Visa For Laos

I'm a British PP holder. Are visas for Laos available at the Nong Khai (road bridge) border point or must they be obtained in advance. If, so, how long valid?

I have a Thai multi - entry 'O' visa (expires DEC 05) so assume that if I go into Laos I can return to the Thai side and get another 90 days.

I last went 3 years ago and got an advance visa at Khon Kaen Laotion Consulate for a family group (Thais) day trip to Vientiane only to find I could have got one at that border. But, are they still issuing?

PTE,

Yes, you can get a Visa on arrival. This is were I do my visa runs. You get stamped out of Thailand. 10 Baht for the bus ride over the Friendship Bridge (and 10 baht back). The cost is $30.00 U.S. for the visa. You can pay in Thai Baht, I think they want 1500 in Baht. They give a 14 day visa for Loas. This Visa run is hassle free. Not many touts on the Loas side, save for the people that ask if you want a taxi. If you do not, say no once and that is the end. They have the visa application forms there, no need to get ahead of time. Be SURE you bring a pen and a picture (passport picture) for the visa application. They don't have pens out to use.

Good Luck :o

Thanks jimmi for the update. I don't actually need to do a visa run. I planned to get an extension on my 'O' visa next month but may want to travel to Laos with family members for a social visit in which case I will get 90 days on my return.

:o

PTE,

Yes, you can get a Visa on arrival.  This is were I do my visa runs.  You get stamped out of Thailand.  10 Baht for the bus ride over the Friendship Bridge (and 10 baht back).  The cost is $30.00 U.S. for the visa.  You can pay in Thai Baht, I think they want 1500 in Baht.  They give a 14 day visa for Loas.  This Visa run is hassle free.  Not many touts on the Loas side, save for the people that ask if you want a taxi.  If you do not, say no once and that is the end.  They have the visa application forms there, no need to get ahead of time.  Be SURE you bring a pen and a picture (passport picture) for the visa application.  They don't have pens out to use.

Good Luck :D