Does Phuket Need Two Major Water Theme Parks?

aroyphuket

I read recently that Phuket is to open not one but two theme water parks within the next few months.

Is there any logic to open two major water theme attractions costing millions and millions Thai Baht on our beloved island? Okay it may mean that the general public will be able to have the choice between these venues, but is there really any economic sense? It seems only us the general public will benefit, may be the competition will ensure we only pay a fair entry price!

It reminds me all the beer bars, massage and beauty parlors in Phuket; that many similar business's means unhealthy competition. Although us the general public cannot complain, I go regularly for a real Thai massage near Chalong for 100 baht, no funny stuff!! How can the owner make money unless he is using Tesco's principles stack high and sell em cheap! :)

I remember talk about building a water theme park in Patong over 10 years ago. Never happened then, and so far still a lot of talk about it. When one opens then I will believe it ... :)

Both are almost complete. You should read the Phuket Gazette more often!! :D

Work on the water park in Kathu is progressing & original plans showed it could have been quite spectacular. Not sure but I believe budgetary constraints may mean it will end up with inferior & low quality equipment/rides.

I think the other big water park was supposed to be at West Sands in Mai Khao. Does anyone know if this project is still moving along?

There was meant to be a smaller one at an apartment complex in Poonpol Plaza which was being sold in Central early last year but until recently not a sod of earth had been turned. Wonder what happened to all the deposits?

Edited by Valentine

The Mai khao project is still very much happening as a quite large village come resort funded by the tesco big boss sir terry whatever.

The chertanlay public swimming pool has a big slide and that's it.

I dont know about the Kathu project but I think people need to remind themselves this island is about the same size as Sinapore with a crap infrastructure, so it'S BIG the more facilities the better, try driving to Mai Khao from Rawai someday see how long it will take you, better stilll just go to a beach with a water ring.