Where To Discuss Sensitive Topics?

Garden

Since I just signed up and read the forum rules, I realized that personally I have to be very careful in here. I want discuss some sensitive topics that usually are not favorable to Thai ears. I'm Thai myself but have some different opinions. Is there another site that's more open to discussion and less polite?

Let me know.

Since I just signed up and read the forum rules, I realized that personally I have to be very careful in here. I want discuss some sensitive topics that usually are not favorable to Thai ears. I'm Thai myself but have some different opinions. Is there another site that's more open to discussion and less polite?

Let me know.

you have just signed up and know already everything about TV and ask to get other sites recommended?

Or do you mean "a TV sub forum"?

On every forum there will always be people who want to put down anything anyone says that is slightly controversial. The moderators have a tough time separating the flamers from the interesting topics. Even moderators have their biases; it is only natural. There are valid reasons why the rules here are enforced.

Unfortunately, the most interesting topics are usually the controversial ones. The bland topics die a quick death and disappear.

The best solution is to stay involved with thiavisa forum and read what various posters have to say. Eventually you will learn what members are somewhat intellegent and who might actually help a reasonable question. You can then use the private message (PM) system to ask a question that might not be suitable on the open forum.

We don't know what topics you are talking about. So my suggestion is to start a topic to discuss your interest, but write if very carefully and politely, perhaps dancing around what you are really trying to say. Then you will find out soon enough by the responses and moderation whether you can really talk about your topic here.

Another idea, you might want to give us some hints right here about what you want to talk about.

BTW, welcome ...

Edited by Jingthing

You're right. I guess I'll just ask now. The topic is lese majeste.....

Then you must have seen this forum rule.

"Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban."

I can understand what you meant by "not favorable to Thai ears".

Hi Garden.

Even though there are some topics you are unable to bring up or discuss here, i hope you hang about.

Its good to have more Thai viewpoints and opinions.

However, i hope you are not put off too much by some of the things some people here say about your country and people. I admire the Thai members here who stomach the way some subjects are discussed.

All the best :)

Its good to have more Thai viewpoints and opinions.

However, i hope you are not put off too much by some of the things some people here say about your country and people. I admire the Thai members here who stomach the way some subjects are discussed.

All the best :D

Nicely said eek and I fully agree. :)

Hopefully I'll read here and post here often. I think by now the internet generation has come of age and everyone that participates in web forums have developed pretty thick skin. There's nothing personal, it just seems that way, we know that now.

I'm seaching for Thai opinions myself. I wish I have the brain or know-how to develop a forum that's commercial free or more neutral as neutral can be.

You're right. I guess I'll just ask now. The topic is lese majeste.....

:D:D:) ............welcome to the forum. I am sure as a Thai person (assuming also one of good education and knowledge of international

standards)......you know that Thailand has some little problems when it comes to "certain issues"

I am sure you know of people like "DA TORPEDO" AND "SUWICHA THAKOR" who are testament to the free expression

little problems that we may have !!!

This is not really a great forum to be shaving "too close to the bone"......AND......... if you did decide to shave close to the bone

(on another Webforum)you would be advised to be very,very,very "knowledgeable" about computers or a lengthy period eating fish-heads

and rice could be something you experience. MICT have a smart,dedicated team working for them (you would obviously know this).

What you have to realise is......the "owners and moderators" of THAIVISA would be liable for any "inflammatory" statements made,

even if they did not type them :D .....if they are judged simply not to have deleted them quickly enough this is enough for a

conviction. This HAS happened to mods/owners in Thailand and I have met a person it has happened to. :D .

I am assuming that if you are considering typing something that may not be "favourable to Thai ears" then you have a certain opinion

on the issues........... therefore you are "very very very welcome" to the forum then,in my eyes !!

Just DON'T TYPE anything like that though :D:D .......... keep it all locked up (excuse the pun) in your head, and one day history may

show that you were not completely alone in your thoughts !!!

On every forum there will always be people who want to put down anything anyone says that is slightly controversial. The moderators have a tough time separating the flamers from the interesting topics. Even moderators have their biases; it is only natural. There are valid reasons why the rules here are enforced.

Unfortunately, the most interesting topics are usually the controversial ones. The bland topics die a quick death and disappear.

The best solution is to stay involved with thiavisa forum and read what various posters have to say. Eventually you will learn what members are somewhat intellegent and who might actually help a reasonable question. You can then use the private message (PM) system to ask a question that might not be suitable on the open forum.

Good point Ian. I don't like the flaming and putting down on TV, but as you imply you get to know who debates fairly and who doesnt, who can take fair criticism and who cant.

@ Garden

I am late to say welcome to Thai Visa! I forget my greetings in my very first post.

A few words to the subject you have in mind to discuss. Here on Thai Visa you can enjoy freedom of expression and voice your opinion - maybe you find more freedom than on other boards.

It is sometimes not easy for a moderator to decide to become a censor and edit or delete a topic. Trust me even to suspend a member is not an easy decision.

We do that not for fun or the reason we don't like a member or his post - we have to do it to protect the entire community inside and outside. And we have rules we must follow.

You can enjoy TV but you always should keep in mind forum rule #2 which is utmost strictly applied if breached. Read this rule carefully. Of course the other rules too. You have agreed upon as you have signed up-

And remember: every reputable board has its rules.

I have no intention to alienate you but give you some advise. You've just started and might not be aware of the seriousness of rule #2

Anyway enjoy your stay and post as you like. Welcome! :)

Garden is a wind-up.

He claims he is Thai, well if he is Thai he will know that some Thai language weboards/forums are much more open to discussing sensitive topics than English language ones. Plenty of sites to discuss sensitive matter. Example websites

Edited by Tywais
Links removed as per forum rule Not to post URL links to other forums

• 6 months later...