Share Prices Rebound As Foreign Investors Return

webfact

And just in case we forget how deeply insular, xenophobic and cretinous (or simply wrong) some members of the government can be, when they speak without checking the facts, here's an extract from a Reuters report, re the suggestion that foreign sellers were mostly responsible for the recent run on the market:

Thai institutional investors sold a net 4.3 billion baht

($129 million) worth of shares in the last four daily sessions

before Friday, while their foreign counterparts unloaded 1.6

billion baht ($47.9 million), according to the Stock Exchange

of Thailand. [iD:BKK482820

I for one sincerely hope H M health improves <snip>

As for the disgusting lowlifes who profit and loss on the wellbeing of other human beings, well they really are not even worth getting angry about, they will get theirs, sooner or later!

They would not understand, as their sole aim in life is money,money, and more money and to h-ll with the rest of us who suffer financially every single day on the whims of these leeches..their types have created this financial downfall, and their speculating on common commodities, eg oil should not be allowed..look at the 'ripple effect'' of their actions...disgusting! :)

So you have been pleased to hear about banker bonuses going up?

so if i understand it well:

- market goes down due to unknown rumours being spread

- market goes up due to rumour spread by PM that the unknown rumour was false and he would have it investigated

Which of the 2 is manipulating the market

I for one sincerely hope H M health improves <snip>

As for the disgusting lowlifes who profit and loss on the wellbeing of other human beings, well they really are not even worth getting angry about, they will get theirs, sooner or later!

They would not understand, as their sole aim in life is money,money, and more money and to h-ll with the rest of us who suffer financially every single day on the whims of these leeches..their types have created this financial downfall, and their speculating on common commodities, eg oil should not be allowed..look at the 'ripple effect'' of their actions...disgusting! :)

So you have been pleased to hear about banker bonuses going up?

Yeh, you got it..hope they choke on it....We all will pay the price of this 'GREED' :D

Best wishes To HM, may he have a speedy recovery and a great 82nd Birthday. He is my favourite Monarch in the World, and I have the deepest admiration and respect for him, and what he has done for Thailand.

HM THE KING is an awsome guy. to Thai readers.......................PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......................................................... plan for the future. START TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

we westerners all have " plan B ". learn from us.PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! START TODAY. Ower western "neurosis" is USEFULL.

MY PRAYERS TO HM THE KING , HIS FAMILY, AND TO ALL THAI PEOPLE.

:):D:D

Please keep this thread civil and in accordance with forum rule #2. Otherwise we will close this topic immediately.

Please pay attention

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

Thank you for your cooperation

Long live the King!!! :)

Wow.....a stock market falling and rising on rumor and speculation..........so typical of Thailand....you would never see such a thing

in US or EU.... :)

SO WHY do we have a GLOBAL crisis?

it would appear that a more sarcastic-looking smiley is required :D

:D:D

Wow.....a stock market falling and rising on rumor and speculation..........so typical of Thailand....you would never see such a thing

in US or EU.... :)

What rubbish.

It is all about speculation and when certain people speak, everyone listens.

Long live the King.

Edited by Jonathanpattaya

There is nothing unusual in a sharp "correction" for a market that has increased more than 60% year to date. It does not signify much. More important isthe fact that the historical PE for the SET was 27 at the end of September - a level only ever seen once (in 1990). That means that much of SET's performance this year was based on hopes of sharply rebounding earnings. My broker talks of forward earnings of 11 or 12 for the SET. I have a chart on my website showing correlation between SET PE and market tops. Invariably high PE correlates with tops, suggesting that the norm is for people to get over hopeful.

Well said!

1. Nothing wrong with people who make a living on Trading Stocks, Futures, ForEx, Commodities. It is essential to hedge against risk when needing a regular supply in metals, grains, energy, USD, etc. But when it comes to $$$ speculations, it affects those billions of people with the rise of FOOD, Energy, Savings, and a regular income in many many cases.

2. Ideal Capitalism is great. It is the greed in people in Capitalist world that make Capitalism weak.

SURE THERE MAY BE INDUVIDUALS (OTHER VIEWS) but surely you can see this one.

Hope we learn from this.. notttT

Gold US1060+/bbl. (new high)

Brent US76+/t oz. (100% since March 2009)

I wish I could buy gold by the barell, and then sell it by the ounce..........

Abhisit says SEC, police still trace source or rumor that hit stock market

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said Sunday that the Securities Exchange Commission and police were still tracing to the source of rumours that caused the stock market to suffer losses last week.

He said the SEC was in charge of conducing the investigation with help from police.

He urged traders not to panic with rumours.

He said the SEC would have to monitor the situation closely and must come up with explanations in time to prevent a panic.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009/10/18

There is nothing unusual in a sharp "correction" for a market that has increased more than 60% year to date. It does not signify much. More important isthe fact that the historical PE for the SET was 27 at the end of September - a level only ever seen once (in 1990). That means that much of SET's performance this year was based on hopes of sharply rebounding earnings. My broker talks of forward earnings of 11 or 12 for the SET. I have a chart on my website showing correlation between SET PE and market tops. Invariably high PE correlates with tops, suggesting that the norm is for people to get over hopeful.

I agree but it is easier in fact de rigueur to blame the foreign investor.

Someone shuould remind thai journalists to check their facts either internally or throgh Reuters. It was Thai investors returning!!