Royal thai consulate hawaii

thanks doc.  it would be pretty hard not to be in HI.

as an american, i am just wondering if maybe it is better for me to actually get my new non-imm visa from a consulate on us soil so to speak.  everyone say the aussie offices (brisbane, melborne, perth, sydney) are easyh to deal with.  would it be the same for an american using one of these offices?  the official thai regs. seem to imply that for non-imm visas, one is to return to their "home" country to apply for one.

as the official counsulates in the usa seem to be very busy and "by the book," i am thinking of using one of the honorary consuls.  many friends use the ones in texas (3 of them) or florida, however, these are very far away.  i didn't even know about the HI office till i searched the net.  it is alot closer than the others and sometimes there are good air specials there.  

anyone have any other experience with the HI consul and care to share would be appreciated.

does anyone have experience obtaining non-imm O or multi-entry T visas from the honorary counsel in Honolulu?

If your paperwork is in order, a non-immigrant 'O' from Honolulu should be easy.  They are tougher with non-immigrant 'B' visas, especially the multiple-entry variety.  Dunno a thing about the 'T' category...

You don't have to go home to get a visa. Any Thai Consulate will issue visa's to most people no matter where they come from. There are some persons that are required to have residency in the country of application eg. the Indian subcontinent countries.

By T visa I think you mean Tourist Visa....officially known as TR. Enables 60 day stays, and can be extended up to a month in Thailand, for each entry. The problem is the period of validity is only 6 months. ie. all entries must be made within 6 months of issue date

You can post or courier your passport to Houston. You are still in them United States. Phone the Consulate in Hon first, and see what sort of reception you get.            :cool:

By T visa I think you mean Tourist Visa....officially known as TR.

If that's the case and 'T' does mean a 'TR' visa, Honolulu will issue a triple-entry tourist visa.  As the doctor says, this must be used within six months of the date of issue.

Ovenman is the Consul there a Japanese -American guy ?

Yes.  

The office itself is really a weird setup.  The consulate shares office space with a maid service that is apparently owned by the consul.  He's quite busy and his parents help out with all the routine consulate stuff (the father was the consul 'til he retired and the son took over).  They are a really nice couple in their eighties who have ties to Thailand going way back.

as a japanese-american myself, maybe that will help smooth the way.  i am in thailand now on non-imm O obtained in penang.  i would like to get a 1 year multi-entry O visa.  the O and B visas seem harder to get from the "border" consolates so therefore i am game to try somewhere in aussieland or HI.  

besides, i can take in some scuba diving in either locale...something i enjoy doing.

i can show Thai bank account with $2-3k per month transfers from america

new car bought and registered in los (money brought over!!!)

thai imm residency/address confirmation

6 month rental contract

thai drivers license

maybe i can swing a non-imm O with this documentation.  have another 15 years or so before i am 50  :o

maybe i can swing a non-imm O with this documentation.

I'm certainly not the definitive authority regarding this but my impression from dealing with the folks in the Honolulu office is that they'll need to see a marriage license to issue a multiple-entry non-immigrant 'O' visa.  Might be wise to have somebody check on the requirements with them before you waste a trip to Hawaii (not that *any* trip to Hawaii is ever a waste). :laugh:

well, for now, a double-entry T would suffice.  but by next sept., however, i will need either an O or B in the passport to renew my drivers license.  if i then get a 5 year renewal, i could live off T visas (not 30 day entry stamps) for 5 years.

maybe it's brisbane next fall for new visa and diving the barrier reef

gotta love this living in LOS  :o