Sponsor A Child To Oz

This is a new requirement for the 309 and 100 sub class visas to Oz.

If you are sponsoring your partner and her child/children for the above visas, you will be required to obtain and submit a Federal Police Clearance (National Police Clearance)

Dont know if this applies to the short stay visas as yet....hopefully someone will inform us.

My friend is an immigration agent and the following is the reasons for such info. I agree totally with this security rule.

This is a new requirement as follows and why :-

The Australian Government considers the safety of children is paramount and is strengthening the policies around the sponsorship of minors for visas. In particular it wishes to ensure that children migrating to Australia are protected from high risk situations, such as when the sponsor has convictions or outstanding charges for offences of a sexual or violent nature and it is likely the child will be residing with that sponsor. Consequently the Australian Government has introduced a requirement that when an applicant under the age of 18 is included in an application for a Child or Partner category visa, the sponsor is to provide an Australian National Police Check (NPC). The information contained in the NPC will assist the Department to determine whether there is any compelling reason to believe that the grant of the visa would not be in the best interests of the visa applicant

If you are sponsoring your partner and her child/children for the above visas, you will be required to obtain and submit a Federal Police Clearance (National Police Clearance)

Dont know if this applies to the short stay visas as yet....hopefully someone will inform us.

I'm currently going through the same process and had the same request from our case officer at the embassy.

Do you know if it is possible to apply for NPC from outside Australia (via email for example) as I'm currently in Thailand with my family? Otherwise I will have to wait for my return to Oz which means our application will be delayed.

Cheers!

I'm currently going through the same process and had the same request from our case officer at the embassy.

Do you know if it is possible to apply for NPC from outside Australia (via email for example) as I'm currently in Thailand with my family? Otherwise I will have to wait for my return to Oz which means our application will be delayed.

Cheers!

download the form from here

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/national_police_checks#forms

The cost is $43........I would include a stamped self addressed envelope.

Am I reading this correctly?

You are in Australia, living with your Thai wife who is here on a 309 awaiting the 100 Visa and you further wish to bring her child at a later date than her initial approval.............and you need to get this NPC?

Am I reading this correctly?

You are in Australia, living with your Thai wife who is here on a 309 awaiting the 100 Visa and you further wish to bring her child at a later date than her initial approval.............and you need to get this NPC?

Yes he does. if he is bringing the child over at the same time as the mother......If he brings the child over on a separate visa at a later date he will need to do it before he brings the child over.

Edited by gburns57au