Red Stamp -- Where To Apply Next Visa ?

Last 3 weeks many got the red stamp in Laos. Many dont know what to do now / where to apply for next visa. This consern people under 50,

single all ages, and those with less than 800K/year. Here are my ideas:

Perth: I've seen t/r tickets with Airasia low as 6K included taxes. Add taxi, hotel, food, visa fee . Total of 15K and up should be possible, when back with a new multiple Non O visa.

Hull: airticket t/r, train, taxi, hotel, visa fee, total 3-4 times more than Perth.

T/r trip by air to nearby asia country with return same day. Free 30 days TR visa on arrival for many countries, total 3-4K up monthly.

Going back home and apply might not always be a good choise.

In my country the Embassy only give 2 entry TR visa. Total cost travel incl. 80K+. ooouch!

What other options for a new visa ?

Another option is an ED visa, please talk to people who have it, easy life, no more worries, no more visa runs, improved status in Thailand and you get to learn something too. You can stay in Thailand on an ED visa for years.

Walen School - every nationality can apply

www.thaiwalen.com

Edited by macwalen

Going back home and apply might not always be a good choise.

In my country the Embassy only give 2 entry TR visa. Total cost travel incl. 80K+. ooouch!

The crackdown was for back-to-back tourist visas...period. It didn't single out consulates in neighboring countries. Going back to your home country for another tourist visa could be a wasted exercise.

If you apply for new passport at your embassy in Thailand, immigration will note details of the old passport in the new passport when they transfer your permission to stay stamp. And the embassy/consulate will see that information too when you apply for new visa, and may ask to see previous passport, so it may be game over.

Edited by thaiphoon

"Help make a updated list" was the heading here. Sorry if some misunderstood me.

I was hoping for a new thread with up to date info from the region. I just got my 2 entry tr visa, but planning ahead. To clearify, I talk about us longstayers with back to back visa's.

Any new info about Perth? Do they still issue Non O for visit friends?

1 member pm me and said that Perth have stopped issue non o for visit friends, is that confirmed ?

1 member pm me and said that Perth have stopped issue non o for visit friends, is that confirmed ?

As far as I am aware Perth is still issuing. There have been no reports to the contrary. Perhaps the member could make a posting providing us with details?

There is already a thread providing details on the latest visa reports in the region, plus the back to back visa thread plus the Vientiane red stamp thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Latest-Repor...on-t189375.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Crackdown-To...at-t297046.html

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Red-Warning-...ne-t300805.html

Edited by thaiphoon

I believe Perth is a serious question mark. Last post I noticed mentioned a copy of ID card of Thai person you were to visit so believe the screws may be turning shut on that tap.

That posting is here

yup i got non imm o in perth last week, juz take copy of sum birds id card or thai passport.

12mth multi visa 225dollar

But it is not clear on what basis the member applied for Non-O (maybe he said staying with thai gf, hence they asked for id) or what documents were presented/what documents the consulate specifically asked for. The poster has not come back to us. Yes it could be a warning sign of things to come at Perth, but have seen no report (yet) of visa refusal.

Edited by thaiphoon

Still 5 months to go before we know what happens.

They only started to give red stamps ONE month ago - with the VISA.

So anyone who got one (presuming they were intelligent enough to write 'double entry' on it) has 5 more months before they have go throught the process.

Anything can happen in 5 months.

Plus those with 'the stamp' might well get another visa, it only says 'mightn't', let's just see who tries it.

If you haven't got a red stamp, and need a visa now, go to laos, get your 6 months, and possibly get a stamp saying that you 'mightn't' get another TV from that embassy next time of asking.

Edited by Yimmy

I believe Perth is a serious question mark. Last post I noticed mentioned a copy of ID card of Thai person you were to visit so believe the screws may be turning shut on that tap.

That posting is here

yup i got non imm o in perth last week, juz take copy of sum birds id card or thai passport.

But it is not clear on what basis the member applied for Non-O (maybe he said staying with thai gf, hence they asked for id) or what documents were presented/what documents the consulate specifically asked for. The poster has not come back to us. Yes it could be a warning sign of things to come at Perth, but have seen no report (yet) of visa refusal.

I also had supporting documents from a hospital regarding birth of our son.

But i am sure they still give Imm O for visiting friends,as this guy i think he just wanted a free TR,but put that reason was visiting GF.

So they instructed him he needed a Imm O,and he had a copy of her ID in his bag.

So i reckon Perth is still good.

So anyone who got one (presuming they were intelligent enough to write 'double entry' on it) has 5 more months before they have go throught the process.

Plus those with 'the stamp' might well get another visa, it only says 'mightn't', let's just see who tries it.

If you haven't got a red stamp, and need a visa now, go to laos, get your 6 months, and possibly get a stamp saying that you 'mightn't' get another TV from that embassy next time of asking.

We may never know as I don't believe too many people would make that trip just to see what will happen.

I wouldn't go back to Vientiane with a red warning stamp. Would you?

The red stamp reads "don't come back again" to me.

That posting is here

I also had supporting documents from a hospital regarding birth of our son.

But i am sure they still give Imm O for visiting friends,as this guy i think he just wanted a free TR,but put that reason was visiting GF.

So they instructed him he needed a Imm O,and he had a copy of her ID in his bag.

So i reckon Perth is still good.

Thanks jumparound. So you were probably given multi-entry Non-O on the basis of Thai child.

The other guy, with Thai gf, do you know if he got single or multiple entry Non-O?

Edited by thaiphoon

That posting is here

But it is not clear on what basis the member applied for Non-O (maybe he said staying with thai gf, hence they asked for id) or what documents were presented/what documents the consulate specifically asked for. The poster has not come back to us...

From that post it was not even clear whether the consulate asked for a copy "some bird's" ID or Thai passport or whether he submitted it without being asked for it. Also, the poster did not say what he indicated as purpose of the trip on the visa application form, which is the reason why I have not added it to the list of latest visas obtained in the region.

--

Maestro

We may never know as I don't believe too many people would make that trip just to see what will happen.

Of course, it's not going to cost anything but travel and board - the visas are free...........

The way they've only been giving out stamps to the odd few people (when they've been told to refuse back to back visas outright) reads that they have every intention of keeping it a visa factory to me. How much money do you think the Laos government makes in $35 dollar Laos visas EVERYDAY because of the Thai visa factory? How many go there a day on visa runs? 200? That's $7000 A DAY ($35,000 for a five day week) to the Laos government, you think the Thais in charge don't receive a cut of that to keep the floodgates open?

Open your eyes my friend.

Edited by Yimmy

Of course, it's not going to cost anything but travel and board - the visas are free...........

The way they've only been giving out stamps to the odd few people (when they've been told to refuse back to back visas outright) reads that they have every intention of keeping it a visa factory to me. How much money do you think the Laos government makes in $35 dollar Laos visas EVERYDAY because of the Thai visa factory? How many go there a day on visa runs? 200? That's $7000 A DAY ($35,000 for a five day week) to the Laos government, you think the Thais in charge don't receive a cut of that to keep the floodgates open?

Open your eyes my friend.

I won't argue with that, though the numbers you stated is much lower than the actual ones. However what I think, it is a government to government policy rather than a cut to the one on charge.

Have you noticed that Laos in fact is the only boardering country which enjoy some kind of honeymoon with Thailand without any real problem (especially the geographic or territory one).

Have you noticed that where ever Laos has no diplomatic relation or office (embassy/consulate), Thailand act as their representatives.

Then it is no wonder that Thailand is trying to help them indirectly by doing just like that (make Laos a visa destination).

Now if this is the case, then why the embassy is giving the red stamp?

Well the answer is: as the cracking down on back to back visa is applying to every Thai embassy or consulate, it must not exempt Thai embassy in Laos, but in a way that is not to be in a big scale, which will hurt Laos significantly.

So they randomly give some the red stamp to show that the law is served, however who is the unlucky ones who get it, and who is the lucky ones who did not get it, or in another word, how this system works is the real question?

Bishop

Now if this is the case, then why the embassy is giving the red stamp?

Well the answer is: as the cracking down on back to back visa is applying to every Thai embassy or consulate, it must not exempt Thai embassy in Laos, but in a way that is not to be in a big scale, which will hurt Laos significantly.

So they randomly give some the red stamp to show that the law is served, however who is the unlucky ones who get it, and who is the lucky ones who did not get it, or in another word, how this system works is the real question?

Bishop

Yes, and there is NOTHING to signify that those who do get a red stamp, will not get a visa next time of asking. No one has been refused as of yet (like they should be), and the stamp says 'may not' get one next time.

A big panic over nothing. Just wait and see.

Plus the visas are free so those who do get a stamp, only have to pay for travel and board in 6 months time to find out, that can probably be done for as little as 3,500 baht for the real skin-flints.

A big panic over nothing.

There will be a few people with brown trousers if you are wrong ... only time will tell.

Plus the visas are free ....

Actually, only the single entry visa should be free. Vientiane in the only place in the region that issues double entry free of charge. Special relationship with Thailand? Hmm ...

My Last 2 trips to Perth was for Tourist Visas, as I don't work & I'm getting to know Perth well.

I was in Perth only a few weeks ago and got a multi 1yr A$225. (ONLY OPEN TUES & THURS)

(Make sure you check public holidays, especially with Xmas just around the corner.)

Visa Application

Add Current address of Hotel in Perth where you will stay

Add Permanent address in Thailand of partner

Additional Form

Wouldn't hurt to say you will not be working and will be getting medical or dental work done during your stay in Thailand.

Letter from partner to say she/he will garantor if you do not have funds to support yourself.

Copy of partners ID or Passport + signed by partner! (I gave both)

Go early 9am at open you may even collect same day as I did and had 2 free days.

Pick-up between 1-4pm (8th Floor) There is a Lounge in Lobby G Floor if you go early.

Download Other Forms

Backpackers here

I stayed here as it's only 2 blocks from Consulate

Good Luck! p.s Airasia via Kuala Lumpur to Perth cheapest.

Edited by LindsayBKK

I somehow accidentally found this thread: Could you provide some more information about the visa you are talking about here? If I understand you right, one can go to Vientiane and get a 5-months double-entry visa for Thailand there without having to bring any documents beside the name of a friend he is visiting? Is it that easy?

Yes, and there is NOTHING to signify that those who do get a red stamp, will not get a visa next time of asking.

You mean asides from the government announcement of a crackdown?

No one has been refused as of yet (like they should be), and the stamp says 'may not' get one next time.

They very presence of a red stamp would suggest that the crackdown is being rolled out, and the words 'may not' can hardly be translated as "No problem"

A big panic over nothing. Just wait and see.

Maybe, maybe not but changes of this nature do have a history of being enforced. Either way it'll be best to make contingency plans in-case don't you think?

Plus the visas are free so those who do get a stamp, only have to pay for travel and board in 6 months time to find out, that can probably be done for as little as 3,500 baht for the real skin-flints.

Sounds fine, except if they where to be refused a visa to Thailand then the journey will become more than just a border trip wouldn't it?

I somehow accidentally found this thread: Could you provide some more information about the visa you are talking about here? If I understand you right, one can go to Vientiane and get a 5-months double-entry visa for Thailand there without having to bring any documents beside the name of a friend he is visiting? Is it that easy?

The previous poster was talking about obtaining 12 month non-O visa from Perth.

You can obtain double entry tourist visa from Vientianne. They are currently free of charge. You will get 60 day permission to stay on arrival. Before expiry you can extend visa for further 30 days at Thai immigration, fee 1,900 baht. At 90 days you need to do border run and re-enter Thailand to activate second 60 day stay. Then extend again by 30 days at Thai immigration. That would give you nearly 6 months stay. You would need to obtain re-entry permit (fee 1,000 baht) if you leave Thailand during 60/30 day periods to keep your permission to stay stamp alive (or visa becomes cancelled).

You can obtain double entry tourist visa from Vientianne.

Are there any specific requirements or documents they require?

You will get 60 day permission to stay on arrival.

By land or air or both?

1) No, just complete application form. Remember passport photos. Drop off at embassy morning day 1, collect in afternoon day 2. Search the forum; there is a lot of information about travelling to the embassy and where to stay.

2) 60 day permission to stay by land or air entry

So if I understand you right I do not even need an airplane ticket back or a certain amount on my bank account like I would need when applying for a tourist visa somewhere else (see below the quote from the main website of ThaiVisa.com)?

http://www.thaivisa.com/immigration/visa/tourist-visa.html

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Air ticket paid in full

- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

go to ur embassy and get a new passport...

then go out and apply for new visa...

(stamp out LOS in new pass)

I wouldn't bet on that method -- they ARE using computers at immigration. Any half-wit writing software for them would include a field for "special comments", let alone visualize visa time-lines. You might be in luck with a new passport if the software writers were quarter-wits :D

(full-wit software writer writing this :) )

So if I understand you right I do not even need an airplane ticket back or a certain amount on my bank account like I would need when applying for a tourist visa somewhere else (see below the quote from the main website of ThaiVisa.com)?
http://www.thaivisa.com/immigration/visa/tourist-visa.html

2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months

- Visa application form completely filled out

- One recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant

- Air ticket paid in full

- Financial means (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Consular officers reserve the rights to request for additional documents as deemed necessary

1) Do not need air ticket at Vientianne - at some embassies/consulates in the region you do.

2) Immigration may ask for evidence of money to support yourself whilst in the Kingdom, but is rarely asked for. Just take ATM card with you so you can access some cash in the very unlikely event you are asked.

Another option is an ED visa, please talk to people who have it, easy life, no more worries, no more visa runs, improved status in Thailand and you get to learn something too. You can stay in Thailand on an ED visa for years.

Walen School - every nationality can apply

www.thaiwalen.com

Sorry, second attempt..

My computer...

ok, explain this then: if one pays the various fees, how much is total since I donot really want to learn Thai after about 23-25 years HERE as it has advantages and disadvantages(!). I tend to understand what I want to(g)....

If the thai I am involved with gets lets say difficult, up to them to arange a translator...

I am 65, just get fed up sticking money in a Thai bank while I can use it better elsewhere the way I want it...

Also I pay for 2 of my kid's studiyng in university.. Other problem is, I live in phuket and HOW sure are you that this whole getaround doesn't get cancelled as soon as the goverment REALLY realizes what happens...

Doesnt matter what you call it but these language schemes are just a scam to evade the normal regulations....