Stupid Question

SteveK

Unless a farang is young and good looking they would have a very tough time picking up at a normal Thai club...

That short Singha shirt, shorts and slippers wearing everywhere, not showered and shaved for days type asking a beautiful well to do Thai female, who certainly does not look like a b/g or similar, which he sees somewhere in public by chance, for a date by saying "I will pay for the dinner" will never give up here. :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless a farang is young and good looking they would have a very tough time picking up at a normal Thai club...

That short Singha shirt, shorts and slippers wearing everywhere, not showered and shaved for days type asking a beautiful well to do Thai female, who certainly does not look like a b/g or similar, which he sees somewhere in public by chance, for a date by saying "I will pay for the dinner" will never give up here. :)

It's hard to ruin the thaivisa fantasy of a guy with below average looks and no social or thai language skills coming to Thailand and landing the dream date with a tall leggy thai-chinese astrophysicist.

It's hard to ruin the thaivisa fantasy of a guy with below average looks and no social or thai language skills coming to Thailand and landing the dream date with a tall leggy thai-chinese astrophysicist.

Now you know the trick. :D

There's a fairly well researched sociological principle (but I don't have references, I'm afraid) whereby any city or large town that has a "high" proportion of single people appears to have a lot more women than men.

It's believed to be caused by the fact that women, when they have the choice, generally like to be out being seen and socializing whereas single men spend a relatively small amount of time out socializing and the rest doing a variety of other things, such as watching TV with take-out food, pursuing hobbies, playing computer games or fiddling with cars / motorbikes.

This can be seen quite clearly in cities such as Berlin and Frankfurt (allegedly the first and second most "single" cities in Europe, having unmarried percentages of the population close to 50%) where a night out can give one the impression that the city is made up mostly of women.

On top of this Thailand has its own peculiarities, such as the migration of young women from rural areas to the cities for the entertainment and service industries, plus the natural social curiosity of girls and women which means that even in an entirely innocent setting (such as visiting a visiting a Thai GF's rural relatives) you'll tend to see more women than men.