nong Khai office, I was not impressed.

With at least 5 people working (use that term lightly) in the office, only 1 girl was processing the extension applications.

1 man periodically checked what people were waiting for and was dealing with any 90 day reports. The rest of the time he was wandering around, yawning and stretching.

When I finally got the extension, my passport was handed to the 90 day report man, who was lounging in his chair with his hands behind his head. He was also responsible for writing receipts. Incredibly, it took him 15 minutes to write the receipt!!

It took 4 hours (3 hours plus 1 hour lunch) and I seriously doubt that everyone that was waiting after me were dealt with that day.

• 3 weeks later...
I went to extend my tourist visa on Friday and being used to the speed of the Nong Khai office, I was not impressed.

With at least 5 people working (use that term lightly) in the office, only 1 girl was processing the extension applications.

1 man periodically checked what people were waiting for and was dealing with any 90 day reports. The rest of the time he was wandering around, yawning and stretching.

When I finally got the extension, my passport was handed to the 90 day report man, who was lounging in his chair with his hands behind his head. He was also responsible for writing receipts. Incredibly, it took him 15 minutes to write the receipt!!

It took 4 hours (3 hours plus 1 hour lunch) and I seriously doubt that everyone that was waiting after me were dealt with that day.

That's why there's heavy competition for gov't jobs here. :) And don't forget the blaring TV in every gov't office, tuned to the day's entertainment....which gets strong attention from all the workers, all day long.

• 1 year later...

called today.

number changed to 043-465242

maximum 7 day extension is what they told my wife.

7 days max based on what?

If you entered on a Tourist Visa and your permision to stay is still valid you will get 30 days.

Other circumstances will get 7,60,90 or 365 days.

called today.

number changed to 043-465242

maximum 7 day extension is what they told my wife.

7 days max based on what?

If you entered on a Tourist Visa and your permision to stay is still valid you will get 30 days.

Other circumstances will get 7,60,90 or 365 days.

30 day permission to stay 7 day extension

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

will be having our Thai wedding ceremony in KK next month. Will the KK Immigration be able to convert my single entry non-imm 'B' Visa to a non-imm 'O' based on marriage. If so will that Visa be a 1 year multiple entry?

We already have the certificate to marry and are officially married through the BKK amphur.

In order to get the said Visa I will need:

Marriage papers

wife id card and tabien baan

wedding photos and map of house

copies of my passport and current non-imm visa

bank statement showing 400k+ for over 3 months ( i heard a letter also from bank, is this correct and what is actually required)

If i've missed anything or any other advice from people who are in the know or have actually done it themselves, is much appreciated.

We actually live in Phuket but i thought would be easier whilst in KK and is wife's home town, to do everything there. Besides the fact i've heard Phuket Immigration can be real awkward and like to p1ss people off when applying for visas based on marriage.

Thanks

Rickster

After you are married you cannot convert to a non-O, and you don't need to. You can simply ask for an extension of stay based on your marriage and will need to show an income of 40,000 a month OR 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand in your name for at least 2 months.

The income can come from abroad, in which case you need a letter from your embassy confirming your income.

You will also need a lot of other documents to confirm your marriage, best is to have the misses call immirgaiton before you go with her to check all documents they require. If needed you can get an extension of 60 days.

Immigration will give a 30 day extension and after approval from a commitee in Bangkok you will get the permission to stay for another 11 months. If you want to leave the country, you will need a re-entry permit.

You can only do where you live and they will be checking on that as part of the approval process so if you live in Phuket you must do there. And not all will even do a conversion so in that case you must do that in Bangkok for the 3 month visa (or obtain non immigrant visa entry from outside country travel) entry and later do extension in local immigration office. You must have letter of account balance signed by manager and addressed to immigration. You will need photos in/around home showing both of you/clothing together in closet and home number (will need to check with office for exact requirements). You also missed the wife as it will not be provided without her. And copies of everything.