Auto Vs Truck

bellagrego

It would be helpful to determine some real data from owners out there, It's all bs from the manufacturers, Posted 12-20 on the new city, same on the vios. a lot of variables for sure but overall real use should be around 15. What is your opinion ? Same on the trucks. Can't get facts , just guesses.

If one factors in am 18% added cost for petrol due to government subsidies and price fixing, as well as the nearly 20% efficientcy of diesel engines over petrol, it appears it is a wash between the two in operating cost per km. In addition, the gross excise tax differiental of 28% to own an auto (35 cars, 7 trucks), seems to rule out cars completely. Your thoughts ? Insanity seems to dictate buyers choices by the manipulation of free market principals, and the control of pricing of fuels to achieve some advantage in a market for the trucks. An application of fairness balanced against enviromental issues would facilitate over all lower emissions by using autos to carry people with less weight and efficient turbo'diesel auto engines.

russ

Jes Louise Russ, your over thinking the whole thing! Unless your a high mileage user, a la taxi driver or commercial traveller the difference in fuel costs over a year aren't much. So pick a ride that looks cool and you like driving. it's that simple. :)

2006 yaris auto at 40 k km average 9-11 km/litre at 95 gasohol

2006 Vigo 3,0D4d auto 4x4 4 door at 60 k km average 9-12 km/litre

IOW fuel is less expensive for pickup. But runningcosts higher due to more maintanence and higher tax.

I enjoy driving and keep the speed up.

2006 Yaris is same as 2009 Vios engine and auto.

Vios, 7 liter per 100km on Highway and 10 liter per 100 km on Pattayas Traffic.

Ford Ranger, 11 liter per 100 km for Pattayas Traffic (never take the Pick Up for long trips.

Lexus ES 400, V8, 11 liter per 100km for long distance and 16 liter per 100km for Pattayas Traffic

The V8 still my favorite.

You see it's almost the same, so who cares. You have only one life, so live it.

Was watching a Top Gear episode recently were 2 cars were pitted against each other to check fuel economy. Really can't remember the details exactly but one car was a BMW M3 or 5 the other was a so called economical small car ( sorry, can't remember which )

Anyway, IIRC both cars had their tanks drained then a few litres of fuel added. Off goes the M3? with the small car in hot pursuit.... small car out of fuel first as I guess it's engine was working real had to stay with M3? which was obviously not being worked too hard. Fuel economy depends a lot on your driving style?

Agree with katabeachbum with regards to the vigo as I have same model though my bottom figure would be closer to 10km/pl than 9.

Was watching a Top Gear episode recently were 2 cars were pitted against each other to check fuel economy. Really can't remember the details exactly but one car was a BMW M3 or 5 the other was a so called economical small car ( sorry, can't remember which )

Anyway, IIRC both cars had their tanks drained then a few litres of fuel added. Off goes the M3? with the small car in hot pursuit.... small car out of fuel first as I guess it's engine was working real had to stay with M3? which was obviously not being worked too hard. Fuel economy depends a lot on your driving style?

Agree with katabeachbum with regards to the vigo as I have same model though my bottom figure would be closer to 10km/pl than 9.

For hours in 160kmh on highway Vigo does 8-9 km/l wether its loaded or not at 3000 rpm. very low fuelconsumption in my opinion. My 2008 Accord 2,4 does 7-8 km/l at same speed

Thanks to the serious responders on my inquiry. All of us don't have the luxury of unlimited funds. The data supplied by you guys is helpful to me and maybe others as well. I guess 30 years in business is responsible for my attention to details and cost. As I use to tell my buyers "Hold em down to what they ask for ".

I really don't do any city driving so the lower km/l are local driving. 2004 Nissan 3.0 liter diesel manual gets 15 km/l highway and 12 to 13 local. 2007 Ford Focus Ghia automatic gets 14 km/l highway and 9 to10 local driving.