Kawasaki Ninja Zx6r Coming To Thailand This Year?!

BigBikeBKK

At the last riding course I asked the Kawa guy. Expected around November, price around 500000THB. The Kawa guy thought it to be expensive, since you can get the zx10 for around 650000THB. I think the ZX6 would be a better bike for most for the circuit (that's where you should drive it!) The ZX10 is abit too much for me to go to after my KSR!

Awesome! So, someone else has also heard this news- I'm guessing from Khun Channarong? He usually seems to know what's going on. Man I hope it's true!!! 500,000 is a steal for a ZX6R in Thailand! Let the Good Times ROLL! :):D:D

Thats nearly £10,000 ukp tony, you must be minted.... :D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the last riding course I asked the Kawa guy. Expected around November, price around 500000THB. The Kawa guy thought it to be expensive, since you can get the zx10 for around 650000THB. I think the ZX6 would be a better bike for most for the circuit (that's where you should drive it!) The ZX10 is abit too much for me to go to after my KSR!

Awesome! So, someone else has also heard this news- I'm guessing from Khun Channarong? He usually seems to know what's going on. Man I hope it's true!!! 500,000 is a steal for a ZX6R in Thailand! Let the Good Times ROLL! :):D:D

If they come in at 500k then that's a bit over 9000 gbp. I think they're about 7000 in the UK so the markup would be small compared to the likes of Ducati, HD and even Yamaha. I wouldn't call it a steal but that's about as good as it gets over here at the moment for new, legal, top of the line bikes.

But that's IF they come in at 500k. I'm guessing they'll be a bit more than that but time will tell. 450 would be very nice.

Well, the Ninja ZX6R is about US$10,000 in the States which translates to about ~330,000 THB at current exchange rates so yeah- it's expensive relative to what I'd pay back home. BUT, compare it to the other 600cc supersport bikes available in Thailand and the "value" becomes apparent.

The Yamaha R6 (which the reviewers all place beneath the ZX6R) retails for 680,000 THB! :D

r6_01.jpgprice.jpg 680,000

I hear Suzuki now accepts orders for some of their Big Bikes. At the Bangkok Motor Show they provided a price list but the GSXR600 was missing...

GSX-R750-Black-Gold.png

They had the GSXR750 (pictured above) priced at 700,000 THB. Ridiculous price IMHO. (Don't forget that you can get the Kawasaki ZX10R for 650,000 THB)

Honda's still not in the game here in Thailand so the Honda CBR600 isn't really an option unless you want to import one and deal with all of that hassle and expense.

Triumph Daytona 675 is a beauty. Price: 670,000 THB

So, considering the fact that the Ninja ZX6R beat the Honda, Yammie and Suzie in the Motorcyclist review referenced earlier and is the least expensive of the four, yeah- I think 500,000 THB for the ZX6R is a great deal in Thailand.

Christmas in November! :D

Yeah, talked to K Channarong. Tomorrow at BRC he will be there too (most likely) so you can ask again.

Top money (if predictions are correct) compared to prices in UK (yes, I know kind of irrelevant), but a top bike, have a 2005 ZX6R in UK. However, I agree with some of the concerns mentioned. I would want a few extra procedures/checks in the production line before they start building it in Thailand, especially as this thing will nudge (on clock) 170mph....got mine to 160mph (on clock) safe in the fact it was bolted together with Japanese precision!

Nek. You can order a Kawasaki ZX6r complete with the 2 years warranty (where i can go to Kawasaki and get warranty repair) and 100% ok green book. Ok how much?

Ok i just found out by looking at ya profile that you are connected to TEERA motorcycles........ so i already know the answer to both is NO.

Edited by thaicbr

Nek. You can order a Kawasaki ZX6r complete with the 2 years warranty (where i can go to Kawasaki and get warranty repair) and 100% ok green book. Ok how much?

Ok i just found out by looking at ya profile that you are connected to TEERA motorcycles........ so i already know the answer to both is NO.

Allan, you where not the only one to look at his profile :)

Actually Teera claims to be able to register legally at 80k baht, and it only takes 6 months after payment is done. :D

However they claim to be able to do this on non-Calif emission bikes, so if they manage they would modify emission on day of approval. Next emissiontest at DMV (presently thats 5 years from now, but who knows when it changes) bike fails and nightmare starts.

However they claim to be able to do this on non-Calif emission bikes, so if they manage they would modify emission on day of approval. Next emissiontest at DMV (presently thats 5 years from now, but who knows when it changes) bike fails and nightmare starts.

You think they are actually going to force vehicles off the road due to emissions ??? Imagine the hwols of protest from every bus company, truck company, and somchai with thier 2 stroke dash.

Not a chance.

You think they are actually going to force vehicles off the road due to emissions ??? Imagine the hwols of protest from every bus company, truck company, and somchai with thier 2 stroke dash.

Not a chance.

2009 buses and trucks are still only on Euro 2 emission. Older than 2006 have no emission requirements. Pickups, suv and cars are today on Euro 3, 2006 and older Euro 2. These vehicles will pass until engines are worn out.

2 stroke dash has no emission requirement, too old. Today you would not get a 2-stroke legally registered in LOS. The introduction of injection on scooters is not cause of market demand, its emission.

Todays bigbikes have the worst emission requierments in the world, similar to California. Euro/japan bikes emmision dont pass. Presently there is no check on emission before vehicle is 5 years old. I believe this will change as LOS introduces Euro 4 requirements in 2012. As a result of global polution agreements they simply have to.

yes I think vehicles will be forced off the road when they dont pass emission. Vehicles in LOS older than 2006 will probably pass forever.

Well as you know we stand behind all our bikes we sell, as for the Green Book, you also know that is one tricky pony, dealing with all the new laws about import bikes is not so easy today, like in the pass. But we have gotten real Green Books for our costumers.

Best Reard

Nek

Can I ask............ what is the main difference between this Ninja and the 650R that sells at only 257,000?

Besides the looks, is there really 400,000 baht worth of difference between the 650R and the R6, Daytona and this?

Oh, only about 38 Horsepower and the fact that the ZX6R is a pure super sport track bred race bike and the EX650R is a capable all arounder dressed up to look like a supersport... Massive price difference is due to the fact that the ZX6R will be imported from Japan while the 650R is made here in Thailand. Not sure where you get the 400,000 price difference unless perhaps you're comparing with Yamaha and Triumph... Rumored price of ~500,000 for the ZX6R - 257,000 for the EX650R = 243,000 Baht difference... Without a doubt the Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R will be the cheapest (or should I say least expensive? :) ) 600cc supersport in Thailand.

Let the Good Times Roll!

Okay, so there is a big performance difference. Still though, nearly double the money (if the rumours are correct).

Yup- First 'cuz the Ninja ZX6R is more expensive than the EX650 to begin with, and second and more significant, because the ZX6R is IMPORTED while the EX650 is made in Thailand. The EX650 (ER6n and Ninja 650R) is fantastic value for money in Thailand. But if you've got deep pockets and are looking for a 600cc track bike, the ZX6R is hard to beat!

Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX-6R_2009_01_320x480.jpg

2009_ZX-6R_web.jpg

Let the Good Times Roll!

• 3 weeks later...

Was at Kawasaki Rama 9 today and they confirmed that the Ninja ZX6R should arrive this month. Price still unknown, but confirmed that it WILL be restricted to pass Thai emissions... :)

Spoke with Khun Channarong and he said that to make it (and the Ninja ZX10R) full power would require a new ECU (~+10,000 Baht), new Throttle Bodies (price unknown...), and of course an aftermarket exhaust (~30,000 Baht or more).

I'll have to wait and see what the actual price of the bike is and then decide if it's worth it.

Otherwise I may consider the Triumph Daytona 675- that is one SEXY bike! 130.gif

2009-triumph-daytona-675-11.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thanks for the update - it's a real shame they're restricting it but I'm guessing the stock exhaust could be derestricted fairly cheaply if you know a good mechanic.

That still leaves the ECU and throttle though - not sure it's worth the hassle as it's sure to void the warranty and it would have to be priced substantially lower than the ZX10R to be worth considering.

Question: just where do you all your “scratching and popping” and “yer, I was nailing it, sweeeeet?, I tell you where, dribbling up and down, up and down, up and down Pattaya sea front that’s where, or parked outside some bar beer trying to impress with your sweeeeeet ride! You know who you are!!!

Owning a fast road bike in Thailand is like getting a new pushbike for Christmas, and being told by your Dad you can’t go out and ride till Boxing Day... problem is every day is Christmas day in Thailand.

Guys! There an’t anywhere to “twist it” this is Thailand, not north Wales. If you were Fast bike riders you would know that! I would bet your idea of jetting it is putting a nosy can on it.

Every fast bike I’ve seen in Thailand is mostly parked outside some bar with a nasty case of shaving rash on a square rear tyres, (look it up, as I’d bet you don’t understand what I’m talking about)

I’ve seen the fast bike riding in scene in Thailand.....Ha ha. I was behind some buffoon on a nice Hayabusa, shorts, no helmet turning a slow corner with his leg out, (motocross style) way to go!

I will leave you with this to mull over: next time your posing on your “thug” that bloke looking at you maybe a proper fast bike rider and he’s thinking “what a numnuts” If you just want to pose, well OK, knock your self’s out, but please.... no more talk of “stopping power” bhp and thrashing, my sides hurt too much!!!!

So what do you think?

Question: just where do you all your “scratching and popping” and “yer, I was nailing it, sweeeeet?, I tell you where, dribbling up and down, up and down, up and down Pattaya sea front that’s where, or parked outside some bar beer trying to impress with your sweeeeeet ride! You know who you are!!!

Owning a fast road bike in Thailand is like getting a new pushbike for Christmas, and being told by your Dad you can’t go out and ride till Boxing Day... problem is every day is Christmas day in Thailand.

Guys! There an’t anywhere to “twist it” this is Thailand, not north Wales. If you were Fast bike riders you would know that! I would bet your idea of jetting it is putting a nosy can on it.

Every fast bike I’ve seen in Thailand is mostly parked outside some bar with a nasty case of shaving rash on a square rear tyres, (look it up, as I’d bet you don’t understand what I’m talking about)

I’ve seen the fast bike riding in scene in Thailand.....Ha ha. I was behind some buffoon on a nice Hayabusa, shorts, no helmet turning a slow corner with his leg out, (motocross style) way to go!

I will leave you with this to mull over: next time your posing on your “thug” that bloke looking at you maybe a proper fast bike rider and he’s thinking “what a numnuts” If you just want to pose, well OK, knock your self’s out, but please.... no more talk of “stopping power” bhp and thrashing, my sides hurt too much!!!!

So what do you think?

You need to groove your little ass on up to Mae Sot and the north of Thailand my friend, because thailand has more twisties than you think :)

Here:

And here:

Also here:

http://www.ontheroadthailand.com/ChiangMai...MaeSaValley.htm

There's even a few on the edge of Isaan along the border with Laos but I've not explored there yet...

But I agree in some ways, I've seen the squid crew brigade go past me a few times on lime green ninja machines thinking they are all that in the urban areas.

But put them on a long-range tour hauling ass on unforgiving highways and they'll be pulled over panting like dogs with heatstroke and road-fatigue. :D

Edited by JimsKnight

Question: just where do you all your "scratching and popping" and "yer, I was nailing it, sweeeeet?, I tell you where, dribbling up and down, up and down, up and down Pattaya sea front that's where, or parked outside some bar beer trying to impress with your sweeeeeet ride! You know who you are!!!

Owning a fast road bike in Thailand is like getting a new pushbike for Christmas, and being told by your Dad you can't go out and ride till Boxing Day... problem is every day is Christmas day in Thailand.

Guys! There an't anywhere to "twist it" this is Thailand, not north Wales. If you were Fast bike riders you would know that! I would bet your idea of jetting it is putting a nosy can on it.

Every fast bike I've seen in Thailand is mostly parked outside some bar with a nasty case of shaving rash on a square rear tyres, (look it up, as I'd bet you don't understand what I'm talking about)

I've seen the fast bike riding in scene in Thailand.....Ha ha. I was behind some buffoon on a nice Hayabusa, shorts, no helmet turning a slow corner with his leg out, (motocross style) way to go!

I will leave you with this to mull over: next time your posing on your "thug" that bloke looking at you maybe a proper fast bike rider and he's thinking "what a numnuts" If you just want to pose, well OK, knock your self's out, but please.... no more talk of "stopping power" bhp and thrashing, my sides hurt too much!!!!

So what do you think?

YEP so true, i`ve seen them too.....btw i take my squares off by doing angled burn outs....

If the ZX10R is restricted to 120bhp. Then I would consider the ZX10R instead of the ZX6R. And treat the ZX10R as a ZX6R. Catch my drift? LOL

ECU are expensive.

Throttle bodies more so. (But can get then on Ebay)

Exhaust well who keeps the standard system anyway??

Anyhooter I won't be buying from them. Inflated price for an inferior product. No thanks.

Was at Kawasaki Rama 9 today and they confirmed that the Ninja ZX6R should arrive this month. Price still unknown, but confirmed that it WILL be restricted to pass Thai emissions... :D

Spoke with Khun Channarong and he said that to make it (and the Ninja ZX10R) full power would require a new ECU (~+10,000 Baht), new Throttle Bodies (price unknown...), and of course an aftermarket exhaust (~30,000 Baht or more).

I'll have to wait and see what the actual price of the bike is and then decide if it's worth it.

Otherwise I may consider the Triumph Daytona 675- that is one SEXY bike! 130.gif

You sure that's unrestricted? It seems like all bike manufacturers would face the same problems with Thai emissions standards.... they don't seem to be particularly compatible with super sports bikes.

At the same time, imported Kawasakis will have to compete with all other imported bikes, so anything goes. With the "similar bike, half price" advantage gone, other brands suddenly look much more interesting :)

I talked to the president of Kawasaki Thailand last night, at the grand opening of the big bike showroom in Chiang Mai. Nice guy. I asked him about the plans for the ZX-6R. He said:

1) It's on the way.

2) It is going through a homologation process to meet Thai emissions requirements.

3) More likely will arrive next year, not this year.

4) Can't discuss pricing, but it will be cheap/reasonable.

Anyway, that's straight from the horse's mouth. Cheers!

Question: just where do you all your "scratching and popping" and "yer, I was nailing it, sweeeeet?, I tell you where, dribbling up and down, up and down, up and down Pattaya sea front that's where, or parked outside some bar beer trying to impress with your sweeeeeet ride! You know who you are!!!

Owning a fast road bike in Thailand is like getting a new pushbike for Christmas, and being told by your Dad you can't go out and ride till Boxing Day... problem is every day is Christmas day in Thailand.

Guys! There an't anywhere to "twist it" this is Thailand, not north Wales. If you were Fast bike riders you would know that! I would bet your idea of jetting it is putting a nosy can on it.

Every fast bike I've seen in Thailand is mostly parked outside some bar with a nasty case of shaving rash on a square rear tyres, (look it up, as I'd bet you don't understand what I'm talking about)

I've seen the fast bike riding in scene in Thailand.....Ha ha. I was behind some buffoon on a nice Hayabusa, shorts, no helmet turning a slow corner with his leg out, (motocross style) way to go!

I will leave you with this to mull over: next time your posing on your "thug" that bloke looking at you maybe a proper fast bike rider and he's thinking "what a numnuts" If you just want to pose, well OK, knock your self's out, but please.... no more talk of "stopping power" bhp and thrashing, my sides hurt too much!!!!

So what do you think?

Your tag says don't call you a liar, so I won't. Ignorant maybe. Troll, likely. Sooo many fantastic roads in Thailand. You just need to get out of the cities and tourist areas.

I will agree with you about the small dick crew that cruises the beach roads in flip flops, helmetless, on their rented R1's that they are paying 2200 baht a day for, revving the engines, doing burnouts to the delight of the bar girls so no one can speak until they have passed. But those aren't the people you find in theis forum. They seem to always be chubby olive complected Greeks or Italians. Full of "machismo". You know, the same ones that rent those oversized Yamaha Skywave's and TMAX's, then drive them like they are R1's.

Edited by Scubabuddha

So what do you think?

Your tag says don't call you a liar, so I won't. Ignorant maybe. Troll, likely. Sooo many fantastic roads in Thailand. You just need to get out of the cities and tourist areas.

I will agree with you about the small dick crew that cruises the beach roads in flip flops, helmetless, on their rented R1's that they are paying 2200 baht a day for, revving the engines, doing burnouts to the delight of the bar girls so no one can speak until they have passed. But those aren't the people you find in theis forum. They seem to always be chubby olive complected Greeks or Italians. Full of "machismo". You know, the same ones that rent those oversized Yamaha Skywave's and TMAX's, then drive them like they are R1's.

What's so strange is that this troll says he lives in Chiang Mai, which is blessed with some of the most awesome roads in all of SE Asia, certainly very suitable for big bikes.

1122Road1Sm.jpg

From his rant you'd think he lives in Pattaya which indeed IS indeed full of numb-nut tourists trying to kill themselves on big bikes... :) (No offense to the real bikers who call Pattaya home)

Sounds like he needs to get our more (or better yet, leave the real roads to the real bikers) :D:D:D

No place to "twist it"? Better tell that to all the guys at BIRA, Nakhon Chaisiri and Kaeng Krachan... :D

MCTrackdays1.JPG

No square tire riders in our little group-

0822SSRBikes1SSR.jpg

Ride On!