Hotel/guesthouse In Bkk For Less Than B1000 ?

markg

Thanks to everyone who posted helpful tips.

I will post a few of my own to help others.

I stayed for one night at the Woraburi on Sukumwit soi 4. It's a pretty honest 3 star hotel. The standard rate is around 1100b a night but i booked on agoda and got one night for about 750b which i think is worth it.

I tried to book the rest of my stay on agoda but the price had gone up to closer to 1000b.

There are some comments on Trip Adviser about the Woraburi saying the reception staff can be a bit abrupt which i indeed found to be the case

With regard to the Woraburi being Thai chick friendly. Well............they kinda are. If you turn up and book in with your Thai g/f or wife then there is no problem at all. However, if you want to take a girl back for one night, there is a sign in the lobby saying they have to leave their ID card AND have to pay an extra 300b. Just thought i'd let you know.

I found a guesthouse for 4 nights at 650b. It's on soi 4 opposite the Topsy Turvy School (about half way down soi 4)

The rooms are much bigger than the Woraburi but they smell slightly musty and the bed linen looked a bit grubby. I always take my own sheet-sleeping bag so i only sleep on top of hotel sheets.

It does have satellite TV in your room, fridge and aircon. Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the lobby. No restaurant.

It's called Orchid House.

Their Thai girl policy is that the girl leaves her ID card but there is no further charge, though obviously being a smallish guest house, you still have to run the gauntlet of the 'walk of shame' in the morning.

So i've been told anyway.

If you just want a place to crash that is conveniently situated, then 650 a night on soi 4 is pretty good i guess.

Hope this helps.

There is a simple way to avoid the 300Bt guest charge at the Woraburi. I'm afraid that it's been a long time since I stayed there (as I now live in Bangkok) and forgot to mention it.

When making your online booking you need to choose '2' when asked the number of people that will be in the room. The cost is the same. So then, when you take back your lady of the night, if asked, you can show them on your booking that it was for 2 people, they won't argue it as long as you've got the balls and face to point it out to them.