Very Newbie Question

JusMe

Okay, I'm a super newbie at this.

My brand new Novo Elegance arrived today. I got the bike shop to do the registration for me, so that's easy and taken care of. Now I'll take it slow and easy as I don't get excited while breaking it in.

But here's a super beginner question: where do you keep your Green Registration Book? What about your insurance paper? And the Service Book with the pages to be completed when the required service is done?

At home? In my wallet? On the bike?

I know back in Canada, I'd keep my rego and insurance papers in my wallet so that if the car was stolen, no thief could use those papers to pretend to be me. But the green registration book is a bit too large for a pocket.

The bike is registered with a plate, but there's what appears to be a sticker stapled inside the green book. I suspect that should be attached somewhere on the bike? Or carried in my wallet? Doesn't seem to be any sticky to it, and as it's paper, I think any wet would harm it.

Sorry for such super simple questions, but it's all new to me - and loving it!

The green book used to be required to stay with the bike, but eventually it was realized that that just made it easier for thief's to steal and re-register the bike later, so you should keep a copy of the book on the bike, but keep the book elsewhere in a safe place.

The pink and blue sticker stapled to the inside of the book is the tax disk. It needs to be mounted and displayed on the bike somewhere so the coppers can see it at the checkpoints just like what you see on the windscreen of cars and trucks. Sometimes dealers give you a clear sticker to mount it with. I just used several pieces of scotch tape (clear tape) in hopes it will stay dry, and also double sided sticky tape underneath. You should at minimum keep a copy of the insurance papers on the bike with phone number of carrier and policy number so you can call them straight away in the event of an accident.

Enjoy your new bike!

Thanks, guys. I should have realized the copying option, a common necessity here in Thailand :)

I'll get them copied and leave the originals with other documents at home.

And I'll see about getting a good plastic cover with some dam_n good tape to ensure that it stays somewhere on the bike.

Enjoy it? hel_l's bells - I've only had it a few hours and am already almost orgasmic! Hooo Haaa!

Thanks, guys. I should have realized the copying option, a common necessity here in Thailand :)

I'll get them copied and leave the originals with other documents at home.

And I'll see about getting a good plastic cover with some dam_n good tape to ensure that it stays somewhere on the bike.

Enjoy it? hel_l's bells - I've only had it a few hours and am already almost orgasmic! Hooo Haaa!

Most stationery stores etc stock circular and square adhesive plastic covers particularly for this sticker..about 2 baht each from memory..same for car stickers..Sticker needs to be displayed in prominent position on the bike but inside the panel above the glove compartments out of the weather is an ideal place. Hope this helps you.