" Floating Gold" Washing Up On Phuket Beach

george

It says in Australia we can't sell it because it's a whale product. Like hel_l I'd be packing it in a bag and be off to France with it.

http://www.environment.gov.au/coasts/speci.../ambergris.html

Test for Ambergris

'The simplest way to confirm its identity is to heat a wire or needle in a flame and thrust it into the sample to a depth of about a centimetre; if the substance is really ambergris it will instantly melt into an opaque fluid the colour of dark chocolate. When the needle is withdrawn the ambergris will leave a tacky residue on it.' (Perrin et.al, 2002, p21).

Sounds to me like they need to have a crackdown on whales vomiting in the beautiful waters of Phuket!

I read this was the official response from Big Jiew Chavalit:

'Unless the whales have a work permit they should arrest them all.

And those whales, they come here taking all the fish, and leaving behind their vomit, unless they cleared this with the police, each whale should pay a fine of 1,000b for littering.

Also, we should arrest the woman for picking up the whale vomit on the beach. The beach is public property, so she is stealing ASSETS OF THE COUNTRY.

As Prime Minister, you can guarantee I will ensure there will be no more whales in Thailand ever again. I will immediately implement a study using my friend's consulting firm for 100,000 billion baht, to study whether Thailand should allow whales or not. In the meantime, all whale vomit is to be given to my wife's research company.'

As you can see, I am very relieved someone is looking at this.

Sounds to me like they need to have a crackdown on whales vomiting in the beautiful waters of Phuket!

I read this was the official response from Big Jiew Chavalit:

'Unless the whales have a work permit they should arrest them all.

And those whales, they come here taking all the fish, and leaving behind their vomit, unless they cleared this with the police, each whale should pay a fine of 1,000b for littering.

Also, we should arrest the woman for picking up the whale vomit on the beach. The beach is public property, so she is stealing ASSETS OF THE COUNTRY.

As Prime Minister, you can guarantee I will ensure there will be no more whales in Thailand ever again. I will immediately implement a study using my friend's consulting firm for 100,000 billion baht, to study whether Thailand should allow whales or not. In the meantime, all whale vomit is to be given to my wife's research company.'

As you can see, I am very relieved someone is looking at this.

Perhaps they could ask the Japanese scientific community and whalers to help out with this issue :)

Don't be such a Thai bashing prick all of your life, its what ruins this website and makes it a stuffy stagnant pit of moaning expats.

I would have replied to this sooner but I'm on holiday in Brazil at the moment and haven't been on my pc so much lately.

I am not 'thai bashing' at all and you should learn some manners.