Buying A Can Opener In Pattaya

wilson steer

Sorry for a boring post on a Saturday night...Where in Pattaya can I buy a 'deluxe' can opener, by that I mean one that opens the tin cleanly witha rotary mechanism, very common in the U.K. for about £3?

I am tired of cutting my fingers on tin lids cut by the can opener/bottle opener style ones that cost 12 baht.

I have tried so far: Big C, Carrefour, Tops and even the massive kitchenware shop on second road nearly opposite Royal Garden.

Wilson Steer.

Sorry for a boring post on a Saturday night...Where in Pattaya can I buy a 'deluxe' can opener, by that I mean one that opens the tin cleanly witha rotary mechanism, very common in the U.K. for about £3?

I am tired of cutting my fingers on tin lids cut by the can opener/bottle opener style ones that cost 12 baht.

I have tried so far: Big C, Carrefour, Tops and even the massive kitchenware shop on second road nearly opposite Royal Garden.

Wilson Steer.

What?

Wilson Steer.

Hey Wilson,

Try Home Pro beside Carrefour...I think I recall seeing them in there, but expect to pay an arm and a leg....

On an almost related theme, has anyone come across a spud masher?  I have to have my occasional sausage and mash and trying to mash the spuds with a fork is a pain and ususally knackers the fork too! 

Hungry  :o

Robinson Sri Racha have spud mashers . We also picked one up at one of the supermarkets in Pattaya.Sory cant remember which one.

Wilson Steer.

2nd floor Friendship super marked in South Pattaya Rd. Or just plase the can on the oven and everything will go in the way of the nature

:o

On an almost related theme, has anyone come across a spud masher?  I have to have my occasional sausage and mash and trying to mash the spuds with a fork is a pain and ususally knackers the fork too! 

Hungry  :o

Again I bought a belter from the kitchenalia shop next to Foodland on Pattaya Klang. If you keep your eyes open I've seen them in a few shops.

Up on Sukumvit is a shop called (rather inaccurately, I feel) True Value. They sell a range of products apparently imported from USA. If all else fails, you could try there.

Hungry  :D

Again I bought a belter from the kitchenalia shop next to Foodland on Pattaya Klang. If you keep your eyes open I've seen them in a few shops.

Up on Sukumvit is a shop called (rather inaccurately, I feel) True Value. They sell a range of products apparently imported from USA. If all else fails, you could try there.

Whereabouts on Sukhumvit?

I've tried all of the other options apart from Robinsons but it's a case of 'Mai mii. Mii laew dte mai dton-nii'. Doesn't sound hopeful!

DM :o

Still not got my can opener, tried HOME PRO'S next to Carrefour, had everything but a can opener. Some of the fridges/fridge freezers in there are fantastic!

I got a mash potato masher in TOPS, Sai Song/PattayaKlang but it is a funny squat shape, like a semi circle pastry thing, works though...expensive 280 baht.

Wilson Steer.

Whereabouts on Sukhumvit?

I've tried all of the other options apart from Robinsons but it's a case of 'Mai mii.  Mii laew dte mai dton-nii'.  Doesn't sound hopeful!

DM  :o

True Value is on Sukhumvit , if your heading towards Sattahip its just past Theprasit Rd. Sort of opposite Tesco.

Still not got my can opener, tried HOME PRO'S next to Carrefour, had everything but a can opener. Some of the fridges/fridge freezers in there are fantastic!

I got a mash potato masher in TOPS, Sai Song/PattayaKlang but it is a funny squat shape, like a semi circle pastry thing, works though...expensive 280 baht.

Wilson Steer.

Have you actually tried where I suggested?. They have everything in there. Where is Robinsons in Pattaya by the way? Next time I'm in town I'll have to have a nose.

Edited by lampard10

Where is Robinsons in Pattaya by the way? Next time I'm in town I'll have to have a nose.

You'll have to wait a bit - it hasn't been built yet. they have just cleared the land on 2nd Road that used to be occupied nby the Ventienne restaurant.

the nearest Robinsons to Pattaya is Sri Racha.

Where is Robinsons in Pattaya by the way? Next time I'm in town I'll have to have a nose.

You'll have to wait a bit - it hasn't been built yet. they have just cleared the land on 2nd Road that used to be occupied nby the Ventienne restaurant.

the nearest Robinsons to Pattaya is Sri Racha.

That's why doctormann hasn't tried there yet..............................unless of course he's getting BKK direction off the Pattaya forum.

• 4 years later...

Big C was selling a very stylish can opener, black and white kind of plastic, was in the range of 300-400 Baht, apart from the nice looking shape it was utter rubbish, better you go for the classic metal one for 30-50 Baht, at least it works!

Rather than start another thread, any pointers to a garlic press and spud masher in Pty?

I think I've seen them in Tesco-Lotus, but maybe not always in stock. I'd suggest the big kitchen/dining wares place opposite (on the east side of) Big C in North Pattaya, they've got a huge selection of stuff, and it's very cheap, but not always of the highest quality.

Edited by Guderian

Rather than start another thread, any pointers to a garlic press and spud masher in Pty?

I think I've seen them in Tesco-Lotus, but maybe not always in stock. I'd suggest the big kitchen/dining wares place opposite (on the east side of) Big C in North Pattaya, they've got a huge selection of stuff, and it's very cheap, but not always of the highest quality.

I managed to pick up a cheese slicer at that warehouse place behind BigC...I thought it was cheap at 72 bt, but it turned to be 12 bt. Works too! :)