Kawasaki Ninja Zx6r Coming To Thailand This Year?!

BigBikeBKK

Not what I was hoping to hear, meaning the 4 won't be made in Thailand! This will make it a lot more expensive.

What happened to all that talk about Kawasaki shifting more production to Thailand?

Not that this would be a bike for me.

Chris

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They (2010 ZX6R) certainly look the part but I was a little bit surprised to see that the current model ZX6R is claimed by the manufacturer to produce 108hp and it weighs in dry at 167kg. Just looking at those two items alone isnt far different from the specs on my 04 CBR, which by the way were too much different to the specs of my much earlier model ZX6R & back a bit further ZZR600 (which from memory were claimed to produced 100hp, although were a bit shy of it and somewhat heavier, approx 190kg? - OK, maybe going back that far is stretching my point a tad).

Anyway, its hard to ride litre bikes and then come back to 600's and say <deleted>'s the mid range......its even harder to come back here after buring around some sensational roads on the CBR and jump on my raider again & go woooohoooo 20hp & skinny tyres :) & say to myself <deleted> :D .

Its great to see some more bikes coming to LOS, hopefully the prices will also be pleasant. :D

^After posting that above I read another test ride on the 09 ZX6R which claimed it had 115hp at the back wheel......how many specs of this bike are floating around, whats the thai spec going to be? I was reading MCN, which I normally dont do :) .

Whats the deal?

Engine wise 115bhp at the back wheel makes it the most powerful standard 600 we have ever tested.

• 2 weeks later...

All i have to say is that if they do make the ZX6R here, the price better be 350k baht, since that is what it is in the states and the UK.

Hey, a guy can dream can't he!?

Here is a qoute from bikechatforums. Source unknown. I hadn't seen this before. I bit more detail but a bit more speculation as well.

Kawasaki To Move Large-displacement Motorcycle Production To Thailand

Kawasaki to move 650cc-and-larger motorcycle production to Thailand to help cut costs—other manufacturers probably will follow

According to a report in Japan’s Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper, Kawasaki plans to begin moving production of its large-displacement motorcycles from the company’s main Akashi Works factory in Japan to its existing facilities in Thailand next year in order to cut production costs. The motorcycle manufacturers have been suffering heavy losses due to sluggish sales in the current sagging economy, forcing them to look for various methods to cut costs, and moving production facilities to countries with lower labor and operating costs is a common step.

Kawasaki—like most of the other Japanese manufacturers—already operates a production plant for small and midsize motorcycles in Thailand that are made for the Southeast Asian markets. According to the report, Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. (KHI) produced about 150,000 motorcycles at the Akashi Works factory, and approximately 110,000 motorcycles at its current Thailand plant during the fiscal year 2008; in the current fiscal year, KHI plans to reduce output of the Akashi factory to about 100,000 units as demand in the main markets for larger motorcycles—Japan, Europe, and the U.S.—are unlikely to rebound in the near future (the production at the Thailand facility will remain the same). In fiscal 2010, KHI plans to begin producing motorcycles larger than 650cc and increase output of mid-size bikes in Thailand. The Akashi factory in Japan will continue to manufacture some high-end large-displacement models (presumably sportbikes and some other large street models that require more difficult assembly techniques due to their complexity), although production numbers overall will be sharply cut in the future. Sources for the report also state that the company aims to additionally slash production costs by using Thai-manufactured parts for some of its high-end models.

Kawasaki will become the first major manufacturer to make this move, although Honda is reportedly considering a similar shift of large-size motorcycle production to its own Thailand factory. Given the current economic environment—nearly all the manufacturers fell into the red with regard to operational profits in fiscal 2008, and the same or worse can be expected for 2009—plus the slow pace of any rebound, this trend will likely continue to gather momentum with other manufacturers, according to sources in the report.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Question: just where do you all your "scratching and popping" and "yer, I was nailing it, sweeeeet?, I tell you where, dribbling up and down, up and down, up and down Pattaya sea front that's where, or parked outside some bar beer trying to impress with your sweeeeeet ride! You know who you are!!!

Owning a fast road bike in Thailand is like getting a new pushbike for Christmas, and being told by your Dad you can't go out and ride till Boxing Day... problem is every day is Christmas day in Thailand.

Guys! There an't anywhere to "twist it" this is Thailand, not north Wales. If you were Fast bike riders you would know that! I would bet your idea of jetting it is putting a nosy can on it.

Every fast bike I've seen in Thailand is mostly parked outside some bar with a nasty case of shaving rash on a square rear tyres, (look it up, as I'd bet you don't understand what I'm talking about)

I've seen the fast bike riding in scene in Thailand.....Ha ha. I was behind some buffoon on a nice Hayabusa, shorts, no helmet turning a slow corner with his leg out, (motocross style) way to go!

I will leave you with this to mull over: next time your posing on your "thug" that bloke looking at you maybe a proper fast bike rider and he's thinking "what a numnuts" If you just want to pose, well OK, knock your self's out, but please.... no more talk of "stopping power" bhp and thrashing, my sides hurt too much!!!!

So what do you think?

Your tag says don't call you a liar, so I won't. Ignorant maybe. Troll, likely. Sooo many fantastic roads in Thailand. You just need to get out of the cities and tourist areas.

I will agree with you about the small dick crew that cruises the beach roads in flip flops, helmetless, on their rented R1's that they are paying 2200 baht a day for, revving the engines, doing burnouts to the delight of the bar girls so no one can speak until they have passed. But those aren't the people you find in theis forum. They seem to always be chubby olive complected Greeks or Italians. Full of "machismo". You know, the same ones that rent those oversized Yamaha Skywave's and TMAX's, then drive them like they are R1's.

What's so strange is that this troll says he lives in Chiang Mai, which is blessed with some of the most awesome roads in all of SE Asia, certainly very suitable for big bikes.

1122Road1Sm.jpg

From his rant you'd think he lives in Pattaya which indeed IS indeed full of numb-nut tourists trying to kill themselves on big bikes... :) (No offense to the real bikers who call Pattaya home)

Sounds like he needs to get our more (or better yet, leave the real roads to the real bikers) :D:D:D

No place to "twist it"? Better tell that to all the guys at BIRA, Nakhon Chaisiri and Kaeng Krachan... :D

MCTrackdays1.JPG

No square tire riders in our little group-

0822SSRBikes1SSR.jpg

Ride On!

About time!!!!! Nice Photos, an empty road, a photo of someone else riding, cool photo! Please note, not a rider from the “I am a biker… I am, and I’ll scream till I’m sick if you don’t believe me” and….. Are them there bikes parked outside the “Blue Oyster bar” no square tires on them, they need to be rolling, Ha ha.

OK, don’t get your panties in a bunch, fair enough; the post was aimed at the Pattaya Muppets, (Respec!! To all da real bikes ha ha) So, yes, there are some good roads up north, but be honest, if you have been a fast bike rider in Europe, (maybe you have, I don’t know) and I mean rider, not someone who just owned a sports bike, you know by just looking at the roads and driving standards here you can’t just read a corner and tip it in, your just as likely to come back out as a hood ornament on a pick-up, yes you can ride quick here…. But not fast, so what happens, you end up squirting down the straits and locking up for the blind bend till you can clock the exit, no fun in that, riding should flow like water!

It maybe that your idea of speed and riding fast differs from mine.

So, come on then post some photos of your knee sliders, or some corner shots.

It was good to read you reply mate, look forward to the next!!!

The Troll

It's almost the end of Nov. When is it coming? :)

The problem is that Kawasaki Thailand introduces new motorcycles often in November, but when they get available can take some time. For example back in 2007 I announced that the Kawasaki Ninja 250R was coming to Thailand, I even joined a launch party, but it eventually came near 5 months later on the market.

post-12170-1259117203_thumb.jpg

The Troll

Excellent an invite to post cornering pics!

post-71324-1259117476_thumb.jpg

post-71324-1259117546_thumb.jpg

I wouldnt entertain him, he's obviously too prescious for this thread. He should of signed his post more appropriately, 'The Masturbator' . :D

Nice pics travelmate. :)

It's almost the end of Nov. When is it coming? :D

The problem is that Kawasaki Thailand introduces new motorcycles often in November, but when they get available can take some time. For example back in 2007 I announced that the Kawasaki Ninja 250R was coming to Thailand, I even joined a launch party, but it eventually came near 5 months later on the market.

Hmmm, yet subsequent models have mostly been on time, contrary to what you'd have us believe... Remember how completely wrong you were about the ER6n?

" to_post_off.gif 2008-12-18 00:09:56

av-12170.jpg

pip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gifpip.gif

Group: Advanced Members

Member No.: 12,170

spacer.gif

Sorry people,

Currently I believe that somebody in Kawasaki has revised its ideas about the motorcycle market in Thailand, Kawasaki will not introduce any larger models at this point, next revue is up in 6 months. "

Regarding the ZX6R- Kawasaki has not made any official announcement about it's release date in Thailand, only that it's coming. Understand they are going through the homogenization (sp?) process now. It'll get here when it gets here. The sooner the better! :)

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Yes indeed I was apparently wrong, but still that doesn't changes that Kawasaki announces most of there new motorcycles in November. To get back to the Kawasaki ER6N, when where the rumors about the ER6N started to circulate? Was it November?

Also Kawasaki is not the company what always does what it says, on 18 December 2008 I was told that Kawasaki was reevaluating its decision to introduce the ER6N on the Thai market. English is, as indicated several times, not my first language. And therefore, back in December 2008, I should have used the word “The rumor is that” instead of “Currently I believe”...

December 2008 / January 2009 where times for Kawasaki, they made several decisions nobody would ever imagined a few months earlier.

For everybody who was annoyed by my posting on 18 December 2008, regarding the introduction / availability of the Kawasaki ER6N, my apologies....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Yes indeed I was apparently wrong, but still that doesn't changes that Kawasaki announces most of there new motorcycles in November. To get back to the Kawasaki ER6N, when where the rumors about the ER6N started to circulate? Was it November?

Also Kawasaki is not the company what always does what it says, on 18 December 2008 I was told that Kawasaki was reevaluating its decision to introduce the ER6N on the Thai market. English is, as indicated several times, not my first language. And therefore, back in December 2008, I should have used the word “The rumor is that” instead of “Currently I believe”...

December 2008 / January 2009 where times for Kawasaki, they made several decisions nobody would ever imagined a few months earlier.

For everybody who was annoyed by my posting on 18 December 2008, regarding the introduction / availability of the Kawasaki ER6N, my apologies....

Its not that easy to launch new bikes or cars in LOS, even if the manufactorer is involved with BOI. They all struggle with emission and government officials need for tea money.

Since Kwaker sell their bikes through a large dealer network, its crucial to have each model centrally approved by government before launching them. Taxes, emission, easy greenbook etc

Edited by katabeachbum

The Troll

Yer! Nice photos…. Nice bike… But you’re missing the point! The photo is taken at a track day, am I right, not out on the road? Look I’m not saying there are no Fast riders in Thailand, I did say, “You know who you are” meaning the many plastic bikers here. I still say you, (as in Bike riders) can’t ride a bike anywhere in Thailand like say, N Wales or the S France, can you? I don’t think so. Good luck out there Travelmate!

The Troll or should that be Masterbator????

^ Naaa, thats not a track day, we just had tyres dropped at the bottom of my soi because travelmate kept sliding thru there all the time due to the massive lean angles he is acheiving. Thats just a group of us one afternoon racing down to get beer and som tum from the local. :D PS: You can't actually see me in any of the shots, I'm too fast :)

The Troll

I wouldnt entertain him, he's obviously too prescious for this thread. He should of signed his post more appropriately, 'The Masturbator' . :D

Nice pics travelmate. :)

A! Neverdie, you perv, I would bet you’re an x public school boy, a! Come on admit it, Ha ha.

I must admit I find it a little disturbing that you think about me like that….. Arrrrr well! What ever floats your boat?

Neverdie!!! You be carful out there, them new Honda Waves will be even faster next year, but you can fit a nice basket on the front for you hand bag. Please get back to me soon, “The Masturbator “Classic!

Actually, I will have you know that I was from one of Sydneys best private schools, until I was expelled for blowing up a teachers bicycle :D .....then they had trouble housing me for a few years :D

I was thinking about down trading from the current model honda click to something with a bit less power, perhaps a wave 100......not sure I could handle the tricky 4 speed gearbox thingy tho :)

Actually, I will have you know that I was from one of Sydneys best private schools, until I was expelled for blowing up a teachers bicycle :D .....then they had trouble housing me for a few years :D

I was thinking about down trading from the current model honda click to something with a bit less power, perhaps a wave 100......not sure I could handle the tricky 4 speed gearbox thingy tho :)

Ha ha! Nice one, and I know what you mean about the gearbox thing! but trust me, don't go for the 100, the basket on the front is crap, every time you lanch into a stoppy, all your shopping upchuck on the road.

^ Naaa, thats not a track day, we just had tyres dropped at the bottom of my soi because travelmate kept sliding thru there all the time due to the massive lean angles he is acheiving. Thats just a group of us one afternoon racing down to get beer and som tum from the local. :D PS: You can't actually see me in any of the shots, I'm too fast :)

Neverdie, I would love to believe you. About the beer, sure no doubt, as for not a track!!!! You have to give me the post code, the only place I've heard that lines there roads with old tires is hog heaven. As for you being too fast, I really want to believe that. Laters

All jokes aside Tonto, what makes you think that only fast bikers come from Europe?

OK! Maybe I hit a nerve I wasn’t aiming at, or trying for, maybe even been misunderstood. I have respect for bikers of all nationalities; (Is there such a thing as a bike racist, ha ha) I was not aiming my post at non-European riders, I used North Wales and the South of France as examples, there are more, but they were two areas I have ridden, have lead, and followed riders better than me, fact is there are lot and lots of non-European who would kick my ass….I didn’t ride to be first, I just rode for the buzz! The problem with me is I ride like my life depends on it, I was a <deleted>! Ha ha! Simple as that, the last bike I had before moving to Thailand was an Apilia Touono (trying to charm thing down, Ha ha, I <deleted>*ked that up) Mapped, chipped and full flow Akrapovac system, this thing would pull wheelies off the gas, no clutch, in 5th, my first twin….. Arrrrr! If you ride a twin you know if not, just try one! Sorry went off track there! Bottom line: If you’re a biker, or even a bloke who wants to be a biker, or your even from Oz, Only joking!!!!!!!! Game on! The who post was really aimed at two things, 1, the tossers who wobble back and forward to the bar for a pose each day, Sorry I don’t know why, but these maggots wind me up and 2, I was just trying to get some honesty about the roads and standard of driving in Thailand, and how that effects the way you would ride in Thailand……. Quick….. Not fast! As for European, non European, only one thing pisses me off…….non Europeans don’t have to ride in 6” of water every were they go. Laters

Fair enuf. Peace anyway, Ohh and don't worry about the Ozzie remark, I get gits from Europe, Asia and yanks caught up amougst my wheels all the time, especially when I blast past them on my scooooter. :)

I think it was the Ozzies that invented motorcycles, if not, it was surely them who perfected the riding of the machines. Thank god for the Italians and the Japs for producing such wonderful machines to ride.

Fair enuf. Peace anyway, Ohh and don't worry about the Ozzie remark, I get gits from Europe, Asia and yanks caught up amougst my wheels all the time, especially when I blast past them on my scooooter. :)

I think it was the Ozzies that invented motorcycles, if not, it was surely them who perfected the riding of the machines. Thank god for the Italians and the Japs for producing such wonderful machines to ride.

Ha ha, I will keep an eye open for a wheeling, Scooter riding cork hanging Arai helmeted rider! As for the invention of the bike!! I heard it was the wheel! But one thing we agree on Jap bikes, the Italians….. Shit electrics for a time, but sorted now! My favorite looker the MV F4 Woof, Woof!!! Laters

TORONTO #1

Just a quick one "KIFKIF" is that your bike in your profile photo???? Well, I own a Kawa, a KX250, muts nuts! go's like shit off a shovel, road or dirt. How long have you had that bike??

You have some balls, I'll give you that, you ride that and try and score points off me! You cheeky git! Let me help you out...... Heads up for you mate! they do lots of after market bit for that model, apart from the stabilizers they do a set of peddles for it, so you can keep up with the Waves, don’t go out in the dirt if it rains, you’ll stick solid. Ha ha, best laugh tonight!

Agree for the crappy klx!!,one of my rides ,addlist i do not pretend anything me...

Have bikes to rent if you'd like,flip flop and thai nicest roads guides included as well "Toronto ".

Come on show us how U show off,send pics of yourself ...How we'll reconize you @ BAng saen this W-E ?Do you'll have your shampink tricycle and pretty dress ?

BTW don't kinniioo i'm fed up of this red Bikini,could u bought her differents colors?!

mort de rire

post-76092-1259204112_thumb.jpg

Duh. TV's always good for a laugh.