Bloody Flooding...

bkkmick

Hi

This morning I turned right into a big flood on Srinakorin road. I was driving (Kia Carnival) along and a pick up truck drove past quickly and I guess that the wake he created shoved some water up into my engine/electrics.

The car stalled and I was stuck in the middle of the road. I tried to restart it a few times but no luck. In the end I climbed out and started to push it to the side. From nowhere 3 great Thai guys appeared and helped my push it. It is now parked up at a car showroom.

My question Do you think that the car start again after sitting for a few hours or will I need a mechanic?

Cheers

Mick

Hi

This morning I turned right into a big flood on Srinakorin road. I was driving (Kia Carnival) along and a pick up truck drove past quickly and I guess that the wake he created shoved some water up into my engine/electrics.

The car stalled and I was stuck in the middle of the road. I tried to restart it a few times but no luck. In the end I climbed out and started to push it to the side. From nowhere 3 great Thai guys appeared and helped my push it. It is now parked up at a car showroom.

My question Do you think that the car start again after sitting for a few hours or will I need a mechanic?

Cheers

Mick

Start with changing the air filter. This is probably soaked. Or your ECU is fried. See other thread on "how deep etc."

You might be lucky and just need a new air filter. Costs <deleted> all.

If water has passed the air filter and has been ingested by one or more cylinders you will need to have the spark plugs removed and the engine turned over to expel the water before running the engine again. Water is non-compressible so if it's in a cylinder it will cause engine lock.