Thai Passport

chico

The lady having a passport, which will expire in a few months, does she has to go to Bangkok, to get a new passport ?

Or can she just send the application by mail (EMS?) ?

When does she have to do this ?

What does she have to send ?

Where does she have to send it ?

Anyone can help me, please ?

I remember reading a few months ago that they could renew their passports at the post office. But they had to to do it before the passport expired (maybe within 6 months before? not sure, its been a while)

Asked K.W and she recons that Thai passports can only be renewed/re extended at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

The particular office she mentions is on the 5th Floor at Central Bangna (she thinks)but ask reception.

I would imagine that there must/maybe regional offices around the big cities but dont quote me.

Re the Post Office possibility........she burst out laughing

:o assume that means ...no

This is something fairly new so you may find some post offices are not fully set up for it yet. I believe that this is for renewals only not first passports and only for adults not thais under 20 yo. They have all of the forms at the post office and im told the process is not too painfull. You get the new passport mailed back to you.

Thanks all for the input, - as it is not for me, but a friend who has no PC, I will forward the possibilities to him, and as soon as I know, post it.

Tks, Alettea, but Khon Kaen would not be much help : we have 333km to Khon Kaen, 370 to BKK!

I know that Thai's who live here on Saipan (where there is no Thai consulate within a a couple thousand kilometers) are able to renew a passport by sending it to the MFA.

I only know that because when I've asked to see one in connection with my work I'm sometimes told that they have sent it back to Thailand for renewal.