Best Burgers In Pattaya

aussiechick

Try opening a burger stall selling 500 baht burgers and get ready to eat your own burgers. Paying more for quality, yes. 500 baht more? No.

Burger in the US at a massively popular burger restaurant (not fast food) using ONE HALF POUND of high quality beef cooked to order, including fries or tater tots ... under 300 baht.

post-37101-0-41847600-1319431536_thumb.j

This is one of their many custom novelty burgers, the Elvis ...

“slathered with a King-sized helpin’ of smooth peanut butter, bacon, and fried bananas.”

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just checked and the burger at the Mariott Garden Cafe is about 300baht after service charge. The waitress said it's Austrailan beef. So not as bad as I thought it would be but certainly no bargain.

Edited by ES1

Ok, just checked and the burger at the Mariott Garden Cafe is about 300baht after service charge. The waitress said it's Austrailan beef. So not as bad as I thought it would be but certainly no bargain.

Do you ever eat any of the food you talk about? Verdict? Excellent? Terrible?

Sure, send me some money and I will gladly go around to these places and eat the food for you. Or your could...you know, go there yourself and give people this information. Or do you just like to snipe from the bushes?

Try opening a burger stall selling 500 baht burgers and get ready to eat your own burgers. Paying more for quality, yes. 500 baht more? No.

How does that equate ?

Selling one at 500b is going to be more profitable than 10 for free.

And selling 10 for 100 baht is going to be more profitable than one at 500b......Sigh....you people and your stupid arguments make this far too easycool.gif

Edited by ES1

The 300 baht level is different.

A shop could build a good business focusing (and marketing) on quality, best in town (not that hard to do given the competition) burgers.

Large sized burgers

Burgers cooked to order

Choice of imported or Thai French, etc.

Many quality topping options, priced extra from the basic burger

Exceptionally good bread

Choice of above average side dish included (potatoes)

This concept is an old school no cheating concept. For an example of a similar concept look into Five Guys Hamburgers in the US. Actually offer the best and justify the price. How could that fail?

post-37101-0-28541500-1319454145_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

I'd be interested to know how many of you would pay 500 Baht for a proper burger...not just occasionally but say once or twice a month?

If it is a decent burger and comes with proper chips I would have no issue in dropping 500b for a burger. I dont mind paying for good food.

I would second that. Especially if the beef came from Alberta, Texas or Argentina and was cooked according to your specifications.

I can think of 2 burgers I've ever had which were perfect....both served in Europe and costing around 500-600 Baht. The closest in Thailand was at the Landmark...only let down by presentation and sloppiness but the price was again in that region.

Frankly I can't even think of a memorable meal ever in Pattaya....except for a spicy pork salad I had for breakfast one time on the second road......!

Sorry but when people start recommending 100 Baht burgers I don't think quality but rather a 3am snack.

I can think of 2 burgers I've ever had which were perfect....both served in Europe and costing around 500-600 Baht. The closest in Thailand was at the Landmark...only let down by presentation and sloppiness but the price was again in that region.

Frankly I can't even think of a memorable meal ever in Pattaya....except for a spicy pork salad I had for breakfast one time on the second road......!

Sorry but when people start recommending 100 Baht burgers I don't think quality but rather a 3am snack.

People who are recommending Just Burgers are not saying the place has fantastic burgers. Rather, they are saying the burgers are OK for the price. I just ate there again yesterday. I had a cheeseburger and watched the girl grill it over a flame and put pepper-Jack cheese on it. I put BBQ sauce on it with some mustard. It had tomatoes and lettuce and onion on it. The meat was OK. Ranking it alongside Burger King and McDonald's, I would put it in the middle of those two. It is more than a 3 am snack. It is probably like a "burger fix" when you do not want to spend 300 to 400 baht on a (much better) burger in Pattaya. For beach food on Jomtien Beach, it is OK.

The beef used in McDonald's and Burger King burgers in Thailand is exactly the same. Maybe you people who rave about Burger King are eating Whoppers with bacon as the bacon makes the meat taste better. Burger King does use superior beef in the U.S.(at least it used to many years ago when I lived there), but not here.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Based on a recommendation here, today, I tried the Garden Burger at the Marriott Hotel's Garden Cafe. In short, I was not impressed and do not consider it worth B 300++. First off, it is quite small...maybe somewhere between a quarter and a half pound of beef. They claim it's imported Australian but I didn't find it very tasty. They serve it on square FOCACCIA bread...and the pattie is way smaller than the bread itself (should be just the opposite or at least to the edge of the roll/bread. It comes with cheese and bacon but they were so small I had to actually lift off the bread to confirm that they were both actually there! A bit of lettuce and tomato is also included, but no onions! A small portion of rather ordinary fries are also included.

My advice, go to the BK at the Royal Garden Mall instead and for 2/3rd the price, go for a Whopper with cheese/bacon and get a good burger on a proper sesame-seed bun that includes the requisite onions and comes with fries AND a drink. ;)

Edited by FarangBuddha

The beef used in McDonald's and Burger King burgers in Thailand is exactly the same. Maybe you people who rave about Burger King are eating Whoppers with bacon as the bacon makes the meat taste better. Burger King does use superior beef in the U.S.(at least it used to many years ago when I lived there), but not here.

Are u sure? To me the quality of beef at Burger King (and taste) is far superior to McD's. Maybe it is the flame grilling at BK. I do believe, and perhaps I am wrong, that BK has changed something over the past year and is now making better burgers.

If they changed BK's beef in the last year, you might be right, but - if true - until then, they were using the same low quality beef as McDonalds in Thailand for many years and at a much higher price. I would not mind paying more for better beef, but I have always regreted paying almost twice as much for the same taste.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Big Mac has everything besides the thin tomato slice and it has cheese and it is much cheaper. You have to pay something like 30 baht extra for a slice of American cheese if you want it on a Whopper. :whistling:

I always get a Whopper bacon/cheese meal deal for around B 200...if memory serves, a Big Mac meal is about B 160 or thereabouts, so for an extra buck, I get real veggies, cheese, bacon, and mayo (not some ickey Thousand Island based sauce). I'll live large and take the Whopper any day :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Thousand island dressing is mayo and ketchup, but I will admit that the bacon makes the lousy beef taste much better. :D

I am not sure when the last time was that you tried a burger at BK, but if it has been a long time, you might want to try again. I never really liked BK that much and certainly never liked McD. But lately BK seems to be making a much better burger. I think the prices went up too. Yes, the bacon probably makes a dry burger taste better. Really, the meat at BK seems different from the others and more similar to what I really like back in the USA. I wish Whataburger and Wendy's would come here, then we really would be getting very good burgers at a good price. By the way, I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a burger today. :)

Edited by Awohalitsiktoli