Income Source For Stay Based On Marriage

Hi,

I've read several threads here on TV in which members state that the 40k/month must be the 'aliens' income but Siam legal website states the following

'I don't have an income but my Thai spouse does. Will I still qualify for a Thai Marriage Visa?

Yes, as long as your Thai spouse's income is THB 40,000 and above. This financial requirement for the Thai marriage visa is your combined monthly income so it is okay if it comes from either or the both of you. She would however need to show her income tax documents to prove that she earns the said amount of money.'

Is this out of date? Who knows the up to date requirements and when (if at all) did these requirements change?

I hope you understand that I'm not questioning the integrity of the information I've seen but it is confusing when two conflicting pieces of information are available, which one is correct?

Thanks

I can assure you that the income cannot come from your wife or combined. It must be from you only. I'm in this situation. Previous years I extended using my wife's salary only. That's all gone now.

The information you stated is out of date.

And there is no such thing as marriage visa.

Non immigrant O visa with purpose to visit your wife can be obtained in a consulate outside Thailand.

Extension of stay based on marriage can be obtain at immigrations within Thailand.