Piano Keyboard

Sherlocke

Anyone know a good shop for keyboards?

i'm looking for a weighted action keyboard with good piano and other synth sounds.

I've looked in Central PAttaya and Chonburi and I can see a couple of Yamahas and a casio around 30 to 40 thousand - anyone know of anywhere cheaper?

Drive on Sukhumvit towards Sattahip and just past the traffic lights with Soi Khao Talo (opposite Theprasit road) you have a music shop with a fair selection of keyboards.

Not sure what they have in the cheaper range though...

I want a weighted key board 88 note and synth capacity - but, I'm hoping that somewhere there is a cheaper alternative to the limited range offered by Central/Robinson et al.....I guess the usual expression is "digital piano" = but some have more rockets and bells than others...

Edited by Sherlocke

I want a weighted key board 88 note and synth capacity - but, I'm hoping that somewhere there is a cheaper alternative to the limited range offered by Central/Robinson et al.....I guess the usual expression is "digital piano" = but some have more rockets and bells than others...

Do you want it for home use or for a bar etc?

If the latter than you will probably need to spend a little bit more than what you've been quoted IMO if you want a quality one, my bar uses a Kurzweil sp88x stage piano, a secondhand one will cost you about 20000bht. It cost me 55000bht new but that was about 5 or 6 years ago.

Try Soundhouse in soi Town in Town or Rock Sound in Trepprasit rd.

We also have a Yamaha MO6 which was around 40k new.

:)

Edited by davethailand

As Monty pointed out already, have a look at the Music Shop opposite Thepprasit Road. I was there last week and noticed a bunch of midi keyboards with weighted keys. Price range 35k to 45k if I remember well. Anyways, it is the most competent shop in town.

Bangkok: Go to China Town, walk down Yaowarat Road and after you made about half of the road, turn right and get lost in those little alleyways. Most of the importers of music gear are hiding there. Don't go by car, there is nowhere to park.

Second hand shops: Try Phantip Plaza on the Mezzanine Floor. There are more somewhere near Chinatown, but no idea how to give you directions other than small alleyways without parking...good luck! :)

hi

i am also looking to buy a digital piano / keyboard in the 10k range. I have been to the shop Suriya in Sukhumvit Road.

But i cant find the other shop "sound house" which someone said was in soi town in town, i guess this is a typo.

So can someone help me find this shop, i am only here for 3 days and i live in Udon.

Thanks

At present there is a Casio Previa with a few extra sounds, midi etc at 36k - Model PX410R - anyone know this one?

I also looked at the Yamaha DGX 630.....couldn't work out if it would connect to my computer.......

Edited by Sherlocke

I went to Power Buy in Robinsons Si Racha yesterday.

Good selection, but no sale, unlike the shop in Pattaya.

After trying the hammer type pianos, i have decided to go for that kind even if more expensive, mainly because the others feel like toys afterwards (such as the WK-5000).

The first Privia is at 26K sounds good but the yamaha sounds better. I loved the DGX 630 but its 41900 :-(

Apparently they ship for free in thailand, but then you have to put it together yourself.

I still havent found the second shop in Pattaya. Can someone help?

Unfortunately the sales staff at Power Buy have the combined intellect of a demented slug....trying to get any info out of them is pointless as they just don't know - unless they have a real bargain I'd sooner buy elsewhere - I've also had dreadful experiences with their customer service dept.........

Power Buy - in common with most traders in Thailand tend to put the word "sale" on all sorts of things - it can mean "sell" or "for sale".

Sometimes they put a fallacious higher price on the label too - but you will never find the item for sale at the higher price.

My favorite is the "2 for !" deal on tins of fish - you get two tins for 22 baht....only problem is the previous price of a tin was 12 baht........

What pisses me off about Powerbuy is that regardless of price the staff know nothing about the product and are not able to offer any deals on the purchase.....i.e free cables, discount price...anything....

I was referring to " in common with most traders"

However PowerBuy - I understand are part of the"Central" group of retailers - this includes TOPS - so in a way YES - they sell tins of fish.

THe same mentality pervades the entire company - the PoweBuy part would also apply the same tactic to electronic goods - I'm sure you can get my point?

Edited by Sherlocke