Accommodation Needed For Two Families This Christmas On The Beach.

MeMock

Hi Everyone, chasing some help please.

This Christmas my family (wife and a 3 and 2 year old) are driving to the coast and meeting up with another family (husband, wife and a 8, 6 and 1 year old)

We aren't picky as to the exact area where we stay apart from it being in Chanthaburi, Trat or Rayong, however we are not interested in staying anywhere close to Pattaya. We really would rather the mainland as we will be driving but will consider and island stay if the place is good!

What we do require however is......

Accommodation on the beach. It either has to be right on the beach or at the most a easy walk of no more then 150 metres.

The Beach needs to be clean and safe to swim

The hotel/resort/bungalows etc needs to have a separate bedroom.

A kid friendly hotel/resort/bungalows would be a bonus. A place with a pool or playground etc.

Walking distance to Thai Food (fresh seafood is a bonus!)

Budget: Haven't talked with the other family yet but at a guess I would think up to 3,000 baht a night would be the go - happy to pay more for the right place though.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, I look forward to your replies.

I will give you a sugestion memock then I bet we will see everyone pile in with there views!!

I dont know how well you know the area but you did say not Rayong and on the main land so my sugestion of Ko samet goes against both of these.

Last month I stayed at the Apache resort with another family in the same sort of situation as you with kids the same age and we had a fantastic time. Its a bit basic but quiet and right on the beach, food was ok and accomadation fine. It realy is worth parking the car up for a couple of days and getting away from it all.

Now let the floodgates open.

Somewhere like Chai Chet Resort or Coconut Beach Resort, both at the northern end of Klong Prao beach would tick all the boxes. Nothing flash but more may well still have rooms available. But many resorts are already full for Xmas. Or have a look at the bungalow resorts on Kai Bae beach - KB Resort, Kai Bae Beach Resort, KB Huts etc. Nice spot, easy to get to the 7-eleven etc

If you want somewhere more 'Thai' Chock Dee or Magic Resort, both at the far southern end of Klong Prao beach cater more to Thai families than farang tourists. These are the type of place you can get your portable karaoke machine out and start making somtam on the balcony as soon as you arrive.

Even though not on the Mainland, I would go ahead and recommend Koh Samet and specifically the Sai Kaew Beach Resort. You can park the cars in covered secure parking in Ban Phe and take a speedboat right to the resort. We gone with other families several times and had a great time…

TH

We really would rather the mainland

RayongCondotel on Maerampheung Beach

Cross the road and you are on the beach

Clean enough, depending on where you go and safe enough to swim

The hotel/resort/bungalows etc needs to have a separate bedroom.

This I think it may struggle with this , but I know a couple of others, I will find there names and come back.

It has a pool, but no play ground, I will look into the nearest.

Walking distance to Thai Food (fresh seafood is a bonus!)

It is a very quiet place but sea food is good

Budget: Haven't talked with the other family yet but at a guess I would think up to 3,000 baht a night would be the go - happy to pay more for the right place though.

You could do that here, but doesn't fit all your criteria, let me check out out some of the others and perhaps they might fit, I just haven't stayed in them.

Just a further word, it is a quiet place.