Australian Con Man In Jail

prefabs

There is an extraordinary story running on the front 2 pages of the current Pattaya Times about an alleged Conman , Lance Shaw, who has allegedly swindled many expats out of life savings etc. His fraudulent empire appears to stretch as far as Spain, according to the reports. Reports of more than a million dollars are mentioned.

What makes it extraordinary is that his victims have been visiting him in Nong Palai so often. However, more extraordinary than this, it seems that some of the victims were confused by a mail from a "local media baron" which appears to implicate another company, whose managing director has now denied all knowledge of Mr Shaw. He shall remain nameless as he is not responding to requests for a statement.

Mind you, other pieces of the article seem to infer that all is not sweetness and light in the Pattaya Media Circus.

Is there anyone out there who can add anything to this Seems to be only one local paper on this story

There is an extraordinary story running on the front 2 pages of the current Pattaya Times about an alleged Conman , Lance Shaw, who has allegedly swindled many expats out of life savings etc. His fraudulent empire appears to stretch as far as Spain, according to the reports. Reports of more than a million dollars are mentioned.

What makes it extraordinary is that his victims have been visiting him in Nong Palai so often. However, more extraordinary than this, it seems that some of the victims were confused by a mail from a "local media baron" which appears to implicate another company, whose managing director has now denied all knowledge of Mr Shaw. He shall remain nameless as he is not responding to requests for a statement.

Mind you, other pieces of the article seem to infer that all is not sweetness and light in the Pattaya Media Circus.

Is there anyone out there who can add anything to this Seems to be only one local paper on this story

Before the rumours start to spread, I can confirm that me (Howard Miller) and Pattaya One News are in no way involved in the allegations made in the Pattaya Times Newspaper. That should narrow the field down a bit!!!

Before the rumours start to spread, I can confirm that me (Howard Miller) and Pattaya One News are in no way involved in the allegations made in the Pattaya Times Newspaper. That should narrow the field down a bit!!!

Mr Miller, you are hardly a media baron, are you?

Correct...more of a legend in the field of local news broadcasting here in Pattaya

Howard,

You are a legend in Pattaya!

How you manage to do all the adverts (despite different echo affects) the news, weather and all the TV features all on your own is very impressive.

Keep up the good work.

You're not Rupert Murdock but you put your heart into it and thats good enough for me.

Howard,

How you manage to do all the adverts (despite different echo affects) the news, weather and all the TV features all on your own is very impressive.

Keep up the good work.

You're not Rupert Murdock but you put your heart into it and thats good enough for me.

I am just a normal guy trying to make an honest buck in a far away country and trying to have a bit of fun in the process.

Howard,

Keep up the good work.

I am just a normal guy trying to make an honest buck in a far away country and trying to have a bit of fun in the process.

I wonder how many on here could truthfully say that howard.

Keep on with what you are doing i am sure it is satisfying work although not 100% of the time.

Howard,

Keep up the good work.

I totally agree with TAFFYLEE, but he forgot to mention that Howard Miller, besides extremely good looking, is also a totally honest chap, who wear his heart on his sleeve. Known him for a number of years and he beats the other so-called Ptty-Media-Barons hands-down ! !

JGK/Pattaya

Edited by jaapfries

This has turned into an orgy of Howardlove. Getting married has obviously brought him a change of luck.

However, the original post was not about Howard, more of a con man getting aided and abetted by another local shyster. The BKK papers and Andrew Drummond have been on to this story, but only the Pattaya Times (one out of at least 4 Pattaya Papers) seems to have an angle here.

How come?

This has turned into an orgy of Howardlove. Getting married has obviously brought him a change of luck.

However, the original post was not about Howard, more of a con man getting aided and abetted by another local shyster. The BKK papers and Andrew Drummond have been on to this story, but only the Pattaya Times (one out of at least 4 Pattaya Papers) seems to have an angle here.

How come?

Okay; you are right ! Does anyone know the name of the "another local shyster" who was allegedly aiding & abetting the main culprit ? It was not, by any chance, a Cyprus-born Austalian chap, was it ? ?

:) PS: I quite like this "Howardlove" phenomena :D

Edited by jaapfries

How come?

Okay; you are right ! Does anyone know the name of the "another local shyster" who was allegedly aiding & abetting the main culprit ? It was not, by any chance, a Cyprus-born Austalian chap, was it ? ?

:) PS: I quite like this "Howardlove" phenomena :D

Not unless Cyprus is in Denmark

Doesn't this feud mirror the Pataya Expats Club and Expats Club of Pattaya schism??!

I wasn't aware of that feud, maybe I"ll find out about it sometime.

Maybe does, maybe doesn't. But will this help the victims get their money back?

Howard,

Keep up the good work.

I wonder how many on here could truthfully say that howard.

Keep on with what you are doing i am sure it is satisfying work although not 100% of the time.

I take offense at that. There are probably quite a lot of us, the only difference is we dont shout about it.

Rupert Murdoch had to start somewhere

• 2 weeks later...
Really?? Australina con man?? I thought only Thai people do such things.. At lease this is what I learned on this forum

Now don't you go worrying about anything like that. Those nasty Australina con man will get taken care of by the police.

Mean while, have I got a deal for you. I've just come into possession of the deeds to a very nice bridge..............