Want To Buy External Cd/dvd Writer

phetaroi

I just bought a new computer (HP). So far very happy with it.

I want to buy an external CD/DVD writer so that I can copy discs. My HP has a Blu Ray Player & Supermulti DVD Burner with Lightscribe.

I care nothing about Lightscribe and will not be using Blu Ray discs.

What do I need to consider getting, and about how much are we talking?

Thanks

About 1,600 baht - but do you really need it? Your built in can write to your HD a lot faster than an external drive and you can copy from HD back to your built in unit to burn. I am not sure why you want to burn with the price of HD being so low - makes more sense to me to buy a 1tb external HD for what you would normally burn. That would be 200+ DVD or 1400+CD's in the space of a 3.5" hard drive. And a cost of about 3,000 baht.

I have an Asus dvd writer in an aluminum external enclosure that I used rarely with my old computer but have no use for it with my new computer. I have always kept it in the box as it was rarely used so it is absolutely like new. Let me know if you might be interested in it.

I would recommend the external drives from Buffalo, I have one for my netbook, and it's really handy.

No need for external power, just two USB plugs and that's it, it installs itself no need for any additional drivers.

I 2nd that.

I bought one at Icon Square 1 month ago. I bargained them down from 1950 to 1700. The box was unopened (not that's a guarantee it hasn't been rewrapped). It comes with a 2 year warranty. They gave me a week to return it if wasn't working properly. It seems to get enough juice with only 1 of the 2 USB plugs plugged into my Dell Lattitude laptop.

Edited by vagabond48