Thaksin To Remain In Dubai

webfact

Thaksin to remain in Dubai

Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra is not thinking of moving out of Dubai, his legal adviser said Sunday.

"I have checked with Thaksin. The speculation about a relocation plan is untrue," Noppadon Patama said.

Thaksin was happy with his exile arrangements in Dubai and under no pressure from the local authorities or the Thai consulate, he said.

Conjecture had spread that Thaksin might transfer to a country with a Thai embassy or consulate in order to avoid harassment.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/05

Thaksin to remain in Dubai

Fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra is not thinking of moving out of Dubai, his legal adviser said Sunday.

"I have checked with Thaksin. The speculation about a relocation plan is untrue," Noppadon Patama said.

Thaksin was happy with his exile arrangements in Dubai and under no pressure from the local authorities or the Thai consulate, he said.

Conjecture had spread that Thaksin might transfer to a country with a Thai embassy or consulate in order to avoid harassment.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/05

I suppose that rules out Thailand i guess :)

I thought whenthe PM FOUND OUT WHERE HE WAS FOR SURE- EXTRADICTION was going to be sought

No way even his most ardent Red Shirts want him back, at least not yet. The new class of Professional Protesters are having too good a time of Thaksin's absence to want him back soon. Free tours of Bangkok to include free transportation from the sticks, free food, free lodging, great comraderie, get away from the spouse for some fun etc.

So sometimes you get rained on--often and regularly actually--but ya can't beat all that free travel, sex and guided tourism with a stick. :)

Huh? Can somebody explain please. No need to draw a picture.

Edited by Bagwan

Huh? Can somebody explain please. No need to draw a picture.

That caught my eye too if I read your post accurately. Doesn't the newspaper mean "without"? Perhaps some such place as Fiji where it wouldn't be cost efficient or necessary for Thailand to have an embassy or a lesser diplomatic presence?

Presumably any country "with" a Thai embassy or consulate such as the UAE would necessarily have Thai officials keeping a keen eye on Thaksin's movements and activities, probably 24/7 or close to that level of survellience. That would be so even if additional personnel had to be shipped over to fulfill the task.

I think Thaksin is going to have to learn to make himself at home in Dubai and learn to like Dubai, whether he welcomes doing so or not. :D

I'm sure the water buffalo leaders of Dubai with their hand out are happy to have him there too and wouldn't do anything to upset the mango cart. Dubai has tons of camels but I'm also sure the leaders there recognize a cash cow when they see one. :)

I think Thaksin is going to have to learn to make himself at home in Dubai and learn to like Dubai, whether he welcomes doing so or not. :D

I'm sure the water buffalo leaders of Dubai with their hand out are happy to have him there too and wouldn't do anything to upset the mango cart. Dubai has tons of camels but I'm also sure the leaders there recognize a cash cow when they see one. :)

Well at least he is under no pressure from the Thai consulate. By the way, why not?

Thaksin is low on the totem pole in Dubai/Emirates when it comes to wealth.