Traveling To Laos

will the boarders be open at weekends up at Friendship Bridge crossing? ifso what times please?

thank you

I forget what time they start, before 0800 hrs anyway, I think. But I was told last week when we were up there that you could still cross over from Nong Khai at 2130 hrs as things shut down at 2200. We crossed at 1730.

Mac

will the boarders be open at weekends up at Friendship Bridge crossing? ifso what times please?

thank you

I forget what time they start, before 0800 hrs anyway, I think. But I was told last week when we were up there that you could still cross over from Nong Khai at 2130 hrs as things shut down at 2200. We crossed at 1730.

Mac

No, week day, but I think weekend is the same. BTW, probably need to pay an overtime charge, posted, of $1 on the Lao side. FYI, we normally cross over on Sundays after driving up from Bangkok, usually about 1600 hrs or so.

What time frame are you thinking of?

Mac

If you have a friend travelling with you that is going to use a border pass (not a passport but a 3 days "pass" cheap and easy) then you need to be there after 8 and before 4pm to get the pass - coming back you have to cross before 10 pm (Going on my didgy memory of last month)

I will be going over the boarder early morning on a Saturday and coming straight back. I will drive up to Koen Kaen and stay the night there on Friday and do the last leg of the trip early Saturday morning and then head back to Koen Kaen and on To Bangkok again on the Sunday. thats the reason wh I need to make sure the boarder is open at the weekends.

thank you