Buy A Condo Of My Thai Children Name?

:) Hi,

I would like to know if i’m married with a thai woman and a have a baby with her and buy a condo and put the name of my children as the owner and we decide to divorce, what’s gonna happen? ? Me or my wife can’t sell the condo, who can live inside ?

Thanks for your help !

I would like to know if i'm married with a thai woman and a have a baby with her and buy a condo and put the name of my children as the owner and we decide to divorce, what's gonna happen? ? Me or my wife can't sell the condo, who can live inside ?

Thanks for your help !

Gte your name on the chanote with a 30 year lease in your name

I would like to know if i'm married with a thai woman and a have a baby with her and buy a condo and put the name of my children as the owner and we decide to divorce, what's gonna happen? ? Me or my wife can't sell the condo, who can live inside ?

Thanks for your help !

Yep buy it in your own name then will it to your child..as far as I know you cannot put anything in a persons name unless they are 21..

[/size]

Thanks for your help !

Yep buy it in your own name then will it to your child..as far as I know you cannot put anything in a persons name unless they are 21..

Well I am not sure about that

As a matter of fact a friend of mine went to the land department to do so, a couple of days ago (his kids are 2 and 4)

I will check again with him but as I haven't heard from him since I guess he did it

The best solution is to make yourself a tenant for a long period (your rights are well protected in this case)

Of course if this inot possible as the previous poster has said, then put it in your name then Will it away (but from what I understand this would not be acceptable to his wife or both of them)

"I would like to know if i’m married with a thai woman and a have a baby with her and buy a condo and put the name of my children..."

Why would you ever consider buying a condo, and put it under someone else's name? You absolutely guarantee that you will lose ownership. You can buy in your name, and then transfer ownership as you desire.

I would hazard a guess that whoever is the legal guardian of the child would be able to sell and / or live in the condo in the event of you getting a divorce.

That's always providing it is legal to put the condo in the child's name. But why a condo and not a house?

I asked that because if i buy a condo after married and we divorced i gonnA loose 50% so i thought i buy the condo on the name of my child i can live inside with hIm without sell and it will be 100% to him not to my ex-wife :)

"I would like to know if i’m married with a thai woman and a have a baby with her and buy a condo and put the name of my children..."

Why would you ever consider buying a condo, and put it under someone else's name? You absolutely guarantee that you will lose ownership. You can buy in your name, and then transfer ownership as you desire.

It seems to be because the OP is married and prefer to give the condo to his kids than to his wife !

I asked that because if i buy a condo after married and we divorced i gonnA loose 50% so i thought i buy the condo on the name of my child i can live inside with hIm without sell and it will be 100% to him not to my ex-wife :)

I think that would only be true if you were awarded sole custody of your son.

It never ceases to amaze to that folks don't use the forum search facility to locate earlier threads and study the good info they contain, before launching another one on the same topic. There are quite a few concerning buying property in the name of a minor, 2-3 of which were in the last six months.

Yes-you can do it although as with so many of these issues you will get conflicting advice from differrent land dept staff

No-it's not a magic bullet. Again, as with all the different methods of holding/occupying property, there are potential downsides to going down this path. You really need to think about your specific needs and then do your homework on each of the different options.