Multiple O In Penang - Married To Thai

The Sportsmans in Soi 13 Pattaya does an all inclusive Visa run to Penang for those seeking O visas. However to obtain a multiple O for those married to Thai they advised me that on the first application only a single entry would be granted and a return 3 months later would be neccessary to obtain a multiple O.

Is this correct and what is the point - if any?

Policy perhaps - although this is the first time I have seen it mentioned so would take with a grain of salt. KL is the normal recommendation for multi entry.

Most people will extend there stay and immigration only requires money in bank account 2 months for first time so a single entry is all that is required. Once you have obtained such a visa in Penang they do seem to offer return customers leeway - I had visa approved 10 years ago (during a crackdown) when 20 (all) others in same batch did not - the only difference being I had a history there.

The Sportsmans in Soi 13 Pattaya does an all inclusive Visa run to Penang for those seeking O visas. However to obtain a multiple O for those married to Thai they advised me that on the first application only a single entry would be granted and a return 3 months later would be neccessary to obtain a multiple O.

Is this correct and what is the point - if any?

I do not beleive it to be correct.

In the past 3-4 weeks I have observed 2 man with Thai wives and one man with Thai child proceed to Penang and obtain a Multiple Entry O Visa.

Why not have your wife phone Penang and ask... (604) 226-8029, 226-9484, 288-6784

Bapak