Kawasaki Ninja Zx6r Coming To Thailand This Year?!

BigBikeBKK

the last bike I had before moving to Thailand was an Apilia Touono (trying to charm thing down, Ha ha, I <deleted>*ked that up) Mapped, chipped and full flow Akrapovac system, this thing would pull wheelies off the gas, no clutch, in 5th, my first twin….. Arrrrr!

Ah, yes, another one of the many "used to have"" brigade that we seem to come across in Thailand, yer full of it mate. Let people enjoy their bikes and ride them the way they want to be it fast or slow, it's pretty much up to them I reckon, you must be a real bore to be around, yawn... :)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree for the crappy klx!!,one of my rides ,addlist i do not pretend anything me...

Have bikes to rent if you'd like,flip flop and thai nicest roads guides included as well "Toronto ".

Come on show us how U show off,send pics of yourself ...How we'll reconize you @ BAng saen this W-E ?Do you'll have your shampink tricycle and pretty dress ?

BTW don't kinniioo i'm fed up of this red Bikini,could u bought her differents colors?!

mort de rire

It’s a shame really, apart from the klx being so gutless, it’s not a bad little bike, and the price looks spot on. Is it true it comes with a vacuum carb? As for the Photos, I have a few, and sure, I will post, but! (Here we go!) Moving to Thailand nearly 4 years ago, and not been home since, bringing photos out here was not a priority. I have tried to post a few in the classified adds to sell my KX, it will not load. But will give it a go! Bikini!!!!! Let it ride. laters

Any chance we could get the thread back on topic?

I keep thinking there’s an update on the ZX6R and all I get is more and more semiliterate nonsense from this tool Tonto. If he was even slightly amusing it might be worth letting it run it's course, but…

Agree for the crappy klx!!,one of my rides ,addlist i do not pretend anything me...

Have bikes to rent if you'd like,flip flop and thai nicest roads guides included as well "Toronto ".

Come on show us how U show off,send pics of yourself ...How we'll reconize you @ BAng saen this W-E ?Do you'll have your shampink tricycle and pretty dress ?

BTW don't kinniioo i'm fed up of this red Bikini,could u bought her differents colors?!

mort de rire

First one is an Armstrong 500, back in the day around 87... tea time, They say it's, "how you ride, not what you ride" In the main I think this is true...... But! not with this thing. sack of poooooh!

The other 2, ZX7R, I did lot of work to this bike, did the bodywork and painting myself, had to use bodyfiller to form the undertry to the single seat. everyone says the 7 was lardy, and it was, but front end was solid, it never stepped out once.

Last one Gas Gas 300/2, taken at a "fast Eddy" Enduro 06.

Sorry no more road bike photos with me in Thailand, got more dirt bikes.

Army_Days_2.bmpZX7_1.bmpZX7_2.bmpGas_Gaa_300.bmp

the last bike I had before moving to Thailand was an Apilia Touono (trying to charm thing down, Ha ha, I <deleted>*ked that up) Mapped, chipped and full flow Akrapovac system, this thing would pull wheelies off the gas, no clutch, in 5th, my first twin….. Arrrrr!

Ah, yes, another one of the many "used to have"" brigade that we seem to come across in Thailand, yer full of it mate. Let people enjoy their bikes and ride them the way they want to be it fast or slow, it's pretty much up to them I reckon, you must be a real bore to be around, yawn... :D

Is that you Granddad?? What have I told you about interrupting me on Thaivisa?.........A! If your not Granddad… sorry about that! Where you been? We started abusing each other (verbally) a life time ago. Well most of us, “KIFKIF” likes the idea of me in a too too, and “Neverdie” well he called me a rude word, and he’s an x public schoolboy! (I want to believe he had both hand on the keyboard when he….. Just read all the post.

Right, So, better late than never. Ok, let’s have a look at what you put, “Used to have.. yarda yarda yar…….”fast or slow”…yarda yarda yar….”a real bore to be around”……..Ooooo your good! Real good I’m filling up! Get with the program, bkkbonehead, if you had read my post from the start, p3, then follow my posts…. I’m sure you can come up with a bit more acid and wit than this drivel. but try and reply this side of Crimbo OK! You know, we were all just starting to get along. I think you’ve set this group back months…Ha ha

I think you'd be perfect to lead the Blue Oyster boys on a ride up into the mountains. You've sure got the spunk in you for it :)

Here's the gang in action...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfAK0YIZhzw

Any chance we could get the thread back on topic?

I keep thinking there's an update on the ZX6R and all I get is more and more semiliterate nonsense from this tool Tonto. If he was even slightly amusing it might be worth letting it run it's course, but…

Best idea yet. Chaps tonto is a tool, please ignore.

^Well thats what I was chasing back in Oz, a late model z1000, but good ones are as rare as hens teeth and the only good one I saw was way too overpriced. Then I got the CBR and whilst I dont mind having another sports type bike back there, theres no way I wanna ride around LOS with my head down backside up, I'd rather be seated more upright like on the 650r or the Z1000.

By the looks of it that new Z with nearly 140hp knows how to mumbo. :)

Pah, why not just get the ZX-10R if you want to go liter? :)

Chiang Mai Bike Week banners have just gone up at Sirinart Place next to my house... wonder whether there will be any news about the ZX-6R...?

Personally I have no interest in a liter bike. More power than I could ever reasonably use in Thailand. 600cc is the sweet spot for me :D

Pah, why not just get the ZX-10R if you want to go liter? :D

Chiang Mai Bike Week banners have just gone up at Sirinart Place next to my house... wonder whether there will be any news about the ZX-6R...?

Personally I have no interest in a liter bike. More power than I could ever reasonably use in Thailand. 600cc is the sweet spot for me :D

^Most people would probably have enuf trouble extracting full usage out of a 600 sports bike here in LOS and its certainly more than too much for the roads and fellow drivers here. :)

Pah, why not just get the ZX-10R if you want to go liter? :)

Agreed - still maybe a bit too much power but pretty close to perfect for LOS.

Given the price difference between the zx10r and the zx6r elsewhere in the world, and the fact that every year the import duty on bikes from Japan reduces by x% due to some trade agreement, I'm starting to think that sub 500k is possible given that the zx10r came in at 650k last year.

I wish they'd just hurry up and announce the price though, they must have decided by now surely...

In reality, a 600cc bike is pretty much all you need (which is probably why the 600cc class is the best selling sportbike class in the USA). The 600cc is hella fast as is. The literbike is just overkill. :) With a literbike there is just so much power on tap that the chore is trying to keep the beastie under control. Quite easy to do an 'accidental wheelie' when all you want to do is stop by the 7-11 for a pack of smokes.

Having ridden both. 600CC & 1000CC.

For Bangkok, a liter bike is easier & better. Thanks to the better torque it produces at midrange.

600cc have poor torque. Twist throttle in traffic and it dogs. Also you will be up & down the gearbox contantly hunting or trying to keep in the meat of the power range. Liter bike just leave it in a gear ride like an auto and allow the torque to take the strain out of town riding.

On the highway 600 are buzzy, need to overtake? drop 2 gears and overtake. Liter bikes are relaxed, overtake, just twist throttle and offending vehicle is now in the past.

The list goes on and on.

I used to think, yeah man! 600 is better, suitable or enough.

Liter bke is better, easier, less stressful and easily enough bike for any given situation here in Thailand.

remember it you the rider is what make the bike in a given situation. The bike will not think for you!!

I can take a Triumph 675 and ride faster than the knob on a liter bike going thru the twisties. Only because I can make the bike do so. I can ride 2 up on a Tiger and overtake the knob on a snarling CBR1000RR in the twisties. It the rider, not the bike.

Having ridden both. 600CC & 1000CC.

For Bangkok, a liter bike is easier & better. Thanks to the better torque it produces at midrange.

600cc have poor torque. Twist throttle in traffic and it dogs. Also you will be up & down the gearbox contantly hunting or trying to keep in the meat of the power range. Liter bike just leave it in a gear ride like an auto and allow the torque to take the strain out of town riding.

On the highway 600 are buzzy, need to overtake? drop 2 gears and overtake. Liter bikes are relaxed, overtake, just twist throttle and offending vehicle is now in the past.

The list goes on and on.

I used to think, yeah man! 600 is better, suitable or enough.

Liter bke is better, easier, less stressful and easily enough bike for any given situation here in Thailand.

remember it you the rider is what make the bike in a given situation. The bike will not think for you!!

I can take a Triumph 675 and ride faster than the knob on a liter bike going thru the twisties. Only because I can make the bike do so. I can ride 2 up on a Tiger and overtake the knob on a snarling CBR1000RR in the twisties. It the rider, not the bike.

hmmm

riding less than 120 kmh in bkk, town or around Phuket, i prefere yammy Tmax 500 auto. Always in the ideal powerband, light weight and excellent brakes. handles well. easy to put your feet down whenever full stop.

Its more fun with Ninja 650, but also much more demanding. Always have to keep it within 7-11k rpm to have any power available, drop 2 or 3 gears frequently. Weight I would guess similar to tmax, brakes even better. enjoy upright seatingposition, but not as easy putting feet down when full stop.

For tourque and power my 1800 cc v-twin was unbeliavable. but far too heavy, almost double the weight of Ninja 650, poor handling ( close to no handling), and almost 3 times the fuel of Ninja 650 and Tmax

i guess I ll have a look at the Z1000 if they start making it here.

Anyway I really hope that the rumors of the Kawasaki ZX-6R coming to Thailand are correct. Also the picture in earlier postings are incorrect... The color and fairing should look like this for 2010.

The-new-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R_Revving-it_1.jpegThe-new-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R_Revving-it_2.jpeg

That's what I saw at the local Kwaka dealer on Saturday morning. The guy had just washed it and it was running. I said to him "To bloody quiet mate!".

He then went on to show me the special valves that are in the mufflers that open at higher revs. Apparently the system is worth a few extra kilowatts and the bike will pass the stationary and driveby EPA tests.

Anyway I really hope that the rumors of the Kawasaki ZX-6R coming to Thailand are correct. Also the picture in earlier postings are incorrect... The color and fairing should look like this for 2010.

The-new-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R_Revving-it_1.jpegThe-new-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R_Revving-it_2.jpeg

ninja150.jpg

Are you sure that that is a ZXR and not just a Kwacker KRR 150 that someone made by carving soap into fairings? :)