Electricity Rates

I have always lived in serviced apartments and paid the rate of 6-7 baht per unit for electricity. I am now looking at condos and you are supposed to pay the bills yourself. I always thought the rate was 3 baht however I was looking at a place the other day and it was 4.7 baht and when I asked why I was told that is due to other charges.

Can someone please confirm this for me?

General rule of thumb is the MEA and PEA tariffs for electric usage average 3.50 to 3.90 baht per kwh which includes tax and fuel surcharges.

I have been tracking my use at my houses for over 3 years now and the invoice has never been higher than 3.90 baht per kwh.

The tables in the link Crossy provided are quite accurate but this does not show the fluctuations for the monthly fuel surcharges and the VAT.

General rule of thumb is the MEA and PEA tariffs for electric usage average 3.50 to 3.90 baht per kwh which includes tax and fuel surcharges.

I have been tracking my use at my houses for over 3 years now and the invoice has never been higher than 3.90 baht per kwh.

The tables in the link Crossy provided are quite accurate but this does not show the fluctuations for the monthly fuel surcharges and the VAT.

The charge rate of Bt3.5-3.9 is for relatively small monthly consumption, probably not more than Bt4k a month. Charge rate goes up for high consumption.

I have always lived in serviced apartments and paid the rate of 6-7 baht per unit for electricity. I am now looking at condos and you are supposed to pay the bills yourself. I always thought the rate was 3 baht however I was looking at a place the other day and it was 4.7 baht and when I asked why I was told that is due to other charges.

Sorry I don't have my bills with me at the moment, but is that figure from Juristic or from the bill itself? Does juristic in the condo you are looking at pay the electricity bill on your behalf?

For me Yes - I can request Juristic to pay the electricty bill and repay them. But I pay the supplier automatically by direct debit . Out of interest I pay Juristic for the water as this is controlled by the building.

Sorry I don't have my bills with me at the moment, but is that figure from Juristic or from the bill itself? Does juristic in the condo you are looking at pay the electricity bill on your behalf?

For me Yes - I can request Juristic to pay the electricty bill and repay them. But I pay the supplier automatically by direct debit . Out of interest I pay Juristic for the water as this is controlled by the building.

A serviced apartment has only a single owner, unlike condo units that are individually owned. Thus, a serviced apartment has only one large meter with MEA and how much an apartment building charges its tenants is a matter of the owner's policy.

Edited by trogers

A serviced apartment has only a single owner, unlike condo units that are individually owned. Thus, a serviced apartment has only one large meter with MEA and how much an apartment building charges its tenants is a matter of the owner's policy.

For me I cannot pay the water bill by direct debit. The Park Chidlom Condominium owns the incoming water supply. Every unit has its meter but we pay Juristic directly. Electricity is different I can pay the supplier directly.

This arrangement does have some huge advantages.

Edited by pkrv