Lambretta Series Iii In Phuket, Or Maybe Bkk

Shooter

I am looking for a good condition Series III Lambretta (with book), ideally in Phuket, but understand I´ll probably have to go to BKK. Anybody have any ideas or contacts? I have looked at Saigon Scooter Centre (as their BKK website keeps redirecting me there) but no idea on rules about Viet reg plates in Thailand. There seem to be enough people (not masses, admittedly) with lambo´s around, but can´t find any for sale. Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Just sold a racing 225 in UK and miss it sorely!

Only a lambretta S3 ?? Known for a few Vespa 150's go..

Various people keep asking me to find them, I hunt around, and when they get a 60 or 70 price they humm and haa and get cold feet, people seem to expect them to be legit clean ones at nuovo money !!

I know some Thai guys who do Vespa work. Might be able to find a Lambretta if your actively hunting and know that they are not cheap.

Have a friend in Prachiburi who has a Lammie shop..can most likely get whatever ya want.

Onyt- 089-0949998 Vespa & Lambretta Service

Tell 'em John ( Vespa ) told ya to call.

( He just had a 1961 Li175 for sale.. unknown on green book, 135k )

As LivinLOS said..Vespa and Lammies are NOT cheap..

For what it's worth...

Prices for a Vespa/ Lambretta start from around 35k for a Vespa 50cc and up to around 120k for a 150 ( I got lucky and bought a P200E for 65k in Chiang Mai, mechanically clean and with a register book ) Lammies can start from 50k up to around 140k depending on the year...

Normally you will only get a register book from someone selling them out of a shop, not from a private seller ( I was lucky as I stated...)

To ride a bit of history is gunna cost ya...

Choc Dii

post-46099-1255343316_thumb.jpg

I paid 110,000 baht for my 1962 TV175 with green book. Along with the correct IGM frame number the frame also has an additional Thai customs stamp that verifies that import duty was paid when it was originally imported into the country.

I spent a further 140,000 baht on Italian parts including a new 186cc Mugello cylinder kit, GP MERC race crank, Dellorto carb, Ancillotti exhaust full bare metal respray and a nut and bolt rebuild. It took 1 year to complete, finding proper Italian parts is not easy, don't buy any Indian or Vietnam parts crap they have to be Italian or your defeating the whole point of having a proper 60's classic scooter!

I spent much more then what i should have as it seems to go on forever, it's amazing how many parts come off a Lambretta so be warned! Whatever you think its going to cost double it! import duty, courier fees etc etc. I spent a whole day at the Thai customs when one of the many boxes of parts arrived, they were prodding the cylinder kit looking at me looking then the parts and didn't know how to price the duty, in the end i had to pay 7,000 baht just to get my parts and be on my way, what can you do? pay or not pay "up to you!"

At the end of the day its not really about the money it's about something you really love so if you spend a bit more then what you should so what!

This is where i got all my parts from imported to Thailand, beware of import duty! I thoroughly recommend these suppliers for original and Casa parts.

riminilambrettacentre.com (original Vigano, Metalplast, BIEMME accessories)

mugello.co.uk

casalambrettausa.com

This is the scooter finished, taxed and insured, safe to drive and on the road, it wasnt easy getting there but if your determined you can do it!

tv175.jpg

I spent much more then what i should have as it seems to go on forever, it's amazing how many parts come off a Lambretta so be warned! Whatever you think its going to cost double it! import duty, courier fees etc etc. I spent a whole day at the Thai customs when one of the many boxes of parts arrived, they were prodding the cylinder kit looking at me looking then the parts and didn't know how to price the duty, in the end i had to pay 7,000 baht just to get my parts and be on my way, what can you do? pay or not pay "up to you!"

At the end of the day its not really about the money it's about something you really love so if you spend a bit more then what you should so what!

This is where i got all my parts from imported to Thailand, beware of import duty! I thoroughly recommend these suppliers for original and Casa parts.

If you only paid 7K tax for all the parts its very cheap. I have been buying parts for my Harley via Ebay/USA and is always charged 30% when picking up in the post office.

Yes if it is something you really love never mind about the money.

Can you get an class A insurance on 250K on your Lambretta? Would be a bloddy shame if somebody nicked it.

Only a lambretta S3 ?? Known for a few Vespa 150's go..

Various people keep asking me to find them, I hunt around, and when they get a 60 or 70 price they humm and haa and get cold feet, people seem to expect them to be legit clean ones at nuovo money !!

I know some Thai guys who do Vespa work. Might be able to find a Lambretta if your actively hunting and know that they are not cheap.

That kind of price isn't a problem, my priority is the condition and paperwork - and minimum chasing around to get it all in place! I'd be grateful if you kept your ears open. Cheers.

Have a friend in Prachiburi who has a Lammie shop..can most likely get whatever ya want.

That's great - thanks for the tip. I'll give him a call.

I know they're not cheap but now I've sold mine I want another one - I'll live with the price, or get used to it, anyway

I paid 110,000 baht for my 1962 TV175 with green book. Along with the correct IGM frame number the frame also has an additional Thai customs stamp that verifies that import duty was paid when it was originally imported into the country.

I spent a further 140,000 baht on Italian parts including a new 186cc Mugello cylinder kit, GP MERC race crank, Dellorto carb, Ancillotti exhaust full bare metal respray and a nut and bolt rebuild. It took 1 year to complete, finding proper Italian parts is not easy, don't buy any Indian or Vietnam parts crap they have to be Italian or your defeating the whole point of having a proper 60's classic scooter!

riminilambrettacentre.com (original Vigano, Metalplast, BIEMME accessories)

mugello.co.uk

casalambrettausa.com

This is the scooter finished, taxed and insured, safe to drive and on the road, it wasnt easy getting there but if your determined you can do it!

tv175.jpg

Good stuff - thanks for the info. Looks like its been a Labour of Love but a bloody good result - you must be chuffed. Looks very conservative from the outside but has the guts. Where did you find the basic scoot?

I hear you about spending the money - once I get going on a project I can't think about the wonga - the light at the end of the tunnel is the finished article, in my mind.

That's great - thanks for the tip. I'll give him a call.

I know they're not cheap but now I've sold mine I want another one - I'll live with the price, or get used to it, anyway

His english is limited. I've told him that I posted on here and he might get a call from a farang looking for a Lammie..so if ya have someone who can habla, or if you speak Thai..he's expecting a call.

Good luck and may all your dreams come true!