Full Body Medical Scan Scam

rijb

Has anyone heard of a traveling “doctor” that does full body medical scans using just a laptop connected to a small camera and headphones. I know how ridiculous this sounds. But, Thais here are lining up to get these scans at 1100 baht a pop. After showing a realistic looking full body x-ray on the laptop, the doctor “prescribes” a number of very expensive “supplements” such as omegas, Q10, etc.

I’m looking for any articles on this scam, written in Thai and/or English. Thanks.

The only thing I could find on Medical scams anywhere near close to this was published on ThaiVisa in 2004 and it was about Fake Doctors.

Medical Scams: Beware Fake Physicians, Impersonators take advantage

Fake doctors usually move quite frequently to avoid being caught red-handed. And their favourite targets are part-time jobs at small, privately run medical institutions of a size somewhere between a clinic and a hospital.

Unless this mobile Doctor has a very expensive CT scanner attached to his/her computer, then it is a scam.

Has anyone heard of a traveling "doctor" that does full body medical scans using just a laptop connected to a small camera and headphones. I know how ridiculous this sounds. But, Thais here are lining up to get these scans at 1100 baht a pop. After showing a realistic looking full body x-ray on the laptop, the doctor "prescribes" a number of very expensive "supplements" such as omegas, Q10, etc.

I'm looking for any articles on this scam, written in Thai and/or English. Thanks.

check this site

http://infotech.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2896907.cms

I met one of the “body scanners” today. I asked politely for a body scan. She refused. She also refused to show me the machine. They sell supplements, mostly from the U.S., at about 4 times the price. This is a group of 4 people who travel from town to town. They’re on their way to Fang.