Thai Real Estate Ads Online

I've so far been impressed with Bhat&Sold's classifieds, but Sunbelt's real estate site I've lost track of, and a few others apparently don't know there's life beyond Sukhumvit.

Anyone have any online listings with photos and at least some english?

Thanks

cv

I've so far been impressed with Bhat&Sold's classifieds, but Sunbelt's real estate site I've lost track of, and a few others apparently don't know there's life beyond Sukhumvit.

Thanks

cv

Not much English on either of these Sites I am afraid, but they do have a lot of property advertised, particularly the first one:

http://www.asungha.com

http://home.pantipmarket.com/

Other sites with more English content:

http://www.palmtreehomes.net/homepage.htm

http://www.thaiproperty.com/

Patrick

www.aacondo.com

www.thaiproperty.com

www.fairproperties.com

www.kcrhomefinder.com

www.realestatethailand.com

www.real-estate-thailand.com

www.palgroupthai.com

www.pattayapropertyfinder.com

www.thailandrealestatemagazin.com

http://thaiwebsites.com/propertiespattaya.asp

should keep you going for a while, they all worked last time I tried.

For repos try Kasikorn Bank at:

http://www.kasikornbank.com/PropertyForSal...,0-EN-1,00.html

if the page comes up in Thai, click the English button at the top of the page.

They have listings by province.

Thats a good one . Most Thai banks with a webpage have a " repo section " Bangkok bank , ect. Might be able to get a deal too , as their stuck with the house

I tried the Kasikorn, Bangkok bank repo section.

In Thailand banks don't have to write off losses on their repossessed properties. The prices you will see will be the same as when the house was brand new. I have been to a couple of them and they were in a terrible state. When priced for 4 Mb and you still have to renovate is a bit too much so we offered a substantial lower amount. The banks representative just gave a blank look and said that is impossible.

The reason it is impossible is that when it is sold at "market value" (actually there is no such thing as market value, every one wants to get more money than they paid for it) the bank makes a loss. If they don't sell it is in the books for the full amount forever. No wonder everything went belly up in 1997, probably will happen again when things like this are not changed.

When you look at the prices you can see a rental and a for sale price. The rent is about 1/30 of the sale price per year. Unfortunately the longest contract possible with the bank is 3 years. Guess why, yep then they don't have to register the lease at the landoffice and of course they still have a remote possibility they can sell it.

This country really needs a lot of work done in these respects. It is very susceptible to tax avoidance and criminal acts.

I looked in Bangkok for a "shophouse". Buying 6 Mb renting 15.000 per month. You don't have to be a calculation wonder to see renting is a much better option. Next door same building same size same quality it was 4 Mb and 8000 per month. :o

A lot of owners are dreaming big numbers, strange thing is they almost never go down. Probably have money enough already. And their properties are just sitting there empty for years and years.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

In Thailand banks don't have to write off losses on their repossessed properties. The prices you will see will be the same as when the house was brand new. I have been to a couple of them and they were in a terrible state. When priced for 4 Mb and you still have to renovate is a bit too much so we offered a substantial lower amount. The banks representative just gave a blank look and said that is impossible.

The reason it is impossible is that when it is sold at "market value" (actually there is no such thing as market value, every one wants to get more money than they paid for it) the bank makes a loss. If they don't sell it is in the books for the full amount forever. No wonder everything went belly up in 1997, probably will happen again when things like this are not changed.

When you look at the prices you can see a rental and a for sale price. The rent is about 1/30 of the sale price per year. Unfortunately the longest contract possible with the bank is 3 years. Guess why, yep then they don't have to register the lease at the landoffice and of course they still have a remote possibility they can sell it.

This country really needs a lot of work done in these respects. It is very susceptible to tax avoidance and criminal acts.

I looked in Bangkok for a "shophouse". Buying 6 Mb renting 15.000 per month. You don't have to be a calculation wonder to see renting is a much better option. Next door same building same size same quality it was 4 Mb and 8000 per month. :o 

A lot of owners are dreaming big numbers, strange thing is they almost never go down. Probably have money enough already. And their properties are just sitting there empty for years and years.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

That makes no sense at all .

Looking as I am for Chaing Mai (Though I do appreciate the input from other areas), I think Baht&Sold has the best listings. Many others seem to be pretty much fenced inside the Sukhumvit area, or at least Bangkok. I like Sunbelt's search setup, and I hope they start reaching out and getting listings up north *hint, hint*. :o

cv

I like Sunbelt's search setup, and I hope they start reaching out and getting listings up north *hint, hint*.  :o

Thanks. will see what we can do.

We just rented a apartment for 26,000 Baht. Two bedroom/2 Bath house with swimming pool and huge garden in Lower Suk. The selling price? Recently the landlord had turned down 30 million Baht and where it is located, I can believe it. So you tell me. In the States this would rent for over 300,000 Baht per month using the 1% rule. In this case, it was much smarter to rent than buy...not even close to a decision.

www.property.th.com

We recently upgraded our site, worth checking out. 

http://www.property.th.com

You seem to have some problems with your search function. One of the search parameters is size in sq. feet, but the size recorded on the properties are in sq. meters. So if as an example you are searching for an apartment with a size of at least 500 sq. feet, the few results you get are mostly those apartments, where the size is actually recorded in sq. feet (although they are erroneously indicated as being in sq.meters). The result being, that most of the properties that actually meet the criteria, aren't displayed.

The obvious solution to the problem would be to change the criteria in the search function to sq.meters, which would be of more use to most of the world anyway. Just remember to change the data on the properties as well (only those with erroneous daa of course).

It is also very annoying that data has to be resend every time you return to the list after viewing one of the properties. Furthermore the search criteria "more than 1 billion" in the "Price range" drop down, doesn't actually give you properties with a price tag of more than one billion baht. Instead the result (as far as I can determine) is all properties, so why not write that instead?

Lastly a couple of small suggestions: It would be nice if it were possible to select more than one criteria in the "Property type" and the "location" drop-downs. As it is now you have the choice not to select any criteria (which will give you results you are not interested in), or you have to do multiple searches. And the "Property for" radiobuttons should be changed to checkboxes. As it is now you can search for both properties for "sale" and "rent" (which is really a "checkbox functionality"), as neither is checked when entering the search screen. But once you have selected one of the options yourself, you cannot get back to the searching for both (because of the use of radiobuttons).

My suggestions are meant to be constructive (not negative criticism), please accept them at such. And you are of course more than welcome to ignore them :o

Sophon

Looking as I am for Chaing Mai (Though I do appreciate the input from other areas), I think Baht&Sold has the best listings.

Most sites are very location specific, so which sites are good mostly depends on what area you are looking in. Since you are looking in Chiang Mai, here are another couple of suggestions:

http://www.professionals.co.th/ENG/

http://www.chiangmairealty.com/

Sophon

Amazing Thailand indeed.

That makes no sense at all .

Actually from the banks point of view it makes perfect sense. To ensure the safety of the customers deposits, the banks are required to have a certain solvency rate (the banks capital base in proportion to the total liabilities). If the repossessed properties were listed in the books at their real market value, the banks would have to raise additional responsible capital, and such capital is relatively expensive for the bank, and would affect it's profitability.

Of course keeping assets in the books at unrealistic inflated levels will not work in the long run, as highlighted by the serious problems the Japanese banking sector have been having the last decade or so. They also kept (and still keep) assets (in that case underperforming loans) in the books at an unrealistic value.

Sophon

Sophon,

Great stuff! Thank you VERY much. I have a full time web designer on payroll so any other comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Greg

www.property.th.com

Happy to be of service. I'm glad you accepted my suggestions in the spirit they were intended. I really didn't mean for my post to sound negative and have no wish to be at odds with anyone, neither in real life nor in cyberspace.

Sophon

Here's what is probably the best realestate site in Thailand:

http://www.baanforsale.com/

Unfortunately it's in Thai, but if you can get a Thai friend to read it for you, it's worth while looking here.

I'll confirm what the others said about the banks. I was looking for a repo and didn't really get anywhere. The way the banks operate make very little sense by western standards. The only way you can do ok with a repo would be if you knew someone high up who worked at the bank!

• 2 years later...

Thanks

cv

Why not try www.siamrealestate.com