Vent! - Thaivisa Men

eek

Interesting what the men focus on in eek's post. Let me quote her again, so that we can all be sure of what we are talking about;

But yet, there is still the same nasty generalisations about Thai women, Thai men, other Westerners, etc, etc.

Hmmmm.........

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, here we go again. I don't see eek single out only women at all & western women not at all. But it amuses none the less that 2 of the expected posters have attempted to direct the topic to western women YET again. How very droll. Keep on the actual topic please instead of trying to turn this into yet another boring rant against women on any nationality. Oh & as for the pms thing, just cause your mum, sister, wife etc is one of the lucky ones who doesn't experience it, doesn't detract from the fact that it is a real thing, it does cause problems & it has been around since the day women existed.

I regularly read on three forums on the internet. One is ThaiVisa, of course, one is a military forum, and one is an American football forum.

The military one is the most "civilized," if I can use that phrase.  There seems to be very little discontent, very little flaming, very few nasty generalizations.

The football forum is quite different with a huge amount of personal flame attacks, a rather large amount of derogatory posts in the misogynistic vein, and discontent enough to fill a stadium.  While it has very little ethnic generalizations other than an ongoing one about racial abilities in playing certain positions, in other ways, it gets far worse than TV gets, in my opinion.

While this may not answer eeks's question as to why the nasty and negative posts occur in TV, I do think that this is not something isolated to TV or Thailand.