Fax Machine

howzat

Before I sold up and moved here in late 2003, I had a Panasonic, had it years the only thing that stopped working was the handset, never used the handset so no problem.. I did not bring it with me because my next one if I needed it would be a plain paper one..

18 months ago bought a new mode; HP Officejet J3500, after 7 weeks the 'scan' + 'copy' both stopped working, HP repalaced it with a brand new one, 4 months ago it would not receive a fax, always said 'connection failed' took it back to HP and again they checked it and 1 week later gave me another brand new one...

So would appear that HP will just replace anything if it goes wrong.. what happens now it is out of guarantee ?

On the other hand my old left it behind Panasonic Microwave combi was 13 years old, my Cousin had a older model trouble free and 22 years old.. Needless to say but my Microwave, air con's, Floor fans, fridge, Plasma TV's here are all Panasonic

I have an old "bottom-of-the-line" fax machine that uses thermal paper with no cutter or anything. That's what I'd recommend if all you need it for is receiving an occasional fax. I doubt if I get more than one fax/month any more.

If you really need to make good copies then one of the all-in-one machines is probably the way to go. If you use it a lot, you can get one with the outboard ink tanks that saves on costs considerably. I also have one of these but I don't use it for fax.

We have a Canon Pixma MX328 in the office, been very happy with it so far. This is an all-in-one printer, with scanner + copier as well, and color printing also. Then we have a bigger laser printer for the normal printing which is much cheaper.