Wat In Thailand/cambodia Border

sezzo

I have been informed there is a spectacular Wat on the Thai/Cambodian border which I would like to visit. The only information that I know of is that it is either in Ubon Ratchathani or Sisaket provinces. Apparently the Wat's area is in both Thailand and Cambodia.

Can anyone help me here?

I have been informed there is a spectacular Wat on the Thai/Cambodian border which I would like to visit.  The only information that I know of is that it is either in Ubon Ratchathani or Sisaket provinces.  Apparently the Wat's area is in both Thailand and Cambodia.

Can anyone help me here?

Might be this one.

http://www.geocities.com/magichats/PhraViharn.html

Sounds like it is. "Khoa Phraviharn" Travel south from Sisaket on the 221, across the 24 and through Kantharalak. About 25 km south of Kantharalak. It's well signposted.

There's another Khmer temple on the border south of Buriram/Prakhon Chai. "Phanom Rung". Again it's well signposted on the 2117 (turn south half way between Nang Rong and Prakhon Chai on the 24).

Phraviharn is the spectacular one.

Well worth a visit. I will not describe it to you or it will spoil your visit.

You will have to leave your passport with the Thai soldiers (try just a copy) and then take a ride on a tractor train to the border and then walk into Cambodia. Recommended.

very spectacular and atmospheric place , no manicured lawns or restoration , just ruins and a crashed helicopter and some old artillery pieces lying around , or it was 3 years ago when i was last there , hope it hasnt been 'sanitised' since then.

best seen in the rainy season when the clouds and wind and rain add to the atmosphere.

well worth the effort in getting there.

Edited by taxexile