United States Airforce Thunderbirds

barryofthailand

They are not the Navy Blue Angels, but they still put on a good show, and all for free.

you must be ex-navy,although the navy puts on a good show, the Air force has them beat as far as the best team. :)

USAF Retired

Above all else

Edited by skipvice

They are not the Navy Blue Angels, but they still put on a good show, and all for free.

you must be ex-navy,although the navy puts on a good show, the Air force has them beat as far as the best team. :D

USAF Retired

Above all else

USMC (Ret)  :)

you must be ex-navy,although the navy puts on a good show, the Air force has them beat as far as the best team. :D

USAF Retired

Above all else

USMC (Ret)  :)

The few, the proud

semper fi

They will be running a practice run with Emergency equipment on Friday starting at 12 noon. Public invited to watch. The show suppose to be on Saturday, if anyone has the time I would appreciate it. We live in korat, but are planning to go and watch weather permitting.

Barry

According to the US embassy website the show in on Saturday, gates at 12:00pm, show at 1:00pm. I saw a hand written sign for 'Thunderbirds' yesterday when I drove past. I live close enough to hear the practice tomorrow and will be there on Saturday, lets hope the weather is good enough for the full show.

Quite easily the most boring flying display you will ever see.

The Thunderbirds are the most boring display?  You have to be kidding me.  They are the highlight of every show they attend and are on par with the Blue Angels.

yes the Frecce Tricolori have a good show but they a slower type aircraft that was designed as a trainer. max speed mach 08.

The thunderbirds fly the F-16 fighter with speeds up mach 2, which requires greater skill to perform and fly.

Just my opion :)

yes the Frecce Tricolori have a good show but they a slower type aircraft that was designed as a trainer. max speed mach 08.

The thunderbirds fly the F-16 fighter with speeds up mach 2, which requires greater skill to perform and fly.

Just my opion :)

They wouldn't go faster than Mach 1 over land though would they? so doesn't that make the Mach 2 speed a rather moot point?

They wouldn't go faster than Mach 1 over land though would they? so doesn't that make the Mach 2 speed a rather moot point?

Yes it does. You could argue that other teams aircraft require more skill to fly because they are not equipped with the level of electronics and fly by wire systems the F-16 has. I have seen every major display team several times, the US teams have the best aircraft, the Italian team are the most flamboyant and the Red Arrows the most precise. People will disagree about the best team for ever of course. I have been lucky enough to see the Red Arrows perform at shows that were not open to the public and they put on an amazing low level display that was the best I have ever seen.

The Thunderbirds are a great team and it's going to be a good show on Saturday.

I hope the show day is clear as the show they put on called the "high" show is much better than the one used on overcast days. The aircraft performance is much better and the sound effects of the engines is awesome with the high show. They can do many more maneuvers with the unlimited ceiling versus with a cloud cover.

Quite easily the most boring flying display you will ever see.

The Thunderbirds are the most boring display?  You have to be kidding me.  They are the highlight of every show they attend and are on par with the Blue Angels.

Oh, our resident Brits--predominantly English--crap in their knickers when anything American is mentioned. Just another snide little anti-Americanism, very predictable from just reading the thread title.

Hi all,

Did not see anything regarding cameras, etc. Does anyone have a list of permitted not permitted items. I checked the website and did not see.

Thnx

Side Note: Got to see the Blue Angels perform in San Diego, CA when I was younger >Now that was I show; I am sure these guys will put on one just as well, if not better (Highly doubtful as they are land lovers) Joke.

Navy Brat :)

Edited by Newguy70