Irish Pub On Ws

moo9

It was too pricey, and WS is hardly the place for a quaint old style Irish pub and a pint of Guinness or Murphys especially with all the other attractions on offer. I walked past it many times and it had very few customers.

What was the name of this Irish pub? The last time I was on Walking Street (a year or so ago), there was a bar called Game Bird, which was the closest thing to an Irish pub that I saw. Is this the pub that you guys are talking about?

Game Bird has gone.

Molly Malones is relocating.

Which of these two is the subject of the OP?

Thanks.

I only knew the one opposite Soi Happy...even don't know the name (just "Irish Pub").

moo9 - very easy to tell: Game Bird was an open bar. Molly Malones was enclosed, dark furnishings and a stage for live music, with a deck out the back over the water, and served food.

Hi then it was Molly Malones...sad that it is gone, but may be they'll find another place soon.

Cheers

What happened to the Irish Pub?

Wanted to have a beer there last Saturday night and was shocked to see it closed!

Renovation or what?

Cheers

Gone.

Reported on Stickman.

Great, one plastic mick pub down, about 10 more to go around pattaya / Jomtien.

Hope it does open back up as a go go bar.

Things are looking up, pattaya getting back on track. :):D:D

It was too pricey, and WS is hardly the place for a quaint old style Irish pub and a pint of Guinness or Murphys especially with all the other attractions on offer.

I agree. A bit out of place in all the madness, but it did last for quite a while.

its opposite champion agogo..used to be called kilkenny ..changed name then to molly malones.....was a good typical pub ...nice to go there sometimes to get away from all the madness of ws..........no one there annoying u ..hello handsome man crap........pity but probably recession hitting in big time

its opposite champion agogo..used to be called kilkenny ..changed name then to molly malones.....was a good typical pub ...nice to go there sometimes to get away from all the madness of ws..........no one there annoying u ..hello handsome man crap........pity but probably recession hitting in big time

I agree.....sometimes you get sick of "hello sexy man, sit down pleazzzz". Then it was time for the pub and a cool beer.

In there a few times when it was The Kilkenny. An American friend wanted to hear some traditional Irish music. I kept suggesting we go elsewhere but well fortified by alcohol he would not budge. I detest that traditional crap and avoid it like the plague at home. :)

In there a few times when it was The Kilkenny. An American friend wanted to hear some traditional Irish music. I kept suggesting we go elsewhere but well fortified by alcohol he would not budge. I detest that traditional crap and avoid it like the plague at home. :)

Last time I went there, the band was playing international rock, nothing traditional, as you mentioned.

Cheers

• 3 months later...