Deep Concerns Over Shadowy Thai Forces

koosdeboer

Deep concerns over shadowy Thai forces

By Frank G. Anderson

Column: Thai TraditionsPublished: October 02, 2009

An analytical piece from former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s loyal supporter Jakraphob Penkhai, a fugitive from the Thai criminal system, was recently published on the New Mandala website. It alludes to an old social and political nemesis in Siam – the state within the state, or in other words, the real power behind the throne. In Turkey, the phenomenon is known as the “deep state.”

http://www.upiasia.com/Politics/2009/10/02...ai_forces/5781/

Deep concerns over shadowy Thai forces

By Frank G. Anderson

Column: Thai TraditionsPublished: October 02, 2009

An analytical piece from former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's loyal supporter Jakraphob Penkhai, a fugitive from the Thai criminal system, was recently published on the New Mandala website. It alludes to an old social and political nemesis in Siam – the state within the state, or in other words, the real power behind the throne. In Turkey, the phenomenon is known as the "deep state."

http://www.upiasia.com/Politics/2009/10/02...ai_forces/5781/

seems very reasonable - this is Thailand after all.

You should hear the threats of murder (by a prominent lawyer) surrounding the management of our condo..............

"An analytical piece from former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s loyal supporter Jakraphob Penkhai, a fugitive from the Thai criminal system,"

Come back Freud - all is forgiven :)

Edited by endure

Whenever I hear about Thaksin as a fugitive I always imagine him being chased down by Tommy Lee Jones.

If you read the statement again, you'll see that it says that Jakraphob Penkhai (not Thaksin) is a fugitive from the "Thai criminal system". (I think they really mean the "Thai justice system". :) )

/ Priceless

Whenever I hear about Thaksin as a fugitive I always imagine him being chased down by Tommy Lee Jones.

If you read the statement again, you'll see that it says that Jakraphob Penkhai (not Thaksin) is a fugitive from the "Thai criminal system". (I think they really mean the "Thai justice system". :) )

/ Priceless

Sure. I'm just referring to the amount of times that Thaksin is names as such.

/ Priceless

Sure. I'm just referring to the amount of times that Thaksin is names as such.

None of this is new.

There are power groups in any organization, corporation, government, ministries, civil groups, non-for-profit organizations, families, or whatever. Simply standard human behavior.

There is a case to say that power groups can be very dangerous. Also, power groups are what takes us forward in terms of positive change in society.

I've read similar accounts about Thailand many years ago.

I will agree that Taxsin is a clever strategist.

I will agree that Jakrabob is very clever at putting words together in both English and Thai.

Both of them are very clever at making black look white.

The attempts to criticize Abhisit because there was a kidnapping also deserves some comment. Thug gangs kidnapping people is clearly unacceptable in any country, however:

- Unfortunately no government, prime minister, president can give a guarantee that it will never happen. Taxsin openly sanctioned it in a very large way in his illegal war on drugs.

- Look at the situation Abhisit inherited. Give him time and, at the moment, my thinking is that he will put some of this right, but there will be very big brick walls spring up everywhere to try to prevent him from making change. It will take a long time. Same thing happens in corporations, etc.

- Can president Obama, or any world leader, totally stop it? Unfortunately NO!