Drive A Red Plate Car At Night?

According to news reports, it will soon be a 'warning only' in Bkk...

I've never had a problem, and I've never heard of anyone having a problem with this, but it's good to know of all the possible 'problems' here, to help us in making educated decisions :o

I have been stopped several times over the years.

Not only driving after 6.00 pm, it's also illegal to drive - at any time of the day or night - outside the Province where the Red Plate is registered.

But as Ajarn says, the penalty is only a warning now - well, in theory!

Patrick

I have heard of the no driving at night of red plated cars. I was also told that if you opt for no rego plate at all you cannot legally take your car out of the province.

Once again I have been stopped on a couple of occasions and never been asked for my local address to verify the province where I live.

Red plate or not it's never a good idea to drive late at night.Good chance of getting squashed by either a drunk driver or a whizzing truck driver.

Around here, I'm pretty sure they stop before they whiz, but, still a drunk and whizzing truck driver might not be safe. Watch yer' shoes! :o

Not only driving after 6.00 pm, it's also illegal to drive - at any time of the day or night - outside the Province where the Red Plate is registered.

I think you'll find (if the car dealership is on the ball) that you will receive a "log book" with your red plate. Any travel outside the registered province requires entry into the book to comply with the "law".

I think you'll find (if the car dealership is on the ball) that you will receive a "log book" with your red plate. Any travel outside the registered province requires entry into the book to comply with the "law".

I never even opened that book. I assumed it was the owner's book for that red plate...