Buell Motorcycles------> R.i.p.

submaniac

HI

For you guys there dont know anything about Harley/Buell, they are not that bad and they can run fast

( i can feel it coming)

http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=23793

Took down Yamaha :)

Took down Suzuki :D

Took down Honda :D

Do i have to say more......

http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/events/standings.cfm?class=ds

i am ready for some excuses :D

Forgot: i can see that some people here have never tried a newer Harley, they are not bad at all, come and try mine with over 100hp build by a one legged biker, i know all the Jap bikes can take me if i wanted really fast i would buy one, btw i have had many of them also some spicial ones, Rickman Kawa, Egli Kawa, Eddie L Kawa, love Kawa, well enough for today

Edited by HDRIDER

This is Eriks fantasy bike. Now he can get one and not feel guilty!

post-63954-1255868864_thumb.jpg

This is also mbox's fantasy bike :D .....when will we be able to get it in LOS???

mbox

I have seen a SuperDuke , parked outside a condo in Jomtien.

I will be getting one soon , but in Singapore not Thailand, I have 20,000 SGD put aside for one :)

Another busted adventure into the specialty field. I rode those monsters as well as near everything produced on two wheels over the last 50 + years, ? This thing was domed from day 1 when Harley bought him out. It was just a weird attempt at customization of the old bucket Harleys. The thing handled goofy and unstable in every department. A lot of torque for sure but why bother on the poor old dated engine design. I sold my Harley stock the day after they pissed away some scratch on this loser. As to Harley in general. you just have to love em, ride em , to understand it. It is one ponderous pachyderm but a wonderful treasure to cruise the boulevard.

bella

• 3 weeks later...
The moment Harley-Davidson bought MV Augusta I told my g/f this is bye bye for Buell... Buell was never my thing, but it is a shame that H-D let them fall.

From the info I have, HD is also selling or stopping production on the MV Augusta: the American economy is simply dreadful right now.

Harleys are junk, slow and heavy

Oh, I don't know about that. My first bikes were all British, Triumph, BSA and Norton. Easy to do complete overhauls, fun to ride, light and quick...but no real top end. I'm talking 60's and 70's models, btw. Bought my first (and only) Harley in 1992: Sportster 1200 Custom Deluxe: $6500 US new.

Compared to the British bikes, it handled and motored like a Porsche. Had to install the lower handlebars, of course. Great torque, smooth tranny, took the corners like a Norton Commando on steroids. Just "smooth" compared to all my earlier rides.

Economic conditions (divorce) forced a sale...and when I had some cash built up a year later, (1996), the same bike was now $11,000! Yikes! So, riding home sad, unwilling to part with that kind of cash....I passed a Ducati dealer...decided to go in and look at Italian bikes I was sure I could not afford...and there was a 1995 M900 demo on sale, 400 miles on it: $10,000.

One ride, I never looked at another Harley again. Different reality on the Monster. But the Harley was great...for what it was. BTW: I didn't realize my Monster HAD a 6th gear for the first 1000 miles or so. Stupid me.