Looking For Apartment In Bkk For 1 Month

djlowz

Hi all, I'm coming back to Bangkok in early December and am only staying for a Month. During that time I would like to stay in a reasonably priced apartment, preferably 2 bedroom with a gym and pool, location is not too much of an issue - somewhere around suk/silom or close to khao san would be good. Price range 10,000-15,000 baht. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Edited by djlowz

Hi all, I'm coming back to Bangkok in early December and am only staying for a Month. During that time I would like to stay in a reasonably priced apartment, preferably 2 bedroom with a gym and pool, location is not too much of an issue - somewhere around suk/silom or close to khao san would be good. Price range 10,000-15,000 baht. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

Hi

I had a hel_l of a time finding a priced 1-month rental in BKK. No one wants to deal with 1 monthers, and the rental industry is geared toward 1 year leases with large deposits. There are a few thai property brokers whom will rent on a 1 month basis but they all require a huge two month deposit ++. I would be very wary about giving anyone a deposit that large in BKK and expecting to get it back, unless the landlord lives on the property or the rental company has a great reputation. I've had friends who have got ripped off this way.

My best advice would be to rent a hotel room for the first few nights and take a look around, there are bargains to be had if you shop around and pound the pavement a little.

Hi all, I'm coming back to Bangkok in early December and am only staying for a Month. During that time I would like to stay in a reasonably priced apartment, preferably 2 bedroom with a gym and pool, location is not too much of an issue - somewhere around Suk/Silom or close to khao san would be good. Price range 10,000-15,000 baht. Any suggestions? Thanks guys.

IMO in Suk/Silom area you won't find nothing in that price range. You may have a chance on Sukhumvit Soi 71.

Khao Sarn (Banglampoo) - I have my doubts too.

You can rent serviced appartments monthly but most exceed your budget.

Try a free classified ad on Thaivisa.

Thaidiver has given a good advise. Stay in a hotel for a few days and look around.

My friend rented an apartment near Khaosan for less than that. Sorry I don't know the name or the deposit situation but she took it for 4 months while she was travelling. She was hardly ever there but it was a pretty nice apartment and had a really nice view of the new bridge across the river. It is in one of the sois just south of Bank of Thailand on Samsen. I think their prices were around 6-10k/month - she was paying around 7k

You could try these http://www.km-riverside.com/ it maybe a little far out from the centre for you. but they should have completed a tram like bus direct to the sky train by now. the apartments can be monthly rental and are reasonably comfortable kitchen air con. crap gym but reasonable swimming pool. ect ect. Probably best you look at them though as just as I was leaving they were splitting the 2 bedroom aparts into 1 beds, with the normal thai paper thin partitions. Ask about renovation? Ps I was paying 11000 for a small 1 bed apart

Edited by rijit

I think if you consider 25-30k for December you will have a response and a place to go when you arrive. My condo should be around 13k mo but for 1 time 1 mo and Dec 30k would be minimum. Good luck