Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

OK - new hamburger place is opening tomorrow - Just Burgers - on Jomtien Beach Road just past Soi 8 - next to Red and White Bar / House of Pain.

If the burger remains as good as what we got last night for the taste test people from Chiang Mai will be coming here for a burger!!!!! It is an American guy doing it and he has it right.

Real meat, real sauce and the flavour - well I guess you will just have to try it yourself. Opens from 10:00 a.m.

I know I will be eating there on a regular basis and I will bet a Chang beer some of you will be too!

Go try.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pressure, the pressure ...

Yes I will try it when I get the chance.

Recently I tried the beefburger at Maggs on Thepprasit. It was really rather decent. The bun and toppings were good and I loved the fries. The coleslaw was too creamy for my taste. The beef was a good sized patty and not offensive (somewhat better than the beer garden place). The beef itself lacked the grill taste or good beef taste that is the key to a really excellent burger, but after all, TIT. Cost 195 baht I think.

Edited by Jingthing

OK - new hamburger place is opening tomorrow - Just Burgers - on Jomtien Beach Road just past Soi 8 - next to Red and White Bar / House of Pain.

If the burger remains as good as what we got last night for the taste test people from Chiang Mai will be coming here for a burger!!!!! It is an American guy doing it and he has it right.

Real meat, real sauce and the flavour - well I guess you will just have to try it yourself. Opens from 10:00 a.m.

I know I will be eating there on a regular basis and I will bet a Chang beer some of you will be too!

Go try.

How was their french fries ( Chips)? A good burger has to be accompanied by good chips. I'm from America, but when I moved to Thailand My British friends tought me the difference between fries and chips.

Barry

Pretty good burger, but the beef sucked. Only in Thailand! :)

I didn't say it sucked, I said it wasn't offensive.

You know, you deal with the environment you're in.

I've heard in Cuba when they have a meat shortage they make up a yummy plate of Cuban food but the steak is cardboard, literally cardboard. Sometimes the fixins' can sort of fool you. OK, if you don't believe the Cubans sometimes make steak from cardboard that's fine, maybe its an urban myth, but it still makes a good story ...

Edited by Jingthing

Pretty good burger, but the beef sucked. Only in Thailand! :)

I didn't say it sucked, I said it wasn't offensive.

You know, you deal with the environment you're in.

I've heard in Cuba when they have a meat shortage they make up a yummy plate of Cuban food but the steak is cardboard, literally cardboard. Sometimes the fixins' can sort of fool you. OK, if you don't believe the Cubans sometimes make steak from cardboard that's fine, maybe its an urban myth, but it still makes a good story ...

I'm just being ironic or sarcastic... or something along those lines.

By the way Barry, hamburgers are eaten with fries and fish and chips is eaten with chips, but it is not too bad switching one for the other if you have to.

Oh goody, another burger place where you can't get a decent Aussie style burger! What do I have to do to get a decent Aussie burger, open my own restaurant? :)

??

If you asked the guy I am sure he would love to put beetroot on his hamburger! I am aussie and I hate beetroot!!!

Edited by aussiechick

How was their french fries ( Chips)? A good burger has to be accompanied by good chips. I'm from America, but when I moved to Thailand My British friends tought me the difference between fries and chips.

Barry

The only real fries are Belgian, therefore I guess the crappy ones you get all over the planet are named "French fries" :)

BTW, there used to be a Belgian fries cart on second near soi 7/8? and there are at least 3 Belgian restaurants in Pattaya, not sure their fries are the real thing though (quality of potatoes is adamant)

Amazing Thailand!

All the Thai-o-philes flocking to the land of smiles looking for that culinary abomination called a hamburger.

Pa-fookin'-thetic

Maybe you never had a world class burger. Hardly a culinary abomination, though most of what you get here could be called that.

Oh goody, another burger place where you can't get a decent Aussie style burger! What do I have to do to get a decent Aussie burger, open my own restaurant? :)

??

I think its an Aussie guy who has opened a stall on the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhow, bit more expensive than my usual 100 baht burger and chips around the corner at the 18 Coins though

Justin is still working the kinks out of a new startup business, but I stopped by about 11:00 and had a cheese burger and thought it tasted great. Cooks it on a BBQ grill so it has a good "smokey" flavor. I thought the beef tasted fine... Just like I would eat in the States, even though it is Thai Beef...

Things are going to be a little rough as with all new businesses and it won't be perfect for a bit, but definately worth a try!!! 120 Baht for a bacon cheese burger with a choice of swiss, american or pepper jack cheese. Bun toasted on the grill... lettuce tomatoe onion mayo and mustard for me.

Tasty... I wish him a lot of success and will be going back...

Micheal

Justin is still working the kinks out of a new startup business, but I stopped by about 11:00 and had a cheese burger and thought it tasted great. Cooks it on a BBQ grill so it has a good "smokey" flavor. I thought the beef tasted fine... Just like I would eat in the States, even though it is Thai Beef...

Things are going to be a little rough as with all new businesses and it won't be perfect for a bit, but definately worth a try!!! 120 Baht for a bacon cheese burger with a choice of swiss, american or pepper jack cheese. Bun toasted on the grill... lettuce tomatoe onion mayo and mustard for me.

Micheal

Is this "Just Burgers" or is this another place?

I'm just being ironic or sarcastic... or something along those lines.

By the way Barry, hamburgers are eaten with fries and fish and chips is eaten with chips, but it is not too bad switching one for the other if you have to.

Freedom Fries to be more specific ?

What do I have to do to get a decent Aussie burger.

Head over to Cafe Uno in soi Khao Noi, I get them to make me up a burger with the lot (i pre purchase my own beetroot) and its as fookin lush as can be.

What is this hamburger/beetroot connection?

You Aussies don't really put beetroot on your burgers do you? :)

What is this hamburger/beetroot connection?

You Aussies don't really put beetroot on your burgers do you? :)

For sure we do plus egg,bacon,pineapple,onion and cheese, its called a burger with the lot and the one from Cafe Uno is on par with any ive eaten back home.

Dayum Im feeling hungry now, Guess what im having for diner.

Edited by Spoonman

Micheal

Sounds like Just Burgers to me Phil.

Micheal

I still do not have an answer. Comes with fries, chips, or wha?

Barry

Barry - have no idea - I was just lucky enough to have a great tasty burger to try and give my opinion. Why don't you just go yourself and see. You can have a beer at Red and White at the same time - in fact you can eat your burger at Red and White while you are having a beer!

Micheal

YES.... JUSTin BURGERS

Barry - have no idea - I was just lucky enough to have a great tasty burger to try and give my opinion. Why don't you just go yourself and see. You can have a beer at Red and White at the same time - in fact you can eat your burger at Red and White while you are having a beer!

I will when I'm in Pattaya again. We moved to Korat a couple of years ago.

Barry